Misc I am brand new to this website, but I'm going to offer tips about SMB1 hex editing.

Nodge

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi TomodachiWorld, I'm new today at early hours in the morning. I signed up for gbatemp because Anderxale gave us all advice on how to downgrade a PS VITA from 3.74 already within a day of the OFW from being released LOL.

I'm wondering if you have any experience on being able to find hex addresses from String References. For example, let's say I have a memory editor and I searched for something like "MaxHealth". How could I search for a string and find the location for where the health is stored without having to search for a specific new value? Like, say I have 100 health and I search for a byte of 100 and then I get shot where it decreases to 74 in order for me to search for 74 to grab the address, how would I do a string search to get the address instead?

Last edited by Nodge,
Reactions: TomodachiWorld

TomodachiWorld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi TomodachiWorld, I'm new today at early hours in the morning. I signed up for gbatemp because Anderxale gave us all advice on how to downgrade a PS VITA from 3.74 already within a day of the OFW from being released LOL.

I'm wondering if you have any experience on being able to find hex addresses from String References. For example, let's say I have a memory editor and I searched for something like "MaxHealth". How could I search for a string and find the location for where the health is stored without having to search for a specific new value? Like, say I have 100 health and I search for a byte of 100 and then I get shot where it decreases to 74 in order for me to search for 74 to grab the address, how would I do a string search to get the address instead?
depends, if it’s an rpg like final fantasy 1 or 2, then you should be able to look at all the values, see which ones go up or down from healing or taking damage, and you should find it.

TomodachiWorld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also if you must know that some games have values for starting max health for brand new save files, you should only edit that if you‘re romhacking a game, but if you‘re trying to cheat then it’s fine, but either way it’s not recommended at all.

halwakhao130

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Reactions: TomodachiWorld

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.