Hacking Huge SD2VITA Problem

SOLLAZZATORE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi there! I'm right now in a pretty sh***y situation with my sd2vita adapter. It worked perfectly fine for 2 weeks and then suddenly I can't get it to be read anymore by the console (which has Henkaku Enso of course).
At first a message appeared saying that I couldn't use the card with the console without formatting it. I rebooted several times, removing and reinserting the adapter and now it doesn't even display that message.
The other huge problem is that currently I don't see displayed neither Molecularshell or Vitashell and I can't reinstall them from henkaku.xyz because it says that another version is already in use (the preinstalled Enso). In the meantime I wanted to change back using my old vita memory card but I can't do that because I have no way to access the tai/config.txt file in ur0... HELP!!!!... please

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hold your L button when you boot it and see if you can change anything? Take it out and reseat it?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Open the game card port, there should be a light dot next to the game slot (at least it's there on (1000, don't know if the slim has it). When you have the Sd2vita in, and you turn on the vita, does that light blink?

If it doesn't, then the Sd2vita is not being recognized by the system

SOLLAZZATORE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've got the standard 1000 model. The LED is totally OFF. This is what I'm doing: I insert the card normally until I see it hitting the springs. Then I turn it, occasionally wiggling, until it is completely inserted. Am I doing it wrong?
I've also randomly succeded in re-installing molecularshell on the vita memory card, I don't know if it can come in handy in making the adapter readable again.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I've got the standard 1000 model. The LED is totally OFF. This is what I'm doing: I insert the card normally until I see it hitting the springs. Then I turn it, occasionally wiggling, until it is completely inserted. Am I doing it wrong?
I've also randomly succeded in re-installing molecularshell on the vita memory card, I don't know if it can come in handy in making the adapter readable again.
Reinstalling might complicate things as it would probably reset config.txt which is where you have gamesd.skprx installed.

I can't tell you what's exactly wrong with your adapter. All I can tell you is that your adapter is not being recognized and therefore, maybe dead.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
So it's only an hardware problem? Is it supposed to blink whenever it is inserted, even without Henkaku Enso installed?
You said you had it installed and it worked fine for 2 weeks. Therefore, the config.txt for Enso is configured as such. So in this particular scenario, yes it is supposed to blink when it's inserted.

So either your adapter is not seated properly, or inserted the wrong way, or it's just completely dead.

Just to confirm, you had your Sd2vita adapter as ux0 right?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I've found out the problem: it's the micro-sd slot. Maybe I can ask for a replacement, I didn't do anything inappropriate.
Yeah, so the adapter :)
Well I guess it depends from one seller to another. Some might send you a replacement and some might not. It won't hurt to ask. Worst case scenario you'll have to pay $3 for a new one if the seller doesn't send a replacement. Check aliexpress. There are ones know that are eject-able

SOLLAZZATORE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought this one from srident and everbody says it's pretty open for this sort of problems, so I'm going to ask him directly.
Thanks a lot for all the help. I was going crazy :P

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I bought this one from srident and everbody says it's pretty open for this sort of problems, so I'm going to ask him directly.
Thanks a lot for all the help. I was going crazy :P
He should be trusted enough to provide a replacement then. At least I hope he is.

No problem. Just don't do anything else to your vita until you get the replacement. You can use the same microsd with its data on the new adapter when you get it :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==