Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know why poeple want so bad to keep the console connected to the internet 24/7.
You can't even play online with Loadiine...

I'm more concerned with the fact that all the access point exploits are in the webkit, which means you literally CAN'T use them without connecting to a network.

While some of us are capable of fucking with our routers to block stuff or setting up ad-hoc networks to access locally hosted exploits, not everyone has that luxury. Some people don't have access to the config page of their router to block urls. Not everyone has access to the hardware needed to set up a localized ad-hoc network.

In these cases it is important to be able to access the internet and NOT have the update download in the background.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more concerned with the fact that all the access point exploits are in the webkit, which means you literally CAN'T use them without connecting to a network.

That's what I was trying to say in another message... you can just host the exploit locally and put a fake DNS. You won't have internet but you can access your local network.

And it only requires a webserver. Any computer or phone will do it.

Last edited by deinonychus71,

CloudLionHeart

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't even know why poeple want so bad to keep the console connected to the internet 24/7.
You can't even play online with Loadiine...
I agree with u.
To get games via e-shop is pointless since you have loadiine.
I see that people are always demanding for new features to have everything for free.
In my life i am always satified with the things i have currently and patientice to wait to get benefit from work other clever people do. :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

While some of us are capable of fucking with our routers to block stuff or setting up ad-hoc networks to access locally hosted exploits, not everyone has that luxury. Some people don't have access to the config page of their router to block urls. Not everyone has access to the hardware needed to set up a localized ad-hoc network.

In these cases it is important to be able to access the internet and NOT have the update download in the background.

You don't need any special equipment that a spare router (Can get a free one from your internet provider every year or telling your is damaged), or even buy one for 15-20 euro and host locally.
And here is always the android phone option which is tottaly free.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I was trying to say in another message... you can just host the exploit locally and put a fake DNS. You won't have internet but you can access your local network.

And it only requires a webserver. Any computer or phone will do it.

Again, that is not something that everyone has the luxury of. Not everyone has a spare computer they can set up as a webserver, or a phone for the same. I certainly don't.

I agree with u.
I see that people are always demanding for new features to have everything for free.
In my life i am always satified with the things i have currently and patientice to wait to get benefit from work other clever people do. :D

You do realize that not everyone is after a kexploit for loadliine right? While I am not above pirating a game or three, I tend to actually buy the shit I like to support the developers and the console, and at the end of the day if I bought the damn thing I would very much like to have access to it the normal way.

You don't need any special equipment that a spare router (Can get a free one from your internet provider every year or telling your is damaged), or even buy one for 15-20 euro and host locally.
And here is always the android phone option which is tottaly free.

Not every ISP provides "routers". In the only ones that do in the US are cable companies, and if you are unfortunate enough to live somewhere without cable...

And the android phone option is far from "free". For one thing you need a damn phone. I certainly am not about to do it with the one I keep in my pocket since I am not always home and I am not the only one that uses the console.

Reactions: CloudLionHeart

CloudLionHeart

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Again, that is not something that everyone has the luxury of. Not everyone has a spare computer they can set up as a webserver, or a phone for the same. I certainly don't.

You do realize that not everyone is after a kexploit for loadliine right? While I am not above pirating a game or three, I tend to actually buy the shit I like to support the developers and the console, and at the end of the day if I bought the damn thing I would very much like to have access to it the normal way.

If not kexploit and loadiine why do you want to stay on lower firmware? Or even have an exploit since you u use it like a normal console?

Merzeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with u.

Some people buy legitimate things because we can afford to. Not every decision I make about my console is driven by piracy. Some people are interested in additional functionality.

Reactions: Aroth

CloudLionHeart

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Some people buy legitimate things because we can afford to. Not every decision I make about my console is driven by piracy. Some people are interested in additional functionality.

Like?
P.S. I am not into piracy too i tent to buy games as long as i have money.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Not every ISP provides "routers". In the only ones that do in the US are cable companies, and if you are unfortunate enough to live somewhere without cable...

And the android phone option is far from "free". For one thing you need a damn phone. I certainly am not about to do it with the one I keep in my pocket since I am not always home and I am not the only one that uses the console.
People are trying to help you and all you're showing is disrespect. If you can't use a spare phone or whatever then Kexploit is not for you. A spare smartphone is like 50 dollars or even less and if you don't want to spend that or use any other method then that's your problem. So stop complaining.

Last edited by kumikochan,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If not kexploit and loadiine why do you want to stay on lower firmware? Or even have an exploit since you u use it like a normal console?

kexploit is not synonymous with loadiine for some of us.

I want a kexploit for things like tcpgecko and modding. Will I use loadiine? Probably. Would I care if somehow it never materialize on 5.5+? Only of I can't actually buy games from the eshop anymore.

