Humble to permanently remove all Linux and Mac versions of games from Humble Trove

Humble Bundle logo 2.png

As Humble changes how its Choice bundles work, there's going to be a certain adverse effect for customers. Having notably offered Linux and Mac versions of games since even its very first Humble Indie Bundle, the cross-platform offerings will be limited going forward, at least, when it comes to Humble Trove.

Humble Trove is a perk given to Humble Choice subscribers, and comes with over 70 DRM-free titles for players to access. Usually, these games, if they have a Linux or Mac version available, will be included as an option. However, starting on February 1, as Humble moves to its new launcher, all non-Windows DRM-free versions of games offered through Humble Trove will no longer be available to download.

Humble has notified users by telling them they have a limited time to grab the Linux and Mac versions of any games in the Humble Trove, before they lose access for good. Meanwhile, the Windows versions of the DRM-free games will still be available, through the new Humble launcher as part of the Humble Games Collection, which appears to exist as a replacement to Trove, and will be an app exclusive to Windows.

:arrow: Source

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Linux I can see, but Mac OS? Who TF buys a Mac to exclusively game with? Save money and get a real gaming PC to install Linux on it.
The average person wants one device to do everything, and if they prefer Mac for whatever reason they'd probably also want to do other things on it, too. If someone wants it explicitly for music creation they'd still appreciate being able to play games on it from time to time, too.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The average person wants one device to do everything, and if they prefer Mac for whatever reason they'd probably also want to do other things on it, too. If someone wants it explicitly for music creation they'd still appreciate being able to play games on it from time to time, too.

I really hope no one gets a Mac just to game though, that's just sad and a waste of money.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I really hope no one gets a Mac just to game though, that's just sad and a waste of money.
I doubt many are out there buying "Gaming Macs", but I used to play plenty of games on my iMac before I built a PC. Not every publisher needs to release Linux and Mac ports, but it's appreciated for those who don't want a PC

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt many are out there buying "Gaming Macs", but I used to play plenty of games on my iMac before I built a PC. Not every publisher needs to release Linux and Mac ports, but it's appreciated for those who don't want a PC
I still stand by my stance that functionally speaking, a Mac is not superior to a Windows PC, just saying.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow! That's something not right! I still using Windows 7 and planned to moved to Linux in end of 2022 or 2023. I'm going to build my first gaming computer must have two options are Windows and Linux.

If Windows 10 or/and Windows 11 are get worse then I can remove it and install Linux after then never look back to Windows.

Humble company is responsible and maybe could face in court for anti-trust or something wrong doing. Shame on Humble company.

I'm big fans of GOG because of DRM free is very important to me.

Not Steam, Humble and other different companies for me, they are trash. :(

• Haha
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I still stand by my stance that functionally speaking, a Mac is not superior to a Windows PC, just saying.
The point is, regardless of platform, people should be able to enjoy games. Mac vs PC gets to be a petty war just like PlayStation vs Xbox. People should have the option to enjoy what they want on the platform they want, and it's scummy of Humble to just toss the Linux and Macos versions of games when they're still offering the Windows ones.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point is, regardless of platform, people should be able to enjoy games. Mac vs PC gets to be a petty war just like PlayStation vs Xbox. People should have the option to enjoy what they want on the platform they want, and it's scummy of Humble to just toss the Linux and Macos versions of games when they're still offering the Windows ones.

I'll just shut my mouth then. I just think Apple products are overpriced.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You know a game on Steam can be TOTALLY drm free ? Like Roller Coaster tycoon 1/2/3, you can install them, uninstall steam and still play them.

The choice is on the developer/editor to do it or not, Humble can do it too for their launcher no ?
i know, theyre dropping platforms just to push their useless launcher though. gog does it better in every way for example

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1