?

What should be HorizonModule renamed to?

Poll closed May 21, 2017.
  1. HzMod

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. HzModule

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. HzProc

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. HzDbg

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. HzDebug

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 22 voter(s)
  1. Morricorne

Morricorne Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    No chance to do something like this on Android device? This will be awesome and really helpfull

2. Sono

OP Sono Modern slave; tsundere
    Developer

Hungary
    You mean, you want Android --> PC, PC --> Android, Android --> 3DS, or 3DS --> Android?

Zense likes this.
  3. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    When I open HorizonScreen-PC.exe on my PC it automatically closes on its own, what do I do?

4. Sono

Developer

Hungary
    There are two versions: one which requires you to pass the IP in the console, and one which requires you to type the IP in the console itself.

Because it autocloses, you probably have the console version. It should be in the documentation on how to use that version. In newer packages there is also a doubleclick-able bat file which requires you to enter your IP, and it'll remember the IP.

5. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Got it, thanks for responding, I'll try to download the other version.

6. Sono

Developer

Hungary
    Please remember that some versions are only compatible with other versions. If you use an old HorizonScreen then you'll get heavy screen tearing if you're using an old3DS.

7. BenjiX

BenjiX Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm using a 2ds, and i'm getting this error: connect ret = -1, errno = (0) No error, WSAGetLastError() = 10061

8. Sono

Developer

Hungary
    That means that the IP address points to a valid location, but the device rejected the connection.
    Is HzMod even open on the 3DS? The blue LED should be on.
    Are you using a matching HzMod / HorizonScreen version? The files always come in the same package.

9. BenjiX

BenjiX Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes, its open. There's blue light, and it turns red when I press a button. And yes, I should belive so.

10. Sono

Developer

Hungary
    In that case it's really weird. Uhh... I'd say try capturing Home Menu first, and then try games. Sadly game compatibility is not 100% due to hardware limitations.

11. BenjiX

BenjiX Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah, okay, I understand. Thanks!

12. Morricorne

Morricorne Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    I mean stream 3ds/old2ds screen on my phone screen with Android off course. This Will be awesome and really helpfull. I hate my old2ds TN screen. TN screen compare to 5.7 inch IPS screen is a shit. My eyes hurt when i play Harvest moon a new beginning on old2ds. No problem with IPS phone screen.
    Something like that Will be awesome

13. Sono

Developer

Hungary
    Have you tried CTR_Redshift? Some batches of screens are so awful that their blue look washed out and dull, and really hurt the eyes due to how bad the image quality is, so sacrificing some color accuracy (not that these shitty LCDs are color accurate to begin with) you could test if it feels better on the eye.
    I'm saying this because I doubt that playing at 4-5FPS is the solution to this, because it will give you a headache for other reasons.

Although I have planned an Android version for ages, I simlpy can't figure out how to make it work with Android's stupid limitations.

Morricorne likes this.
  14. Morricorne

Morricorne Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    I not tried anything cause i only hack 2ds with Guide from 3ds hack Guide. And install Only harvest moon a new beginning game. 2/3 hour of play and my eyes hurt. Thats why i stop use 2ds anymore. Now i think about sell this console and buy any other with better screen. IPS is a minimum for me i think. But Anyway thanks for all help. I really apperciate it.

Sono likes this.
  15. Sono

Developer

Hungary
    That's sad to hear, because the 2DS is really comfortable. But good luck in your search, IPS 3DSes are somewhat hard to find.

Sadly there is not enough FPS for old3DS. If you get a new3DS however, you can get somewhat decent FPS in some games.

Morricorne likes this.
  16. tmob

tmob Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi! I have one question, I use a new3DS with snickerstream on Minecraft because ntr made the game run super slow. However with this when i go into game i cannot use the c-stick? On the home menu i can with it also active. Is this a limitation or a bug? Thanks in advance!

17. Sono

Developer

Hungary
    Can't use the CStick? That does sound like a bug.

Have you tried opening HzMod, but only connecting when you're already in-game? Just to confirm that this is caused by a bug on my side, or just something running out of RAM.

18. tmob

tmob Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay so I found even just having Hzmod open while playing minecraft made the Cstick not work. The cstick works just fine on the home menu. For testing sake I'll download xenoblade for 3ds since its a new3ds game also and ill check if the cstick works. Thanks for the reply!

Edit: Is it normal for the LED by the top screen to turn red on almost every input?

Last edited by tmob, Jun 5, 2020
    Sono likes this.
  19. tmob

tmob Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay well after some testing done on Xenoblade Chronicles and later Majora's mask when I remembered it had Cstick support it seems that none of the games support the cstick with Hzmod enabled

Sono likes this.
  20. Sono

Developer

Hungary
    Yeah, that's there so you know that it hasn't crashed yet.

I would've never noticed this because my CStick is factory-defective. I have a suspicion as for why CStick doesn't work, and it's purely by accident.

It would be a few-minute fix, but because HzMod's source code is exploded, I can't build a cia with the bugfix, sorry :(
    It'll take a long time until I'm able to make a new build :sad:

Edit: also lack free time to get the source code together, otherwise we'd be having 63FPS on new3DS...

Last edited by Sono, Jun 6, 2020
    tmob likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - streaming, screen, old3DS