Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
jo. I think that release a 5.5.0 its more important that release a 5.4.0 because 540 users can update to 550 but 550 users cant downgrade to 540...
nope, for now that release is more useful for 5.4.0 since 5.4.0 still has a public kernel exploit while 5.5.0 doesn't ;).

Droyd

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fuck me, I auto updated to 5.5.1, am I done for? now? I just recently bought my Wii U so I probably won't even use any exploits at this time lol.
We still don't know which entry point hykem used for his exploit, so there is still hope.
PS: use tubehax dns you never know

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
5.5.1 is new. There's been no definitive answer as to what exploits do and don't work 5.5.1 to my knowledge. Maybe Hykem's IOSU exploit won't work on it and we don't know that since he hasn't said a word. Of course people are going to ask about 5.5.1 when there's barely any info on it.

Reactions: celolzitos

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
5.5.1 is new. There's been no definitive answer as to what exploits do and don't work 5.5.1 to my knowledge. Maybe Hykem's IOSU exploit won't work on it and we don't know that since he hasn't said a word. Of course people are going to ask about 5.5.1 when there's barely any info on it.
Our only option for now is to wait and hope for an IOSU explot for 5.5.1 and up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

welcome welcome then the first what you do
unhurriedly read this
http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/
before you spam the thread with bs thx :D
Guess what! I already read that shit. I only said I haven't created an account yet. >.>

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
welcome welcome then the first what you do
unhurriedly read this
http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/
before you spam the thread with bs thx :D

01/11/16: New FW update released by Nintendo! Web Browser patch; seems suspicious. Devs looking into it to see if it patches private exploits.

"Devs looking into it to see if it patches private exploits." aka, we don't know yet. His question was valid. Chill.

Joe N Tendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fuck me, I auto updated to 5.5.1, am I done for? now? I just recently bought my Wii U so I probably won't even use any exploits at this time lol.

I wouldn't sweat it, I am convinced these alleged exploits are just elaborate trolls to generate ad-clicks and if they do exist they aren't going to release them.

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
"Devs looking into it to see if it patches private exploits." aka, we don't know yet. His question was valid. Chill.

One of our people updated and tested, and the MP4 which used to exploit the browser now gets an "Invalid" message. That means it was patched.

Also since only the browser was updated the ISOU exploit hykem is working on can't even be fixed.

Last edited by crediar,

Fjar

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Please, don't start to guess about if IOSU Exploit was patched in 5.5.1 update because Hykem doesn't say anything about that. Don't turn this thread into crap

Last edited by Fjar,
Reactions: Pioneer2k7

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes you're fucked. You could maybe return it and get a new one which will most likely have 5.5.0 or lower (and then set tubehax DNS before you connect to the internet to prevent it from happening again)

Reactions: AboodXD

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wait because we dont know if hykem entry pointless is fixed too
It was just a matter of time before this exploit was published. The Stagefright issue was widely publicized and tons of PoCs were published as well:
http://googleprojectzero.blogspot.pt/2015/09/stagefrightened.html
https://blog.zimperium.com/stagefright-vulnerability-details-stagefright-detector-tool-released/

Anyway, yes, our 5.4.0/5.5.0 userland exploit is based on one of the Stagefright bugs, so, what yellows8 mentioned is accurate.

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wonder if its taking so long cause its the same userland exploit that was just released today but seems was not really working i heard 99% fail rate :o.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2