People are trying to help you and all you're showing is disrespect. If you can't use a spare phone or whatever then Kexploit is not for you. A spare smartphone is like 50 dollars or even less and if you don't want to spend that or use any other method then that's your problem. So stop complaining.

So I am somehow rude or disrespectful because I come from a time when it wasn't expected for people to spend $50+ to hack their console.

Oh how far we have come.

It should not be a "requirement" by any means that people should have to spend extra money to use a kernel exploit. But since you have $$$ flowing from your wallet then fucking GREAT for you.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You're not special. People who play pirate games buy oficial products too.
There's no middle ground. You either play by the developer's rules and embrace DRM or you're a pirate.

Reactions: JFalcon

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

I want a kexploit for things like tcpgecko and modding. Will I use loadiine? Probably. Would I care if somehow it never materialize on 5.5+? Only of I can't actually buy games from the eshop anymore.

So I am somehow rude or disrespectful because I come from a time when it wasn't expected for people to spend $50+ to hack their console.

Oh how far we have come.

It should not be a "requirement" by any means that people should have to spend extra money to use a kernel exploit. But since you have $$$ flowing from your wallet then fucking GREAT for you.
you know what people do if they don't have money to buy shit ? They sell their old shit so that they have money to buy their new shit they want. It's that simple ;)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not special. People who play pirate games buy oficial products too.
There's no middle ground. You either play by the developer's rules and embrace DRM or you're a pirate.

That's bullshit. And that mentality is part of the problem with hacking scenes today.

Just because you want to have full control of your console that you paid for does not mean you are a pirate. There are plenty of people who want rom editing capabilities but couldn't care less about having free games

Merzeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like?
P.S. I am not into piracy too i tent to buy games as long as i have money.

When smarter people than I make OS SDKs, I can dabble with attempting to make something. The potential of using it as a media device. The options of unsigned code being ran, so emulators and such, so I'm not tethered to whatever device I want to play. Not to mention, I feel the system has something truly untapped, the tablet. I think the potential for cool stuff to be done on it is fairly large. I'm not sure where the limit is, but I wanna see if people will exploit the resource for what it is.

Reactions: Aroth

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know what people do if they don't have money to buy shit ? They sell their old shit so that they have money to buy their new shit they want. It's that simple ;)

Says the person who's signature implies they haven't sold their old shit before.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Says the person who's signature implies they haven't sold their old shit before.
Unlike you if i want something i save for it. It doesn't matter to me if i have it right away or in 10 years or so. Life doesn't throw everything you want in your lap with no hassle at all. So stop being disrespectful and stop complaining. Like i said if you want something then you should work for it or sell shit or whatever or wait till you have the money. If you don't " well that's your problem'' So stop complaining and begging for help you're neglecting.

Reactions: CloudLionHeart

CloudLionHeart

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Oh how far we have come.

LOL try to be gratefull to people who work in their free time to have your modding.
And by the way you can get used phones for 20Euro or less.
P.S. I get a montly salary 400 Euro for 8 hours per day so "No money runs from my pocket".
P.S.2 I am a programmer so i know the difficulties to make hack and progs possible (A plus is the avoidance of damaging your console).

Last edited by CloudLionHeart,
Reactions: kumikochan

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlike you if i want something i save for it. It doesn't matter to me if i have it right away or in 10 years or so. Life doesn't throw everything you want in your lap with no hassle at all. So stop being disrespectful and stop complaining. Like i said if you want something then you should work for it or sell shit or whatever or wait till you have the money. If you don't " well that's your problem'' So stop complaining and begging for help you're neglecting.

I still fail to see how my questioning the mentality that we have to have additional hardware or fancy configurations to block updates. This whole thing started because I did exactly what was described in several "tutorials" in regards to TubeHax dns and it did not block the update for me.

Never once have I said anything along the lines of "well thats your problem". In fact that is effectively what was said to me by you and several others when I expressed discontent with the idea of blocking access to basic features of several of my devices (as well as another persons) in an attempt to stop a single device from updating.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's bullshit. And that mentality is part of the problem with hacking scenes today.

Just because you want to have full control of your console that you paid for does not mean you are a pirate. There are plenty of people who want rom editing capabilities but couldn't care less about having free games
It doesn't matter if you pirate 1 game or 100 games. You're violating the EULA.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL try to be gratefull to people who work in their free time to have your modding.
And by the way you can get used phones for 20Euro or less.
P.S. I get a montly salary 400 Euro for 8 hours per day so "No money runs from my pocket".
P.S.2 I am a programmer so i know the difficulties to make hcak and progs possible (A plus is the avoidance of damaging your console).
The money runs from your wallet comment was not directed at you lol.

And phones are not as easy to come by where I am so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol