Hacking Homebrew Hwfly mod chip not updating

Sheeba-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a mod chip installed in my oled switch and no firmware is flashed on it. The guy that installed my mod chip said that I had to “program” the mod chip and I have searched up and came to the conclusion that I need the hwfly-toolbox and update the mod chip from my computer. Do I need the switch plugged in when I’m updating the firmware? When I don’t have it plugged into a computer and plugged into a outlet it flashes green. When I have it plugged in with the adapter and it isn’t plugged into a outlet it is a solid purple. How do I update the mod chip or put firmware on it?

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got scammed.

There's no such thing as "there's no firmware on it", every single chip comes with hwfly's stock firmware (some may come with the custom firmware on github). So it should at least boot to the "no sd" or "no bin" screen if you don't have a sd card installed or don't have the payload on it. Based on your description (solid purple, flashing green) sounds like your modder didn't even install the chip properly. My advice is you take it back and ask him to do his job properly, at least let him show you the console booting to the no sd/no bin screen.

To flash the chip you need to connect it to your computer with the usb port that comes with the chip, like this:
1666120707001.png

Then download the firmware from github:
https://github.com/hwfly-nx/firmware/releases
run the bat file and that's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad: