OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8371a968ae65c6ee36bb96a.jpg

45843874.jpg

Seven seriously badass games, plus a prototype. The Humble Weekly Sale features a new deal every Thursday. Be sure to jump on this amazing offer before it’s gone! This week, pay what you want for Serious Sam HD : The First Encounter, Serious Sam HD : The Second Encounter, Serious Sam: The Random Encounter, Serious Sam Double D, Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack!, and Serious Sam Public Test 2. If you pay more than the average, you’ll also get Serious Sam 3: BFE Deluxe Edition and Serious Sam 2!
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

If all these great bundles keep appearing I will be broke soon :O

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know what's more noticeable...that there are this many Serious Sam games (I thought it was just the first and second encounter, SS2 and 3...guess I was wrong), that you GET this many for this low price...

...or that my paypal account is just a few cents short of beating the average. :unsure:

(as such, it'll take a few days before it has some extra cash...I hope the average doesn't grow tenfold or something).

@Joe88: if they'll keep coming once a week at this price...I think you'll need to find a better job if you manage to go broke on it. :P

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'll try to resist.... I never gave these games a shot to be honest, but at the moment I really don't need more than LoL and the occasional BF3.
I'll pass I think, sweet deal though

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't have enough summers in my life to pay for all of the games I've purchased.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone succinctly explain why I should play this series? I've heard of it, but never once tried it.

What if the crazy doom era games, which in turn were modelled after cheesy 80's action films, were made using more modern engines and actually managed to just about stick the landing?
You have a small handful of alternatives now but the serious sam series was one of the few things to keep the torch burning.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's basically fighting ENORMOUS HORDES of monsters. This isn't cover based shooting or any of that realism stuff...you're all alone against dozens of enemies at the same time. Usually in large, open areas. Just pull up a few youtube videos and you'll see. There's also something to be said for the cannon. Sure, most shooters have some gimmicky overpowered gun in their arsenal. But I haven't yet found one that literally puts a hole in enemy lines (and that's even more gratifying than it sounds).
You really shouldn't get this for deep insight or storyline. Sam is basically Duke Nukem in the desert, so it's either love or hate on that front.

I haven't played all the games (yet), but it would surprise me if one of those games was radically different. So if you don't like one of those, it's not like anything else in the package will be to your liking (and to be fair: I guess I'll be fed up with it by the time I finish even half of those games)...but you really can't beat this price. And mindless fun still has the word "fun" in it. :D

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, they're more like a First Person Shoot 'em up than a First Person Shooter.
What? Games like that were always called First Person Shooters. It's just that the accents kinda shifted slowly from actually shooting to hiding behind chest high walls, but if anything, those are less "First Person Shooters" than the actual game (spunkgargleweewee, anyone?).

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What? Games like that were always called First Person Shooters. It's just that the accents kinda shifted slowly from actually shooting to hiding behind chest high walls, but if anything, those are less "First Person Shooters" than the actual game (spunkgargleweewee, anyone?).
What I meant was that even though Serious Sam is a FPS, in gameplay terms it has more in common with an old-school shoot 'em up than a standard modern FPS. It's all about killing wave after wave of enemies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1