Homebrew HzMod - old3DS screen streaming

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 249,560
  • Replies 573
  • Likes 102

What should be HorizonModule renamed to?

• HzMod

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • HzModule

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • HzProc

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • HzDbg

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • HzDebug

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So wait, it,s possible to restore the video to 60FPS?
The 3DS plays in fullspeed with this? Ofcourse not the recording.

there are 2 recording modes in the private build: realtime and fullspeed... realtime tries to push as many frames as possible without intentionally slowing the 3DS down, whereas fullspeed will slow down the currently running program intentionally so you could make 60fps recordings of a TAS movie playback for example. the only downside of realtime is that you can't capture sound in most games due the way how some games handle music

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are 2 recording modes in the private build: realtime and fullspeed... realtime tries to push as many frames as possible without intentionally slowing the 3DS down, whereas fullspeed will slow down the currently running program intentionally so you could make 60fps recordings of a TAS movie playback for example. the only downside of realtime is that you can't capture sound in most games due the way how some games handle music
Which one would be more along the lines of ntr?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Okies. Thanks. Would it be allowed for speedrunning? Besides slowing down the 3DS ofcourse.

EDIT, Is your next project HzMod for the Wii U?

Last edited by thekarter104,

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okies. Thanks. Would it be allowed for speedrunning? Besides slowing down the 3DS ofcourse.

EDIT, Is your next project HzMod for the Wii U?
Any potential slowdown made my external programs is prohibited in almost every case, so using this to record the run is probably not allowed, not sure how OP is supposed to know this though. If there was a verified, proven way of recording with this without it causing any differences to a mod-less play, it would probably be allowed.

HzMod for WiiU is very, very unlikely. the current state of WiiU hacking is not even close to 3DS hacking, so a stream/record app will take a few years I guess.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Any potential slowdown made my external programs is prohibited in almost every case, so using this to record the run is probably not allowed, not sure how OP is supposed to know this though. If there was a verified, proven way of recording with this without it causing any differences to a mod-less play, it would probably be allowed.

HzMod for WiiU is very, very unlikely. the current state of WiiU hacking is not even close to 3DS hacking, so a stream/record app will take a few years I guess.

sadly the slowdown is required for technical reasons... I need to block the game for that very short amount of time until the next frame input is sent to the 3DS via wifi otherwise it'll descync no matter what

also, I don't have a WiiU because I can't afford one, and nobody wants to donate one either... but it's Big Endian and PowerPC anyways, so I'm not going to bother

Reactions: nitroBW

Merch

Tutorial God, Apparently.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.olivebowlgraphics.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
recently I discovered a method to make the 3DS lag like crazy, so I guess I could abuse that to capture at 60fps (which would be great for playing back TAS on real hardware)
You just gave me the most brilliant idea, & I don't know why this hasn't happened yet. TAS for 3DS.

I'm already seeing it now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, it's so interesting to look at the development of this, yet it's so hard for me to try & come up with a solution for everything, which hurts. It's like, I try so hard to be a developer, but I just end up at either modding or HTML/CSS.

Teun1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am getting error code C8804478.

EDIT: After reinstalling the CIA I am receiving error code D9001413.

Last edited by Teun1,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I am getting error code C8804478.

EDIT: After reinstalling the CIA I am receiving error code D9001413.

the first one means that it can't open ExtData because it's non-existant
the second one is a weird one... where does it say that? can you please screenshot it when that happens? both the top and bottom screen please if possible

Teun1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the first one means that it can't open ExtData because it's non-existant
the second one is a weird one... where does it say that? can you please screenshot it when that happens? both the top and bottom screen please if possible

Topscreen is black. Bottom screen:
Jqz3ZV.jpg

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Topscreen is black. Bottom screen:
Jqz3ZV.jpg

oh ._.
I was confused about my projects, sorry

uuuh... I know the first one means the Title is not found
but this second one... uuuh... are you on 11.4 old3DS (with Luma8 perhaps)?

edit: this error code means that you haven't updated your 3DS to at least 11.0... HzMod needs 11.0 at least for it to work

Last edited by Sono,
Reactions: Teun1

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the streaming if it were to become more optimized. Is the NTR working by sending JPEG files rapidly? If so, could you have the system send smaller sized lossless images? Or would that require more CPU power? I'd love to eventually see a method of WiFi streaming that can reach 60fps very similarly to Katsukity without spending the money. I plan to stick with NTR for now though since it performs better. With NTR, the reds seem to bleed really badly. Even on 100 quality, if you were to carve or pickup an item on Monster Hunter, you can barely read it because of color bleeding. Or maybe even lower the color bit rate, unless that's why the bleeding is happening?

Last edited by Selim873,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the streaming if it were to become more optimized. Is the NTR working by sending JPEG files rapidly? If so, could you have the system send smaller sized lossless images? Or would that require more CPU power? I'd love to eventually see a method of WiFi streaming that can reach 60fps very similarly to Katsukity without spending the money. I plan to stick with NTR for now though since it performs better. With NTR, the reds seem to bleed really badly. Even on 100 quality, if you were to carve or pickup an item on Monster Hunter, you can barely read it because of color bleeding. Or maybe even lower the color bit rate, unless that's why the bleeding is happening?
afaik 60 FPS isn't possible even on N3DS, the maximum is a bit above 40 FPS.

Merch

Tutorial God, Apparently.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.olivebowlgraphics.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
afaik 60 FPS isn't possible even on N3DS, the maximum is a bit above 40 FPS.
It's funny, because I have 2 o3DS'; one is faster than the other (because it's the normal 3DS), & the other one, the o3DSXL, is slower than my o3DS. Anyways, I find it funny because whenever I'm in a game on the XL (say, Mario Kart 7), it runs on a clean 50 - 60 FPS average, & some menus max out at 30 FPS, which is understandable. I've done a lot of tests regarding seeing how fast they run, & game-wise, the o3DSXL is better, but overall performance-wise, the regular o3DS outdoes it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?