Hacking Question I accidentally updated my hacked switch to version 0.9

Ido_Omer100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
So I am new to this hack business and I accidentally updated my switch to version 0.9. now, I kinda freaked out. I can't launch the switch through hekate any more (although I can launch hekate through rcm mode). I can open the switch through normal nintendo mode but than I can't open private games I installed, as well my custom theme or anything else related to the hack. I tried using the latest atmosphere (0.9.3) but when I activating the fusee primary bin the screen turns light black. What can I do?

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait for now. It will only be days most likely before everything gets updated yo support 9.0. It's only a matter of time.

That or restore a nand backup you made on a lower firmware.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You will just have to wait untill cfw is updated to be compatibility with 9.0. In future use 90dns to block Ninetys servers.

MonsterHunterJay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone - I have a question I really need to know.

My bloody has been official firmware updated to 9, stupidly I know, and I really want to play the games.

Right, I did a NAND raw backup when I started, which is on 8.0.1 but the file size is only 27gb big - is this wrong?

How do I know if it will work or not - I'm stressed to fudge

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Best course of action for anyone who "accidentally" updated, is to wait it out. The solution will come sooner than later. Downgrading the firmware is a somewhat risky thing to do, especially if you have no experience. If you really must play games in the meanwhile, just get yourself a pack of cards and play some solitaire. :D

Seriously, 9.0 will be supported within a week, more than likely.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My bloody has been official firmware updated to 9, stupidly I know, and I really want to play the games.

Right, I did a NAND raw backup when I started, which is on 8.0.1 but the file size is only 27gb big - is this wrong?

Did you also backup boot1 and boot0? You'll need your raw nand and those two files and you wont be able to boot your switch at all without a custom bootloader because your fuse count wont match.

Reactions: wicksand420

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
How can we prevent those update nags? They start the selector on update (which is a big dick move), and I've accidentally installed one before.

MonsterHunterJay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you also backup boot1 and boot0? You'll need your raw nand and those two files and you wont be able to boot your switch at all without a custom bootloader because your fuse count wont match.
Yes, yes I did pal.

Got those three files and it all accounts to about 28gb in total.

I've made a back up of the version 9.0.0 just incase the downgrade doesn't work (unpatched switched).

Those warnings signs scare the shizz out of me aha.

I've also got my bootloader on my phone so I can set it straight up [emoji123]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I’m not sure if anyone noticed he has a patched switch on 9.0 so yes he’s basically screwed I doubt he will ever see cfw

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I’d be happy to have the beta version of Nintendo software, 0.9 is extremely rare, I would not do anything at all and instead dump the system for the community!

alisahib085

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Best course of action for anyone who "accidentally" updated, is to wait it out. The solution will come sooner than later. Downgrading the firmware is a somewhat risky thing to do, especially if you have no experience. If you really must play games in the meanwhile, just get yourself a pack of cards and play some solitaire. :D

Seriously, 9.0 will be supported within a week, more than likely.

I did the same thing but my game don't load, will the future atmosphere updates that allow it to work on 9.0 let me play my games?

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Make an emummc out of it and leave your sysnand untouched until all homebrew is updated. If emummc works it s a good backup :).

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People love to use the word "accidentally". They should know better. SMH. I always used the airplane mode on and turn wifi off. No problem. And no accident at all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse