Hwfly Oled randomly boots OFW

Hwfly

Bukaz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi, I installed hwfly oled v3, soldering is perfect. But I randomly have a bug: when I turn on or rebooting console, the mod chip is glitching a little but then OFW is straight loading without Hekate.
This happens in 30-50% of starting/ rebooting system.
I've reset the mod chip, changed cables, nothing is helping.
System is 14.1.1, still no luck after update to 14.1.2
Dat0 is permanently soldered

Last edited by Bukaz,

estm13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, I installed hwfly oled v3, soldering is perfect. But I randomly have a bug: when I turn on or rebooting console, the mod chip is glitching a little but then OFW is straight loading without Hekate.
hi, my oled also have this problem last night blinking purple led then load to ofw without to hekate

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's completely normal afaik. I had a v3 unflashable chip before and out of 5-10 cold boots, the chip would act up and fail to glitch the soc (purple led stops pulsing and freezes, then turns off, console boots straight to ofw). Next boot takes a long time as if the chip is re-training itself, but consequent boots are much faster, till the chip freezes again. Sometimes it will also show the no sd error screen, although i never touched sd card. I measured every single soldering point and there's no contact issue. I also reflowed the emmc chip to make sure it's not a dat0 adapter problem.

I eventually gave up and sold that console, and switched to v4 flashable version. I don't think there's anything wrong with your installation, just the chip being unstable. If it bugs you so much you can consider switching to v4 chip. Btw the soc qsb flex cable comes with v3 isn't compatible with v4, if you decide to switch to v4, be very careful when desoldering the flex cable as you can easily damage those 2 smd capacitors.

malgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
That's completely normal afaik. I had a v3 unflashable chip before and out of 5-10 cold boots, the chip would act up and fail to glitch the soc (purple led stops pulsing and freezes, then turns off, console boots straight to ofw). Next boot takes a long time as if the chip is re-training itself, but consequent boots are much faster, till the chip freezes again. Sometimes it will also show the no sd error screen, although i never touched sd card. I measured every single soldering point and there's no contact issue. I also reflowed the emmc chip to make sure it's not a dat0 adapter problem.

I eventually gave up and sold that console, and switched to v4 flashable version. I don't think there's anything wrong with your installation, just the chip being unstable. If it bugs you so much you can consider switching to v4 chip. Btw the soc qsb flex cable comes with v3 isn't compatible with v4, if you decide to switch to v4, be very careful when desoldering the flex cable as you can easily damage those 2 smd capacitors.
yes, maybe the hwfly v4 flashable modchip is the final solution

malgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hi frenz, i,m follow the de9ed suggested jig guide it really worked for our hwfly oled unflashable chip.
1. confirm off your switch oled
2. insert jig
3. press + volume and follow by on button, at this moment dont left + button until u see red light.
4. press power button 15 seconds
5. on your switch... u will see green light agian and boot to hekate..!!!

Last edited by malgamer,
Reactions: de9ed

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi frenz, i,m follow the de9ed suggested jig guide it really worked for our hwfly oled unflashable chip.
1. confirm off your switch oled
2. insert jig
3. press + volume and follow by on button, at this moment dont left + button until u see red light.
4. press power button 15 seconds
5. on your switch... u will see green light agian and boot to hekate..!!!
that only resets the chip, I've tried that multiple times and it doesn't improve the stability in any way. Reboot like 5-10 times the chip will get stuck at purple led again. Also when the chip gets stuck it will reset itself, since the next cold boot takes about half minute.

malgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hi let try latest hekate and nyx, this latest update make hwfly unflashable more stable

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 74

malgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
that only resets the chip, I've tried that multiple times and it doesn't improve the stability in any way. Reboot like 5-10 times the chip will get stuck at purple led again. Also when the chip gets stuck it will reset itself, since the next cold boot takes about half minute.
your are right,after i change to hwfly oled v4 modchip i can boot to hekate immediately everytime i reboot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat