Hacking Hyperkin pro controller and nintendont

myunholysins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey I read the forums and searched about the hyperkin pro controller and working with nintendont. I came up dry and it seems people say it does and doesn't I was wondering if anyone can help me out getting it to work. If there is a way.

myunholysins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And quick update, I found out it can be reconigize in the home brew launcher but when nintendont comes on it just goes blank. I can do a video of it tomorrow if that's more help.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's literally just a wii u pro controller shaped like a GameCube controller so yes it should work.

MAKE SURE YOUR USING THE LATEST VERSION OF NINTENDONT.
I was having problems until updating

Now start your game and all controllers will turn off, that's good now turn on the controller (by pressing a) then wait like 5 seconds...everything should work. Again make sure your using the latest version of nintendont

myunholysins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's literally just a wii u pro controller shaped like a GameCube controller so yes it should work.

MAKE SURE YOUR USING THE LATEST VERSION OF NINTENDONT.
I was having problems until updating

Now start your game and all controllers will turn off, that's good now turn on the controller (by pressing a) then wait like 5 seconds...everything should work. Again make sure your using the latest version of nintendont
Yes so I made sure everything is up to date but it's still not turning on in nintendont.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes so I made sure everything is up to date but it's still not turning on in nintendont.
When you go into homebrew channel and open nintendont then you select your starve device you'll be on he screen with all your games press b then press 1 to get to the update screen. Update the controller thing that it says there if that doesn't work I don't know.

Also are you sure you synced the controller to the wii u? It has to have been previously synced on wii u to be useable. But since you said that it works in homebrew channel I'm guessing you did. Sorry I can't be more help I had the same issue but simply updating nintendont fixed everything for me

Ps while your in the nintendont setting make sure that "native controller" option (or whatever it's called should be similar to what I said) is turned off. It should be by default but you never know

Last edited by 4gionz,

myunholysins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you go into homebrew channel and open nintendont then you select your starve device you'll be on he screen with all your games press b then press 1 to get to the update screen. Update the controller thing that it says there if that doesn't work I don't know.

Also are you sure you synced the controller to the wii u? It has to have been previously synced on wii u to be useable. But since you said that it works in homebrew channel I'm guessing you did. Sorry I can't be more help I had the same issue but simply updating nintendont fixed everything for me

Ps while your in the nintendont setting make sure that "native controller" option (or whatever it's called should be similar to what I said) is turned off. It should be by default but you never know

Ya iv done all of that, it's just weird because some people say it works and doesn't but for me the controller works on the homebrew menu but just not nintendont. Thanks for trying to help me though!

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly it does not work with Nintendont (without an additional third party device). I have one as well and care verify the issue. The procube controller has a bluetooth protocol similar to many 3rd party wiimotes where it doesn't emit a signal long enough or something like that for homebrew to stay connected to it.

However, people have found the mayflash Wii U pro controller to USB connection wireless dongle will allow for this kind of connection on a Wii or Wii U in Nintendont. This product here:https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Wireless-Wii-Controller-Adapter/dp/B00E6553PW

However, do not have your Procube controller connected to the adapter as you enter whatever gamecube game you're looking to play. For whatever reason if you do, the game will freeze after a minute or so. The only confirmed working method I've seen of getting a Procube controller to work in Ninendont is by having that dongle set up on your vWii/Wii have a standard Wii U Pro controller connected to that when you start up your gamecube game. Then after the game has started, turn off the standard pro controller and connect the Procube Controller.

Hopefully a better solution comes about as it would really be great to easily get this controller working properly in Nintendont, considering how perfectly designed it is for that.

Last edited by duffmmann,

myunholysins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly it does not work with Nintendont (without an additional third party device). I have one as well and care verify the issue. The procube controller has a bluetooth protocol similar to many 3rd party wiimotes where it doesn't emit a signal long enough or something like that for homebrew to stay connected to it.

However, people have found the mayflash Wii U pro controller to USB connection wireless dongle will allow for this kind of connection on a Wii or Wii U in Nintendont. This product here:https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Wireless-Wii-Controller-Adapter/dp/B00E6553PW

However, do not have your Procube controller connected to the adapter as you enter whatever gamecube game you're looking to play. For whatever reason if you do, the game will freeze after a minute or so. The only confirmed working method I've seen of getting a Procube controller to work in Ninendont is by having that dongle set up on your vWii/Wii have a standard Wii U Pro controller connected to that when you start up your gamecube game. Then after the game has started, turn off the standard pro controller and connect the Procube Controller.

Hopefully a better solution comes about as it would really be great to easily get this controller working properly in Nintendont, considering how perfectly designed it is for that.

See i seen this but the thing i dont understand is if vwii can see it fine and even let me select things in the homemenu why cant we do the same if the procube and nintendont. Its runing in the the same software so i feel like there has to be a way.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See i seen this but the thing i dont understand is if vwii can see it fine and even let me select things in the homemenu why cant we do the same if the procube and nintendont. Its runing in the the same software so i feel like there has to be a way.

Its an issue with how Nintendont functions. It has been brought to the developer's attention, quite a while ago at that, but so far no solution has been found.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse