Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
First time being here in days, dont worry guys, just distract yourselves with something

Revenant coming out, room coming out, new league champ select

NA LCS, eu lcs, Star wars 7 out atm, theres so much stuff

Forget hykems update, i can hold out for a while, this is a good year

Watched inside out yesterday great movie :D

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna try to clear things aout a bit again since people are just repeating things over and over again.
This has been repeated hundreds of times, and it's unproductive if you guys keep bringing it up. If you really want the scene to move and encourage the devs to get their exploits released asap, go develope stuff or find developpers who can make stuff. Right now we have a public userland exploit up to the latest firmware !! With this userland exploit it's alreayd possible to port emulators, we already have access to graphics and audio with it. If you spend more time contributing to the scene instead of complaining, devs will be more encouraged to release what they have sooner and much more stable.
a simple nes emulator cluster size is a problem for porting with the userland exploit
how can there be any development when everything is locked?
we need the keys to open the doors

Reactions: Subtle Demise

josh87402

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm gonna try to clear things aout a bit again since people are just repeating things over and over again.

Hykem said this is the only month he would have free time, so this is the only month he can work/maintain his exploit, so from now until February, the only reason a release isn't happened is because he's working on it, making things to avoid bricking ur Wii U, making it easy to use... whatever, the idea is he's the developper he knows best when it's ready for release.

Now about the other private exploit that is being held by MN1.
He was more than reasonable to give clear conditions to when to release :

- There's a big demand for it by the homebrew community -> a lot of people having very clear use/plans for it.
- If it's patched : if a new update comes out and patches it, MN1 will not keep it hidden.
- Availablity of a secondary exploit
- The devs are working on a spoofing/emuNAND solution. if that's done, they will release the exploit.

Now for those saying big demande is already there since we are all whining and asking for it, that's not what the condition meant, what MN1 means by big demand he was talking about developpers who can make homebrew/tools with it, so far it is not the case, any developper who can make tools and homebrew for Wii U either has access already to private exploits or has a Wii U on 5.3.2

About the patching, people think well we can just block all updates and we don't care if nintendo patchs the exploit or not. That's not the reason it's not released. You should know that these userspace/kernel exploits devs use them to figure out more access to the system, so that's why they always need them so for example if a new feature is added in an update, they can at least still access the system with those. and here is where the hird condition comes, when they have a second exploit, which is the case why Hykem didn't mind releasing his exploit even if it wasn't patched yet. The other condition also applies for this, which is EmuNAND. With EmuNAND we won't be worried if nintendo patches anymore.

This has been repeated hundreds of times, and it's unproductive if you guys keep bringing it up. If you really want the scene to move and encourage the devs to get their exploits released asap, go develope stuff or find developpers who can make stuff. Right now we have a public userland exploit up to the latest firmware !! With this userland exploit it's alreayd possible to port emulators, we already have access to graphics and audio with it. If you spend more time contributing to the scene instead of complaining, devs will be more encouraged to release what they have sooner and much more stable.
Thanks for clarifying all of this stuff, this was needed from the start, I hope it stops anyone from posting "loadline works wiht .55.0 yet guys?" on this thread.

Reactions: oumoumad and ant888

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
a simple nes emulator cluster size is a problem for porting with the userland exploit
how can there be any development when everything is locked?
we need the keys to open the doors
With the elf loader, porting a nes/snes emulator is possible, NMWplayer already confirmed that, it's just no one stood up to do the work :)

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and depending on my decision, it could be released before too long.
oooo!!!
moist_o_526677.jpg

monito uchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Hykem said this is the only month he would have free time, so this is the only month he can work/maintain his exploit, so from now until February, the only reason a release isn't happened is because he's working on it, making things to avoid bricking ur Wii U, making it easy to use... whatever, the idea is he's the developper he knows best when it's ready for release.

Now about the other private exploit that is being held by MN1.
He was more than reasonable to give clear conditions to when to release :

- There's a big demand for it by the homebrew community -> a lot of people having very clear use/plans for it.
- If it's patched : if a new update comes out and patches it, MN1 will not keep it hidden.
- Availablity of a secondary exploit
- The devs are working on a spoofing/emuNAND solution. if that's done, they will release the exploit.

Now for those saying big demande is already there since we are all whining and asking for it, that's not what the condition meant, what MN1 means by big demand he was talking about developpers who can make homebrew/tools with it, so far it is not the case, any developper who can make tools and homebrew for Wii U either has access already to private exploits or has a Wii U on 5.3.2

About the patching, people think well we can just block all updates and we don't care if nintendo patchs the exploit or not. That's not the reason it's not released. You should know that these userspace/kernel exploits devs use them to figure out more access to the system, so that's why they always need them so for example if a new feature is added in an update, they can at least still access the system with those. and here is where the hird condition comes, when they have a second exploit, which is the case why Hykem didn't mind releasing his exploit even if it wasn't patched yet. The other condition also applies for this, which is EmuNAND. With EmuNAND we won't be worried if nintendo patches anymore.

This has been repeated hundreds of times, and it's unproductive if you guys keep bringing it up. If you really want the scene to move and encourage the devs to get their exploits released asap, godevelope stuff or find developpers who can make stuff. Right now we have a public userland exploit up to the latest firmware !! With this userland exploit it's alreayd possible to port emulators, we already have access to graphics and audio with it. If you spend more time contributing to the scene instead of complaining, devs will be more encouraged to release what they have sooner and much more stable. :)
We need to copy this message in every page of this thread ;)

Last edited by monito uchiha,

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guys if you want piracy, just wait for CEMU, it will probably be faster LOOL :PP

"Must go faster" with Ian's voice (jurassic park).

skystealer

Muah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little concerned. A friend of mine's Wii U console with the tubehax DNS configured just updated from 5.5.0 to 5.5.1 on its own. Even after the update, his DNS settings on his only set connection read 107.211.140.065. Why did his console just slip by and update?

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm a little concerned. A friend of mine's Wii U console with the tubehax DNS configured just updated from 5.5.0 to 5.5.1 on its own. Even after the update, his DNS settings on his only set connection read 107.211.140.065. Why did his console just slip by and update?
Disable standby mode, that should help.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes. This is why I plan on hosting my own server with an old android phone :P

Superbossboo

The Regular
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
He has both primary and secondary DNS as the tubehax one?

skystealer

Muah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, as a bit of a follow up. Even with the DNS set up, apparently he can still access the eShop and everything. I'm genuinely puzzled here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password