Humble Weekly Sale - Serious Sam

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Joe88, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Joe88
    OP

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

If all these great bundles keep appearing I will be broke soon :O

2. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I don't know what's more noticeable...that there are this many Serious Sam games (I thought it was just the first and second encounter, SS2 and 3...guess I was wrong), that you GET this many for this low price...

...or that my paypal account is just a few cents short of beating the average. :unsure:

(as such, it'll take a few days before it has some extra cash...I hope the average doesn't grow tenfold or something).

@Joe88: if they'll keep coming once a week at this price...I think you'll need to find a better job if you manage to go broke on it. :P

3. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    I'll try to resist.... I never gave these games a shot to be honest, but at the moment I really don't need more than LoL and the occasional BF3.
    I'll pass I think, sweet deal though

4. rehevkor

rehevkor GBAtemp Fan

Feb 21, 2011
    Bought.. god damnit, my Steam list if filling up with games I may never play :/

5. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    Individually these games cost around £74 on Steam. I paid £2.55. BARGAIN!

nukeboy95 likes this.
  6. Attila13

Attila13 Praise the Creep!

Oct 11, 2010
    Romania
    Zalau,Romania
    This is why I like Humble Bundles! :wub:

7. Zetta_x

Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    I won't have enough summers in my life to pay for all of the games I've purchased.

8. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Wow, that's an amazing deal. If it wasn't from Humble Bundle, I'd suspect that it was a Serious Scam!

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Taleweaver, Satangel and 324atk like this.
  9. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    I'll pass on this one, I don't think I'll ever will play them. Good deal though.

10. TehSkull

TehSkull Living the life

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    Can anyone succinctly explain why I should play this series? I've heard of it, but never once tried it.

11. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    What if the crazy doom era games, which in turn were modelled after cheesy 80's action films, were made using more modern engines and actually managed to just about stick the landing?
    You have a small handful of alternatives now but the serious sam series was one of the few things to keep the torch burning.

12. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    Because it currently costs less than $5? And because it's total mindless fun.

13. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    It's basically fighting ENORMOUS HORDES of monsters. This isn't cover based shooting or any of that realism stuff...you're all alone against dozens of enemies at the same time. Usually in large, open areas. Just pull up a few youtube videos and you'll see. There's also something to be said for the cannon. Sure, most shooters have some gimmicky overpowered gun in their arsenal. But I haven't yet found one that literally puts a hole in enemy lines (and that's even more gratifying than it sounds).
    You really shouldn't get this for deep insight or storyline. Sam is basically Duke Nukem in the desert, so it's either love or hate on that front.

I haven't played all the games (yet), but it would surprise me if one of those games was radically different. So if you don't like one of those, it's not like anything else in the package will be to your liking (and to be fair: I guess I'll be fed up with it by the time I finish even half of those games)...but you really can't beat this price. And mindless fun still has the word "fun" in it. :D

14. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    Yeah, they're more like a First Person Shoot 'em up than a First Person Shooter.

15. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    What? Games like that were always called First Person Shooters. It's just that the accents kinda shifted slowly from actually shooting to hiding behind chest high walls, but if anything, those are less "First Person Shooters" than the actual game (spunkgargleweewee, anyone?).

16. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    What I meant was that even though Serious Sam is a FPS, in gameplay terms it has more in common with an old-school shoot 'em up than a standard modern FPS. It's all about killing wave after wave of enemies.