Hacking Hardware HWFLY blue light, screen did turn on, but now won't.

theimpatientsamurai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! just had a quick question about the HWFLY installs.
I just attempted my first one, and when plugging it in, I reset it like in sthetix's video on it using a magnet, the modchip lit blue, and screen turned on normally. I turned it off, and it started training. It trained for 3 hours straight and nothing happened.

I disconnected the battery while it was still training since it wouldn't stop with even holding the power for a while, and checked my points. Found out the data0 point had popped off, along with the pad.

I took the adaptor out and put a new one in, and it read .4 ohms, just like the first one. Tried restarting the switch to blue, and no screen, but the chip shined blue. I even tried assembling it alltogether, and plugging it into the TV, and nothing.

I disassembled it all again, all points are good. I tried taking the data0 adapter out again and this time reflowing with a rework station onto the adapter itself, turned it on, and still nothing on-screen.

The switch modchip can still shine blue and still attempt to train, but it goes forever with yellow pulses, never green, and never ends. I even tried swapping that chip out for another and it still did the same thing.

I looked on the forum and haven't seen any problem like this one, usually if it's a board issue, the screen pops up pink, but all I changed is the emmc data0 point and the issues started from there. Is my emmc chip busted, is there anything you think I can do, or is my switch toast?

Thank you in advance for every and any piece of advice you can give, it's highly, highly appreciated!

theimpatientsamurai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
show your solder work, test if pc can detect it as rcm (if yes, you botched the emmc)
Thank you for the reply!
Small update: I tried turning it on after charging it for an hour, using the reed switch (reset to blue light) and the nintendo logo showed up, then it shut off shortly after. I was able to do this twice, but I'm now unable to do so. Even after charging it all night it still won't turn on. So screen works, it just either isn't able to boot, or isn't able to hold a charge.

HWFLY chip has worked throughout this however, just the switch itself is having issues.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with battery or not, but it's reading 4.0V, which should be normal. I can check cap values as well, just not sure what they're supposed to be. Will post pics very soon of solder job.

Oh, I also put in a Jig to test RCM, and computer isn't showing anything. I have a V1 so I know how to do RCM and everything, and it doesn't detect only the OLED.
Post automatically merged:

Thank you for the reply!
Small update: I tried turning it on after charging it for an hour, using the reed switch (reset to blue light) and the nintendo logo showed up, then it shut off shortly after. I was able to do this twice, but I'm now unable to do so. Even after charging it all night it still won't turn on. So screen works, it just either isn't able to boot, or isn't able to hold a charge.

HWFLY chip has worked throughout this however, just the switch itself is having issues.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with battery or not, but it's reading 4.0V, which should be normal. I can check cap values as well, just not sure what they're supposed to be. Will post pics very soon of solder job.

Oh, I also put in a Jig to test RCM, and computer isn't showing anything. I have a V1 so I know how to do RCM and everything, and it doesn't detect only the OLED.
Thank you for the reply!

BIG PROGRESS UPDATE:

I'm using the flex cable, and I resoldered the GND point and 3.3v point, since those made the most sense to fiddle with, and it boots to NINTENDO logo, then NINTENDO SWITCH, but doesn't go past there, just sits there with the switch icon on-screen. I will still post solder job when I get a chance (prob tonight)

Last edited by theimpatientsamurai,

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Thank you for the reply!

Post automatically merged:

BIG PROGRESS UPDATE:

I'm using the flex cable, and I resoldered the GND point and 3.3v point, since those made the most sense to fiddle with, and it boots to NINTENDO logo, then NINTENDO SWITCH, but doesn't go past there, just sits there with the switch icon on-screen. I will still post solder job when I get a chance (prob tonight)
you don't need a jig to test if it's in rcm mode, switch will kick to rcm mode, be it oled, lite or v2, if there's a problem in the emmc since the theory was you have botched the emmc installing your dat0

you should show your work so we can check, perhaps your reed is faulty or it is being triggered, i would remove it and see if your situation does improve.

check your cmd point value, plenty of DIY-ers kill that resistor

Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1