Humble Indie Bundle X

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by ResleyZ, Jan 7, 2014.

1. ResleyZ
    OP

ResleyZ Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty

Oct 11, 2013
    Netherlands
    Silicon Valley
    It's time for another Humble Indie Bundle, this time with games such as To the Moon, Joe Danger 2: The Movie, Papo & Yo and Bit Trip Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien.

You can buy these games for $0,01 minimun, and you'll receive steam keys for these games if you pay at least $1. If you beat the average, which currently is $5,35, you also get the games Reus and Surgeon Simulator 2013. The last three games have been revealed, these are: Strike Suit Zero, Toki Tori 2+ and HOARD.

All of these games also come with their own soundtracks, available in FLAC as well as .MP3.

This bundle will be available for another 6 days.

2. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Usually I support Humble Bundle, but the current bundle is kinda lackluster. I bought a ton of games from GoG.com during the winter sale, so I kinda have too much to play already (not to mention my Master's Thesis should be completed in less than 6 months..) :(

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Other than Surgeon Simulator 2013 I have not heard of any of them. That said I will keep an eye on them to see if there are any nice things added at the mid point as it does seem to be a DRM free one.

4. RikuCrafter

RikuCrafter GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2011
    Damn, I had hopes for DayZ.

5. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
  6. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I bought it. Finished bit trip runner 2 on wiiu and pretty much unlocked everything there...I doubt I'll be playing it on steam all over again, but it's worth the price of admission by itself. The other games don't look that bad either...

...but I have to admit I'm also buried in unplayed games since the last steam sales. :unsure:

7. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK

Runner 2 is OMG addictive and also OMG fukkin frustrating. Surprised you hadnt heard of it tbh.

8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    If in doubt never assume I know anything about current world events, current games (especially indie ones, I like a lot of what they do but damned if it is not a drama factory) or current popular culture.

9. ResleyZ
    OP

Oct 11, 2013
    Netherlands
    Silicon Valley
    Just finished the TF2 'DLC' for Surgeon Simulator. That was pretty frustrating. I already bought Bit Trip Runner 2, which indeed is very addictive, during the Winter Sale, so I gave it to a friend of mine. The other games also seem fun, especially Papo & Yo, since it seems to have some interesting mechanics.

Humble Bundle needs to make a deal with the publisher of these games first, and I think that the creators of DayZ wouldn't agree to it, since they could make much more money if they keep their full price for a couple of months.

10. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    True this, if we ever see DayZ in a Humble Bundle, it'll be months from now. Maybe not even in 2014....

It's a nice bundle, tempted to buy it, and looking forward to the extras that are coming.

11. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    Bought three of these during the recent Steam/Humble Store winter sales (To the Moon, Papo & Yo, Reus) and have another on PS+ (Joe Danger 2). Not really interested in the other two.

I will say this though: Papo & Yo is amazing and worth $1 (or 1¢ for the non-Steam version) of anyone's money. Get it now.

12. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    Just bought it :P Any opinions on Joe Danger 2? I'm considering gifting it.

13. ResleyZ
    OP

Oct 11, 2013
    Netherlands
    Silicon Valley
    It's difficult to play with keyboard, however it's pretty fun when using an Xbox 360 controller.

14. Zeliga

Zeliga One step closer.

Sep 28, 2013
    Kalos
    Too bad no games for me :rofl2:

15. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    to the moon & Reus & Runner 2 are here if anyone wants em , the rest ill keep . Only bought for Papo & Yo ,looks good.

16. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Might get it for To the Moon. Did want that game.
    Otherwise a really boring bundle. Who thought putting Surgeon Simulator on there was a good idea? What an awful, terrible game worth maybe 1cent.

Might be the first bundle I intentionally pass up.

17. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    i can gift ya to the moon if you prefer.

18. Supreme Dirt

Supreme Dirt GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Canada
    To The Moon is a fantastic game, but it's more for the storytelling than the game itself. If that's your kind of thing i'd recommend getting the bundle for it alone, just saying.

Also Runner is very fun.

19. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Passing on this one, nothing really all that interesting for me.

20. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    To The Moon is fantastic and Reus is pretty good. Can't really say anything about the rest as I haven't bought the bundle, but To The Moon is easily worth throwing a dollar at if you like nice stories.