Hacking [HOWTO] - How to transfer Large VPK files to Vita via USB

AceTest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to make sure I understood what you said, you compressed an original game vpk of Shovel Knight (without anything removed) into a zip to reduce its size, renamed it as a vpk, then renamed it as a mp4, transferred it over and renamed it back to vpk, and successfully installed it? That sounds like a niffy trick to reduce file size, thanks for sharing it!:) Most of the games I have been wanting to transfer are 2-3gb giants sadly :/
Yup exactly what i did
It worked perfectly :)

Btw: Havnt really tried this with bigger files since i got henkaku yesterday but it could work, so fingers crossed :)

D

Deleted User

I use the official cma, but the methods with vpk folder doesn't work.
But i used something else to transfer the vpk : -Have a PSP SaveData on your computer
-Put the vpk inside and delete PIC1.png and rename vpk by PIC1.png
and rename png to vpk with ftp
for people that have a problem with QCMA and the methods

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
How to fast install games without the need for double amount of free space.

(Replace PCSEXXXXX with the one from the game)

Thats how i've installed +2GB Games in less than 10 Minutes :)

there is just a few things i dont understand , first can the unique id be anything? and the pcsexxxx is the ps vita dump id i assume? do they have to be the id or can i just name it after the game?

and step 4 confused me , which icon png and param sfo do you mean ? from the psp save data ? or which.

and lastly, so to from what i kind of understood with the modifying the zip of the game you want,
firstly i have to place the files excluding(sce folders/eboot bin file) into PSaveData/xxx/transfer/gamename/?

then remove all that content inside the zip exluding (sce folder/eboot) and that will have the zip having shrinked by alot, then move that as .vpk into the PSaveData/xxx/transfer/gamename/??

and you state to then install the vpk first and then transferin the data content with ftp/qcma ?, but when i copy the content with qcma first to copy vpk ,wont it directly copy the whole data content along with it?

i know that after finishing installing the vpk you have to then move the data content to the newly installed vpk folder, but seriously i am confused XD

could you please make it abit simpler, i found your tut. on this thread actually the clearest, but i am new to this and its still confusing to me.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
@leonmagnus99

Here is a short Video for the PC part, Handling Vita's
content Manager etc. is up to you: ZippyShare

omigosh that music bg though XDDD
i thought it was LinkinPark, and that is a tune from LP + Moe Kawaii voice haha.

thank you , i will watch that and learn from it C:

edit: never mind XDD it was my freakin game that gave errors.. (your method works.. thanks man)

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

cena2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How to fast install games without the need for double amount of free space.

(Replace PCSEXXXXX with the one from the game)

1. Exctact your .vpk (zip)
2. Remove everything inside your vpk except eboot.bin and sce_ folders (repack without creating new zip)
3. Move your .vpk and game content files to QCMA's Backup folder for PSP Saves
ex. PSVBACKUPFOLDER:\PSAVEDATA\<your unique id>\TRANSFER\PCSEXXXXX
4. Place ICON0.PNG and PARAM.SFO (you can use it from backup installer)
in PSVBACKUPFOLDER:\PSAVEDATA\<your unique id>\TRANSFER\
5. Refresh QCMA's Database
6. Connect your PSVITA via USB
7. Transfer your 'PSP Savegame' to your PSVITA
8. Open up VitaShell and browse to ux0:/PSPEMU/PSP/SAVEDATA/TRANSFER/PCSEXXXXX
9. Install your .vpk and activate FTP when its done
10. Move the gamefiles to ux0:/app/PCSEXXXXX via FTP
--- DONE ---
If you want to install another game, repeat the steps above and overwrite the save.
Thats how i've installed +2GB Games in less than 10 Minutes :)

Hello, Can you help me about the tranfer file via QCMA?

I have place the vpk file and content into PSAVEDATA\<your unique id>\TRANSFER\ like your video
But when i refresh QCMA, it dont update :(.
My folder: G:\VITA\QCMA-BACKUP\PSAVEDATA\123456ABCDFGOT\BACKUP\PCSE00339
upload_2016-9-12_13-40-17.png

My QCMA setting:
upload_2016-9-12_13-42-53.png

Sorry my ENG is so bad :(

madyicstik

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys i tried the renaming of file to .mp4 but everytime i go to the videos bubble, it says that there no content. iwanted to try the savedata way but where do i get the save data from and how do i put the save data in my vita? do i have to install content manager even if i have qcma? ive tried the "renaming" rout on 3 different computers and yielded the same results which is nothing. appreciate your help

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys i tried the renaming of file to .mp4 but everytime i go to the videos bubble, it says that there no content. iwanted to try the savedata way but where do i get the save data from and how do i put the save data in my vita? do i have to install content manager even if i have qcma? ive tried the "renaming" rout on 3 different computers and yielded the same results which is nothing. appreciate your help

You need to transfer the video using the vita content manager app.
Make sure your using QCMA, put the directory path of were your "video folder" is located, then refresh the database. Now open the CM, connect to PC and copy the video over

Last edited by SMVB64,

mpiccion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
'vita content manager app' ask me to connect to PSN...and I cant...there is another way to trasfer files without wifi ?
thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: it's fucking bad