Hu-Go!

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by VatoLoco, Jun 1, 2010.

Jun 1, 2010

Hu-Go! by VatoLoco at 8:24 AM (1,888 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. VatoLoco
    OP

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    [​IMG]

Hu-Go! is a PCengine/TG16 emulator by Zeograd for the newly released Pandora handheld. See the info spoiler below for more fun facts about this EMU.

Emulator info

[​IMG] Filetrip mirror
    [​IMG] Source
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Not to start anything here......but, does abybody even care about the Pandora anymore?

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the people that payed $330 for it [​IMG]

4. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    Yes, people do care. You just don't. I must admit, I lost a lot of interest on the Pandora too, what with the small number of units and the amount of risk you have to take given that it comes from a small group of people. That being said, I still look forward to the possibilities of the machine. Its not even the price that's throwing me off because I personally think it would be well worth the money. I'm mostly concerned about the fact that it relies on SD cards for storage. It basically does everything I would expect from a netbook but in a much smaller size and with gaming controls. There's so much to love about the Pandora, but also a lot to hate, so its understandable that a lot of people don't really care anymore.

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    why are you worried about sd card storage?

i honestly don't care about the pandora right now, but i will when it starts to ship to more people and homebrew picks up for it. it looks like a really fun system to own. i'd love to be able to do a review of it for gbatemp. i hope we get more homebrew news posted here, if only so users know that this system is not a dead project.

-another world

6. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The thing seems so bulky and underpowered these days.... it was a great idea at the time but alas, it seems that the hardware is simply outdated anymore because it took so long to prepare for mass distribution. Plus, the major selling point was getting an open-source operating system on a movile device.....Android?
    But alas, I'm glad to see there is some life in this project.

7. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    Well, while it is the best, large SD cards (lets just say for now, 2 32gb SD cards, since thats what it can handle) just adds to the cost of the system which essentially makes the system more expensive than the netbook I bought. On top of that, 64gb would easily get filled with my music and video collection. I travel a lot so the more space the better. It seems stupid to want to have 64gb on a handheld, but that's how I roll. I like having everything I need in one. (Except for a phone, but thats a different story).

8. impur1ty

Newcomer impur1ty Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Is there a more powerful gaming handheld available?

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    what worries me is the 2+hrs it will take to reformat 32GB and put everything back on! LOL

you make some good points when you talk about a netbook. i've actually been considering dropping a few hundred on a netbook as a portable gaming and entertainment system. psx-to-usb and i'm probably good to go.

-another world

10. Freudian Lemur

Member Freudian Lemur GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I thought the fact that the first production run has started shipping would count as released...
    Anyway, I really wish I had the money to buy a Pandora, but I just can't afford it right now.
    Now people, back on topic. This isn't a Pandora discussion thread, it's about Hu-Go.

11. VatoLoco
    OP

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    Yup, looks like yer right. 11 days ago, apparently.
    From the Pandora wiki:
    post edited to 'newly released' =P