Hardware I adore my GBM

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just want to say I love my Gameboy Micro to bits. I would marry it if I weren't already married.

GBM with EZ-Flash IV is the awesomest awesomeness since the beginning of forever.

So tiny. So light. So many fabulous games. Charges up fast as crap, and a full charge lasts so long.

D

Deleted-236924

Good to see you would cheat on your wife with a Gameboy Micro.

(BTW, I thought this was Schlupi posting)

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
Sop said:
I know, I have the famicom edition.

+1

Me too.

I have the MOTHER 3 Deluxe Box Micro.
tpi.gif

I love my Micro too. Yeah, Pinguin. I could see why you got that idea.
tongue.gif

I remember back in the day I bashed the Micro when it came out. It wasn't until I held one in my hands that I knew how great it was...

it took me until this year to get one. I got it CHEAP too (they go for 300 CIB; I got the MOTHER 3 DB, Earthbound, the guide, MOTHER 1+2 Perfect guide, MOTHER 1+2 ALL for only 355!).

God. I shiver when I think back to the Game Boy Advance days. The Game Boy Advance is EASILY my favorite handheld console of all time.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love my mico but the fatal flaw is the screen size. They could have and should have made the screen a good deal bigger while keeping the same form factor. That's why my micro gets ignored most of the time in favor of my AGS 101

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
dickfour said:
I love my mico but the fatal flaw is the screen size. They could have and should have made the screen a good deal bigger while keeping the same form factor. That's why my micro gets ignored most of the time in favor of my AGS 101

Thing is, 101 are more fragile. I have the NES edition SP (I know, it's a 100 but same rules apply) and they get scratched up, worn, etc. faster than the Micro's body. Don't get me wrong. I DO love to use my SP. It's just a tad bulkier (especially since I use a case to protect it, and it carries Link's Awakening or my GB Doctor too
tongue.gif
) and that's one reason why I prefer the Micro. Plus my eyes are great the screen size doesn't interfere with my playing at all.

@ Pinoguin:
sad.gif
It's a skin, not a faceplate. I don't wanna cover my MOTHER 3 faceplate, anyways.
tongue.gif
Thanks for the tip.

And wait -- TWENTY FRIGGIN BUCKS FOR A SKIN? No thanks. >_>

D

Deleted-236924

"fragile"
As long as it doesn't snap in two, it should be alright.

(And you were supposed to notice the ":P" in my post.)

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... I used to see new Japanese FC editions for 50-60 bucks. THEY ARE ALL GONE! ;O;

I dunno what happened. It was only a month ago. Oh well. I'll have to stalk ebay to get one cheap now.

Cheapest new one now: http://cgi.ebay.com/Gameboy-Micro-20th-Ann...=item256593b55c

Remember kids. The Famicom, MOTHER 3, and FF IV ones are the way to go.
wink.gif

Us USA peoples got NASTY coloured faceplates. You Euroguys got sweet, solid colours. You can colour me jelly.

D

Deleted-236924

Strangely, I'd rather have a regular everyday gameboy micro than a fancy special edition one.
Specifically, this:

gbam2.jpg

I wonder if flea market has Gameboy Micro?

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Shorkio said:
Gah, I wish I have GBM
frown.gif
they are so expensive nowdays >_<
Offtopic: Schlupi, did you bought that replacement shell for SP?
unsure.gif

Nope. I got a NES Edition SP as seen here:

SPandBoxFront.jpg

Got it on Ebay (with a Flash 2 Advance Ultra!!!) both CIB for 64 dollars. It was hidden deep down in the site because of it's terrible naming and grammar. I found it by complete accident. XP

The last one I found on Ebay CIB went for 160 (with SMA4).

@Pinoguin: I AGREE. I am looking into buying a normal SP and Micro because of that very fact; I'd like to keep my nice ones preserved.

D

Deleted-236924

handhelds.png

See why I want a silver Micro now?
smile.gif

I put this on my SP, though:
atarisp.png

It could be a good idea to buy an AGS-101 and replace the case with the one from my AGS-001.

Reactions: 1 person

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I HAVE THOSE STICKERS ON THINGS TOO!!

They came in my "Yu Yu Hakusho" Gba game... or guide.
unsure.gif
It had three of them and a DVD with the first episodes of the fight with Toguro.
tongue.gif

(You probably have NO IDEA what I am talking about >_>)

I like the matching colours of handhelds.
tongue.gif
Is that a Pocket or Light?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure that's a Pocket. Lights have the button labels on the A/B buttons rather than underneath them, IIRC.

I still regret selling my Micro. One of those later ones that didn't come with faceplates, had a silver body and a polished black front. Should've stocked up on those things while Walmart still had them. Seriously, $30 NEW. And they probably ended up pretty much tossing away a dozen of them; there were at least that many left before they took 'em off the shelves to start stocking the DSi. Goddamn I'm an idiot.

D

Deleted-236924

Schlupi said:
I HAVE THOSE STICKERS ON THINGS TOO!!

They came in my "Yu Yu Hakusho" Gba game... or guide.
unsure.gif
It had three of them and a DVD with the first episodes of the fight with Toguro.
tongue.gif

(You probably have NO IDEA what I am talking about >_>)

I like the matching colours of handhelds.
tongue.gif
Is that a Pocket or Light?
That's what they came in too.
My friend's mom bought him two gba games about 1 year ago (for no reason at all) and it was one of those.
There were three stickers. One of them is still on the back of his GBM while one of them obviously is on my SP.
As for the third one, I ruined it when I tried putting it on my DS Lite (Not the silver one.)
I didn't place it correctly, so I attempted to take it off so I could place it properly again. Didn't work quite as expected.

And yes, that's a Pocket. It has Link's Awakening in it too.
I'm glad I got one of the later revisions, since the earlier ones didn't have a power LED.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL