Status
Not open for further replies.

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for posting as this is in a way off topic.

This thread has seriously derailed and it's always at the top. It seriously needs locked by an administrator until there is an actual update on the release or at least a progress report from Hykem one of his team or from Sony USA.

Thanks for your consideration.
Please don't reply to this post.
Or any other off topic post.

If you are not posting about Hykems iosu find another thread.
If you have problems with tube has go somewhere else.
If your wondering if you should update. Probly not but your ass is gonna do whatever you want anyway
And this isn't the place to ask about it anyway
Always read the OP (original post)

Reactions: survive9

ShinLarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thanks to whomever changed the release date from "almost" back to "no"! Had me being mislead for like 3 weeks! Maybe I should Just kill myself already. I bet this development stuff is easy as shit and I can figure out on my own~! Smealum is such a fucking sellout and is literally wasting everyone's time!

Reactions: Deleted User

avinashlego

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stuff I hope the exploit will support: Usb loader and emulators for ps2, dreamcast, and 3ds(original xbox never had a proper pc emulator, wii u is just a pipe dream)

TinyRick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stuff I hope the exploit will support: Usb loader and emulators for ps2, dreamcast, and 3ds(original xbox never had a proper pc emulator, wii u is just a pipe dream)

... Are you really that dense? This exploit isn't some crazy software thing that magically can do everything you want it to and when released isn't going to magically create PS2 and 3DS emulators for it. Loadline works on 5.3.2 and this should allow it to run on 5.5.1 and allow us to have unrestricted access to the system...

Reactions: marduk666

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope Citra can be ported to the Wii U. I would love to play Pokemon X/Y/ORAS in high-res and we would finally get a metal gear solid game on a nintendo console(yes, yes, I know about twin snakes.)
Yeah I hope Xbone and ps4 gets ported to the wii u too

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thanks to whomever changed the release date from "almost" back to "no"! Had me being mislead for like 3 weeks! Maybe I should Just kill myself already. I bet this development stuff is easy as shit and I can figure out on my own~! Smealum is such a fucking sellout and is literally wasting everyone's time!
That's some weird / dark humor there buddy.

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In conclusion and in my personal opinion, forget about the Hack Exploit, if they released it !Amen!, but if they do not !Amen! too, is easier not to think about it and let the person or persons who may be doing something for all of us to leave them alone and finished well, end of the history.

AMEN!!! If you are on 5.3.2, stay there. Stay there for a long time until you can be sure any upgrade will be worth it and will have the same/more/better benefits than 5.3.2. If you are not, then just wait. When I got my Wii U in July of 2015, I knew firmware versions are important and that downgrading is not possible, so because I wanted to hack my Wii U in the future, I made sure it stayed off the internet and did not run any games that had newer firmware versions. Recently, I made sure I got the right version of Mario Party 10 and updated to 5.3.2. Now I can enjoy the benefits of hacks. I still am in awe that backups can be run from the SD card using Loadiine.

But, like this fellow stated perfectly, if it is released, then it is; if not, then it's not. There are options if you want 5.3.2, like ebay, etc.

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Then instead of spouting hot air on this thread, go and do what smealum did. Figure it out yourself if you are so "smart", document it, and release it to the community. These dev's are not being paid to do this and they have lives outside of pleasing your video game interests. They do this out of their own good will. be grateful that they even do it. One of the reason's why dev's hold of on documenting an exploit is because they know Nintendo has eyes everywhere, watching every move so they could release the next software update to patch exploits. If they release an exploit for 5.5.1, it'll be sure to be patched in the next system update. If they hold off, the exploit may be missed in subsequent system updates, making the exploit compatible with more than one version.

If you couldn't wait to stay on 5.3.2, then it's your own fault. I preordered Super Mario Maker and got it when it first came out. I waited until I knew a firmware version had a security hole, upgraded to 5.3.2, then played Super Mario Maker with Loadiine. It was worth the wait. I still can't play online, but the next hacks/exploits will be worth the wait. Or, you could just buy a console for normal play and keep one for hacking. I may do that.

But the point is, to those ungrateful jackwagons who get upset when they don't get what they want: if you don't like something, then change it. Figure out the next exploit. If you can't, be grateful to the people who do. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Reactions: Burdang

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
tbh i'm sure the mods leave these threads up as a containment cancer for all the gbatemp retards. this is no man's land and keeps idiots away from other threads

Reactions: BENETNATH

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a reason, other entry points exist on 5.5-- but the one that works on 5.5.1 is VERY stable (Success rate of about 90% for me). Sooo... nah not really a good reason?
Thx for that info! Are the ones working on 5.5 higher than 90%?
I honestly think Hykem and the other devs should take all the time they want to make something great for all of us! It's already generous enough to release it.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx for that info! Are the ones working on 5.5 higher than 90%?
I honestly think Hykem and the other devs should take all the time they want to make something great for all of us! It's already generous enough to release it.

The one that works on 5.5.1 also works on 5.5. The other ones are nowhere near as stable, so you would be using the 5.5.1 exploit anyway (most likely).

Reactions: Rob Blou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I feel like you wanted to make it something else but didn't want sickly slapping you