Homebrew HzMod - old3DS screen streaming

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 246,536
  • Replies 573
  • Likes 102

What should be HorizonModule renamed to?

• HzMod

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • HzModule

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • HzProc

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • HzDbg

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • HzDebug

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
]

How is it supposed to re-connect? I tested it earlier and HorizonScreen crashed as soon as I soft reset.

You have to use matching HzMod and HzScreen, otherwise you'll get unintended side effects. Latest HzMod is not even compatible with older HzScreens (technically it is, but have fun suffering if you try).

Older HzScreen and HorizonScreen don't auto-reconnect, they just die. You have to reopen the program. You need a very recent HzScreen to have auto-reconnect functionality. You know if it has auto-reconnect because it spams the console with the same error about disconnect.

MattCaulder

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You have to use matching HzMod and HzScreen, otherwise you'll get unintended side effects. Latest HzMod is not even compatible with older HzScreens (technically it is, but have fun suffering if you try).

Older HzScreen and HorizonScreen don't auto-reconnect, they just die. You have to reopen the program. You need a very recent HzScreen to have auto-reconnect functionality. You know if it has auto-reconnect because it spams the console with the same error about disconnect.

How do I make sure I have matching versions? If I grab the AIO pack, shouldn't those match?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
How do I make sure I have matching versions? If I grab the AIO pack, shouldn't those match?

You have to be lucky. Files in a zip to be guaranteed to match, unless someone else other than me made the zip.

Also, I think the files in the first post are super horribly outdated, I should update it sometime...

Broder

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello Sono, i've been trying to use this program on my O2DS, the blue light is on and everything, i open up the .exe with my IP and... it gives me a error (34) result too large, 10061, what should i do?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello Sono, i've been trying to use this program on my O2DS, the blue light is on and everything, i open up the .exe with my IP and... it gives me a error (34) result too large, 10061, what should i do?

That means connection refused.

Try opening a program which creates a connection (like ftpd or ftBrony), open HzScreen, and try to connect, and wait. If it times out, go back to the Home Menu and wait until 10061 starts appearing.

After you can get a consistent 10061 on the Home Menu, THEN open HzMod.

It's also important to note that you have to match HzMod versions with HzScreen versions. They are not separatable.
The latest version should not be compatible with older HzScreen versions.

If you keep having issues with HzScreen, try Snickerstream.

Broder

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
That means connection refused.

Try opening a program which creates a connection (like ftpd or ftBrony), open HzScreen, and try to connect, and wait. If it times out, go back to the Home Menu and wait until 10061 starts appearing.

After you can get a consistent 10061 on the Home Menu, THEN open HzMod.

It's also important to note that you have to match HzMod versions with HzScreen versions. They are not separatable.
The latest version should not be compatible with older HzScreen versions.

If you keep having issues with HzScreen, try Snickerstream.

I actually got to fix the problem the same day! It turns out i ahd to check my Router settings, see the Devices IPs and my 3DS had a different IP... sadly, perfomance wasn't great, on HzScreen i had 1 FPS and on Snickerstream i had 6 or 7 FPS

Sergio24151

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
porque no me deja entrar a la aplicasion en mi PC alguien me ayuda

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why doesn't anyone let me into the application on my pc, does anyone help me, do I need a program or something?

mooware

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
How do I turn off the LED when using the snickerstream program with hzmod?

You can't turn off the LEDs, it's *baked* into the HzMod binary on the 3DS-side. I didn't design any config option to disable this because nobody was annoyed by it as far as I know, so I was never bothered of adding such optionality.

Myself, I don't mind the LED too much, but apart from the cyan and green colors for connection state, I don't understand what it's showing. Apparently it flashes red when I press buttons, which doesn't seem useful.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is the source code for HzMod available somewhere? I only found what is apparently a very outdated version (github: Bas25/HorizonMod), where the network protocol doesn't quite match what the current version sends.

Reactions: Sono

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.