Hyperdimension Neptunia

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Cuelhu, Jan 14, 2011.

Jan 14, 2011

Hyperdimension Neptunia by Cuelhu at 10:14 PM (1,655 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Cuelhu
    OP

Member Cuelhu КУ!

Hyperdimension Neptunia's unique parody of the videogame industry is finally coming stateside soon! The game, a collaboration between NIS, Compile Heart, and Idea Factory, takes place in the world of Gamindustri where the evil Arfoire (R4 carts anyone?) unleashes a terrible evil to destroy everything. The four goddesses Green Heart (an Xbox 360), Black Heart (a PS3), White Heart (a Wii), and Purple Heart (a reference to the never-released Sega Neptune console) must band together to stop the evil menace.

So it's not the most original plot for an RPG, but it's not necessarily meant to be. After all, it's a parody of the industry, and within that a parody of the RPG genre in general. In addition to playing as videogame consoles, in Hyperdimension Neptunia players will also meet characters representing each of the studios that worked on the game: NIS, Compile Heart, and Idea Factory. Add in Sega's influence with characters from Alex Kidd, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, and Space Harrier, and Hyperdimension Neptunia is just overflowing with in-jokes and references.

Perhaps ironically given the game's cast, Hyperdimension Neptunia will release exclusively on the PS3 in February 2011.[/p]

[​IMG] Source

this idea looks fun but it should be released for every console, not only the PS3. Alex Kidd summon FTW. XD

PS: no, I don't like ecchi anime.

2. Zantheo

Member Zantheo GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    It just looks too... cheesy.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    FFFFF-

I likes me some golden axe, but I has no PS3.

4. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    This just in...

Black Heart exposed! Get a glimpse of this goddess in her most vunerable state as she is unable to prevent her soul from being forced wide open!...

...she should have been more careful with her access keys. [​IMG]

5. Empoleom

Member Empoleom GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    lol Segagaga 2, it has the same theme

6. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Ugh I can't stand how this game is mostly oversexualized anime robot girls. But I'm a sucker for Compile! Goddamn.

I like the video talks about dungeons getting bigger like it's some revolutionary new game feature.

7. ZeroTm

Member ZeroTm GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Those have got to be the most ridiculous looking characters ever. Nice idea, anyway.

8. denieru7

Member denieru7 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    That looks extremely perverted...

9. nasune

Member nasune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    You know, this actually looks like it can be quite a bit of fun. Any chance that there'll be an EU release?

Edit:
    Well I saw a march release on gamefaqs, so I'll just wait and see (both whether it's true and when the 3DS is coming out) if I'll get it at the release date.

10. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    February 8th release, I can't wait. Can't wait for Ar Tonelico 3 on March 15th as well.

Then there is Disgaea 4 coming in february 24th, it's coming stateside in the summer too.

NISA, Nippon Ichi, Compile Hearts, Idea Factory and Gust, all people involved in those kind of games rock.

11. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    um...cool lol

Look like something to play. Although confused how the pictures work.

12. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    The pictures feature looks stupid, it just flashes the picture and does an attack but its nice to see something come of it.
    Its better when the picture determines the attack and stats so hopefully they'll make it into a good element and not a useless move.

As for the PS3 exclusiveness and the fact it goes nuts about the game industry is rather ironic.
    Though I see only SEGA jumped in and allowed them to use resources.
    Don't expect a Mario summons or a Crash Bandicoot summons or any other iconic thing from back in the day besides SEGA's arcade stuff.
    Which is a bit of a let down, a game like this should be freeware really and skip all the copyright issues. xD

As for the little girls and ecchiness of it all, it kinda makes it a bit of a niche genre of a game more or less.

So pretty much, why the hell is it only for PS3?
    Only thing that'll happen is it gets pirated cause its an exclusive and perhaps hard to find at one point.

Still, the idea is fun and all, I wish it came at a better time or something. Now seems kinda late with all the legislation and legal persutes these days Which for a game like this means less content and more obscure parodies. :/

13. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    I like it [​IMG] It's released 2 days after my birthday :3

14. Cuelhu
    OP

Member Cuelhu КУ!

remember the picture feature, you can put anything you want to, anything [​IMG]

15. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    If I had a PS3, I would be all over this.