hp mini - turning off

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by SinHarvest24, Jul 22, 2011.

1. SinHarvest24
    OP

SinHarvest24 Shiroyasha

Oct 8, 2010
    Chad
    Anywhere you think of me.
    I've been getting a problem lately with my hp mini. Whenever the battery life is like 30% or less, it just turns off. Not like hibernation, it doesn't even turn off properly. It turns off as though i'm pulling out the plug from a pc with no ups. When i turn it on without plugging in the charger (because there was more than enough battery life to turn on and browse for like 10mins) it 'cuts off' during boot-up. Unless i plug in the charger in, then it boots-up. What seems to be the problem? This happened quite a lot lately and it's been irritating me. Also sometimes it doesn't happen and goes into hibernation mode as normal.

2. Tom

Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    New jersey
    defective battery? , try cycling the battery if that doesn't work then get a new battery

3. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Sounds like the battery calibration is off. What it thinks is 30% is actually 5% or less. Or it could be a defective battery which experiences a severe voltage drop at 30%.

Unfortunately I don't know how to reset battery calibration for net books.