Howdy All... Don't have my DS lite yet, but soon..

JesterPoet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to drop a quick note and say hello!

I'm trying to find a DS Lite somewhere, but, of course, it isn't proving tremendously easy right now. I'll get one soon, though.

I've been trying to do my research ahead of time to see what I'll have to do to run homebrew. I'm a bit confused, but I'm getting smarter about it. I'm considering flashing the unit, as it seems like the most hassle-free way to run homebrew stuff, but I'm definitely open to suggestions.

What do the rest of you think? I see a lot of people recommend the R4. I have no idea what that is, but perhaps it's a better option.

Well, anyway, that's my hello, and my story! Hope to talk to you all soon!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello
happy.gif

Regarding flashing, you only need flashing so you could run homebrew and ROMs from a Slot2 (GBA slot) flashcard. You don't have to flash your DS to run homebrew/ROMs from a SLot1 card (like the R4.

Flashing alone won't do anything, you have to have a flashcard (I see where the confusion comes from).

So, stick around, have some cake, remember to read the stickies, and have fun. It's what it's all about
grog.gif

JesterPoet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HelloÂ
happy.gif
Â

Regarding flashing, you only need flashing so you could run homebrew and ROMs from a Slot2 (GBA slot) flashcard. You don't have to flash your DS to run homebrew/ROMs from a SLot1 card (like the R4.

Flashing alone won't do anything, you have to have a flashcard (I see where the confusion comes from).

So, stick around, have some cake, remember to read the stickies, and have fun. It's what it's all aboutÂ
grog.gif

So if I go with the R4 solution, I don't need to flash my DS? I can just pop that in, buy a micro SD card, move some homebrew stuff over to it, and go to town?

How big of a micro SD card can it support? I can't seem to find any info on that.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So if I go with the R4 solution, I don't need to flash my DS? I can just pop that in, buy a micro SD card, move some homebrew stuff over to it, and go to town?

How big of a micro SD card can it support? I can't seem to find any info on that.
Yes, that's all you need. No need to flash your DS, just pop in the R4 (or M3 Simply, or Supercard DS
happy.gif
, depending on which you decide to buy), and you're ready to go.

I don't think there are any size limitations on the R4 side, but microSD cards only go up to 2 GB. A 4 GB model has been announced, but for the time being, a 1GB card is all you need, since NDS ROMs go up to max 128 MB, and homebrew apps are generally small. If you need space for mp3s and movies, get two 1GB cards.

yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1