Status
Not open for further replies.

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This talk of predictions makes me think of what Clubber Lang said, which fits well with the current state of this thread:

Pain.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope that now that 5.5.1 is out, Hykem will give us the 5.5.0 exploit in the next day or so. Didn't he say that he'd release it once Nintendo released an update? I think I recall that somewhere awhile back ago

Reactions: Chuardo

Chainhunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, are people this entitled? Programming is hard, let alone hacking (the latter, I've never attempted by the way).

Why can't some posters understand that people owe you nothing, and they are doing this work in their free time... I've seen this on the 3DS forums, recently too. Just wait for some time, or ask how Hykem is doing. That's all that you can do. EDIT: Damn, just realised how few posts I've made in 7 years, lol. Am I now the master of lurking?

Last edited by Chainhunter,

Datadayne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
homebrewheaven.net
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, are people this entitled? Programming is hard, let alone hacking (the latter, I've never attempted by the way).

Why can't some posters understand that people owe you nothing, and they are doing this work in their free time... I've seen this on the 3DS forums, recently too. Just wait for some time, or ask how Hykem is doing. That's all that you can do. EDIT: Damn, just realised how few posts I've made in 7 years, lol. Am I now the master of lurking?

*Lurker high five*

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

They are desperate to get their precious piracy.

at this point, it's much easier to get a 5.3.2 WiiU.

loco365

Trophies
XP

The general bullshittery that is the mess in this thread probably drew you out of lurking :U That's what I'm really hating about this thread is that people think they're entitled to these kinds of things, and it really disappoints me to see this, because something that could be used for so much good is going to basically be going down the drain the moment that it's released.

And yes, I agree completely that programming is hard enough let alone hacking. I'm just playing around with a disassembly of a game and even that is no easy feat. These kinds of things take lots of time and people are just demanding that they have the exploit because fuck logic. Code as complex and low-level as this needs to be tested to the absolute max to ensure that people that even try fucking around with it don't end up with bricks in the end, because any faults in the code could be disastrous. Additionally, holding it back as long as possible ensures the most compatibility. I would rather wait for it to be blocked by accident down the road 5+ system menu revisions later than have that hole patched next week.

And I'll be honest. If it were me in Hykem's shoes, I wouldn't want to release this just because of what I've seen in this thread with people acting like they're deserving of this. All that will probably result of it is piracy. While that's nice and all, I'm more for expanding the abilities of a console beyond what it was designed to do initially. Unfortunately, I don't share the same perspective as a lot of other people here seem to have.

Last edited by loco365,

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I used to have a respectable post count under a hundred, no custom avatar, life was good. But then someone told me if I spammed over a hundred I would get to change my user title thing.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember everyones views on piracy do not belong in this thread.
Whining and bitching back in forth about who "deserves" the exploit is what this thread is for. So stay on topic!!

Please kindly take your piracy views over to this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-piracy-discussion.382091/

Last edited by codychaosx,
Reactions: Pioneer2k7

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are desperate to get their precious piracy.

at this point, it's much easier to get a 5.3.2 WiiU.

What piracy? Derp. Wiiu games are down to $10-15 ISO's are not particularly available by scene standards and if someone wanted to just pirate games they would of spent $50 more and got a PS4.

Getting a premium file account, hard drive, SD together costs more than the handful of WiiU games that would be worth pirating.

I like a small console footprint with emu & Jukebox layout and hopefully some media homebrew, stop trolling.

It's not like we haven't all been waiting patiently for 5.5 exploit for a long time while it's been kept private, then told probably on Xmas. Damn this vibrant active community with interest in a update.

If Devs aren't interested in the community they can sit on IRC and keep their hacks to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk