Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I had a thought brought upon a status update. How are the average Tempers eyes? Need glasses? Don't? Far sighted? Near sighted? Have one eye? Have no eyes? Blind? Vote and find out.

In my case it's pretty...odd. I am the only one in my immediate family who doesn't need glasses. Got that 20/20 vision going on, which is interesting because I am the person in my family who plays the most vidya games...connection? I think so...I also used to do all of those "YOU'LL DAMAGE YOUR EYES IF YOU DO THAT" stuff too. I guess I'm just special.

EDIT: Also, I know there have been topics on this before but the latest I found was from like...2007/2008.

moerik

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vision is 60/20, I need glasses to see further away otherwise it becomes harder to see objects out of my arms reach, logic and common sence solves that until it comes down to reading far away signs or boards. I never wear them though...

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Near sighted.

Started to happen to me when i now got into gaming. Like a few months after i got a ps1. I don't think it's because i use to play a lot of games/watch tv and what not. Although that's what some people believes...

I read an article once where they said that watching too much tv/playing too much doesn't permenantly affects your vision. It may cause temporary impairment of vision if you do too much things that isn't directly bad for your eyes, meaning you'll regain normal vision after some rest.

That's why i hold no grudge to my bad habits more than my bad genes.....

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Got that 20/20 vision going on, which is interesting because I am the person in my family who plays the most vidya games...connection? I think so...I also used to do all of those "YOU'LL DAMAGE YOUR EYES IF YOU DO THAT" stuff too. I guess I'm just special.

I'm the gamer in my family, yet I'm the only one with glasses.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MFW you have 3 eyes
LOL_WUT_PEAR.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a thought brought upon a status update. How are the average Tempers eyes? Need glasses? Don't? Far sighted? Near sighted? Have one eye? Have no eyes? Blind? Vote and find out.

In my case it's pretty...odd. I am the only one in my immediate family who doesn't need glasses. Got that 20/20 vision going on, which is interesting because I am the person in my family who plays the most vidya games...connection? I think so...I also used to do all of those "YOU'LL DAMAGE YOUR EYES IF YOU DO THAT" stuff too. I guess I'm just special.

EDIT: Also, I know there have been topics on this before but the latest I found was from like...2007/2008.

My status about my warn bar that had something that didn't because it blurred?

Nearsighted. Not terribly but it certainly has gotten a little worse than it used to be. I need glasses, I SHOULD be wearing them all the time, especially when I drive. Alas, I typically only use them when driving at night and/or when driving through unfamiliar territory (even during daytime). My glasses are also four years old, and I need new ones but can't afford them yet. Oddly, I am the only one in my immediate family with bad eyesight, save for my parents, who are becoming farsighted just because they're getting older (a few years till their 50s)

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Need to wear glasses, short-sighted, also have issues with bright light, something to do with my eyes taking far to long to react to the light, and on a bright summers day it really hurts my eyes if I don't wear sunglasses - even if the sun isn't anywhere near my direct eyeline. (one of the many reasons I dislike summer)

Nearly 9 months overdue in getting my eyes tested... I have about 6 unopened letters from my opticians somewhere, but I currently have no money to pay for an exam, never mind the enevitable need to buy a new pair of glasses.

Hoping to be able to sort it out at the end of the month though, looking to get a pair of glasses for extended computer and gaming sessions and another pair for work/driving/day-to-day stuff.

EDIT: Glasses I'm thinking of getting:

Gaming/Computer glasses, will add anti-reflective layer and might add a light coloured tint to the lenses, depending what the optician thinks

9dKiF.jpg

Work, driving, etc glasses.

ZdAVa.jpg

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

My status about my warn bar that had something that didn't because it blurred?

Nearsighted. Not terribly but it certainly has gotten a little worse than it used to be. I need glasses, I SHOULD be wearing them all the time, especially when I drive. Alas, I typically only use them when driving at night and/or when driving through unfamiliar territory (even during daytime). My glasses are also four years old, and I need new ones but can't afford them yet. Oddly, I am the only one in my immediate family with bad eyesight, save for my parents, who are becoming farsighted just because they're getting older (a few years till their 50s)
Sure did.

Reactions: 1 person

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To see finer details for things far away, I need glasses, so for seeing things like text or the like... for anything close, don't need them...
A comparison for the finer detail thing would be playing a game designed for a HD display in SD... some text is harder to see and at times, impossible to read, and finer things like texture details become lost from a closer distance...

Though, my vision becomes near perfect in very low light conditions for some reason... :unsure:

D

Deleted-236924

I read an article once where they said that watching too much tv/playing too much doesn't permenantly affects your vision. It may cause temporary impairment of vision if you do too much things that isn't directly bad for your eyes, meaning you'll regain normal vision after some rest.
I can attest to that.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember the exact number, but my right eye is pretty strong... my left eye, though, not so much. Luckily, they basically cancel each other, granting me with incredibly decent enough eyesight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1