Hacking I Accidentally updated my switch,

darksoleil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a modded switch off eBay for my son who has cerebral palsy, last night he accidentally clicked update when trying to start Mario Kart, the switch updated and now it's running 11.0.1 Now atmosphere won't boot when I hook it up to my pc. I don't have a clue what to do as far as updating atmosphere to get it to run or whatever I have to do, can someone please help I'm literally hopeless when it comes to stuff like this.. My son is upset and thinks he broke it, any help would be appreciated, I've been up all night trying to watch youtube vids to fix it but nothing really explains what to do

ibbanez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100%, but shouldn't you only need to update the newest atmosphere v0.18.1 and get the up to date patches as well? Also, in the future, I would block Nintendo servers if there is a chance that kids are playing, that way you don't accidentally do this. Also make sure that you use emummc so that even if you do update and you mess it up, you can simply redo it. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: Deleted User

darksoleil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for replying, at the risk of sounding like a total idiot.......how do I boot into Hekate menu? I literally have never done any of this before, I downloaded the files. Sorry in advance, I'm learning this as I go along.

Last edited by darksoleil,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://switch.homebrew.guide/index.html
Read this, may help. And no problem, that's why we are all here.. we all originally needed help and here became our second home. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for anything else.
Unfortunately you will need a RCM jig to put the switch into RCM mode...You can find them on ebay cheap, or if you know someone that has a 3D printer, they can be made easily - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2973594

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man, this forum is awesome!
Glad you're here, we encourage you to stay around, post often, and have fun here. We're a friendly, helpful forum full of good people. :wub:

darksoleil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol......dumb question but I have to ask as I don't want to mess this up, I placed the contents of the fusee folder on the sd card, with hekate do I do the same including the bootloader file? It's asking me to overwrite a bunch of files when I do this, is that supposed to happen?

I managed to boot into hekate but when I click on payloads the folder is empty, nothing shows up, am I doing something wrong.

Apologies for bugging and thanks for the help, this forum is a lifesaver I was on the verge of mailing the switch into a service on Ebay that supposedly fixes them for $99

Last edited by darksoleil,

darksoleil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew I was supposed to keep that jig that came with the switch, phew! I was gonna just chuck it away as I had no idea what it was for......lol

darksoleil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, got it working!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the help everyone! Only problem I have is launching tinfoil I get a corrupted data message, is there something else I have to update?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nevermind, got it working!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the help everyone! Only problem I have is launching tinfoil I get a corrupted data message, is there something else I have to update?
You might need to reinstall the Tinfoil NSP, that is basically it to make it work again. I had the same issue. Just delete it like any game, boot Tinfoil via the album button and let it reinstall the tinfoil nsp.

darksoleil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woohoo! That's it back up and running! Thanks everybody!!!! You've literally saved me here, I spent $400 on the switch and was ready to concede defeat and buy another.. thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...