Hacking Question How would i unhack my switch?

DellStock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so i have a switch that i want to unhack with no NAND Dump.
I of course have to re-inject the prodinfo i have backed up i know that part but what is getting me is that how do i Remove the Custom firmware? I updated with choidujour twice already and im not sure if thats a good thing or not because i have No_GC enabled. How would i go to make my switch clean again while still being able to use game carts?

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
well to u hack just remove SD card and restart and boom you're no longer hacked
if you want to make your nand clean like it never was hacked, then you would need to restore the nand backup of the system (the one you made before hacking the switch)

DellStock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about making sure that my GC is up to date so i can still use my game carts? thats what im worried about

And there was a homebrew to clean out the nand, i cant find that.

EDIT : https://gbatemp.net/threads/clean-the-nand-of-the-nintendo-switch-haku33-homebrew.548620/ THIS.
if you want to make your nand clean like it never was hacked, then you would need to restore the nand backup of the system (the one you made before hacking the switch)

Last edited by DellStock,

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confused about what you're asking. You can play your game carts on CFW so why do u want to get rid of it? Did you use Sysnand or Emunand for CFW? If Emunand, just take the SD card out and boot normally (make sure autorcm is off first). If its Sysnand, either boot Stock Firmware through Hekate or SXOS payload, or turn off autorcm and boot normally. If you are trying to play online, I would suggest just buying anpther console and have 1 switch for CFW and 1 for retail. Normally I would recomend Emunand for people to play online but it sounds like your NAND is dirty so you will probably get banned. I read something saying someone got banned even after using that homebrew because it doesn't clean everything. Thats why you should always have a NAND backup. Thats why I would get another console because hopfully someday we will have CFW online without Nintendo detecting it, so if you get banned you'll regret it if this ever happens.

Reactions: DellStock

DellStock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confused about what you're asking. You can play your game carts on CFW so why do u want to get rid of it? Did you use Sysnand or Emunand for CFW? If Emunand, just take the SD card out and boot normally (make sure autorcm is off first). If its Sysnand, either boot Stock Firmware through Hekate or SXOS payload, or turn off autorcm and boot normally. If you are trying to play online, I would suggest just buying anpther console and have 1 switch for CFW and 1 for retail. Normally I would recomend Emunand for people to play online but it sounds like your NAND is dirty so you will probably get banned. I read something saying someone got banned even after using that homebrew because it doesn't clean everything. Thats why you should always have a NAND backup. Thats why I would get another console because hopfully someday we will have CFW online without Nintendo detecting it, so if you get banned you'll regret it if this ever happens.

I still would like to try so i can play online. i used both for CFW cause i didnt think i would need one for OFW and i made that mistake. I lost my NAND backup cause my hard drive is gone. I just want to make sure if its safe to use that Homebrew app even though i used Choidujor and it burnt a fuse for the game cart since i use the No_GC from Atmosphere.

Deleted member 513511

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you don't have a clean NAND backup, then even the Haku33 homebrew might not be enough to avoid a ban.
You can try of course, but be mindful that there is still a small risk.
Also, think about doing a backup right before using the tool,just in case.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you don't have a clean NAND backup, then even the Haku33 homebrew might not be enough to avoid a ban.
You can try of course, but be mindful that there is still a small risk.
Also, think about doing a backup right before using the tool,just in case.
A pretty big risk, considering tampered logs are known to have caused bans previously.
I'd say it's almost guaranteed he will be flagged and end up banned sooner or later.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually, no needed to remove SD CARD.. And you can't if you are on RCM or it will remain black. You have to disabled RCM first before you do that. :)

Last edited by spotanjo3,

DellStock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, no needed to remove SD CARD.. And you can't if you are on RCM or it will remain black. You have to disabled RCM first before you do that. :)

What about No_GC? if i unhack the switch and turn off No_Gc (Since im on OFW) would that make the cart reader unable to be used? Thats what im worried about right now. I have games on cart and digital.

ifrit05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about No_GC? if i unhack the switch and turn off No_Gc (Since im on OFW) would that make the cart reader unable to be used? Thats what im worried about right now. I have games on cart and digital.

It would enable the cart slot, but doing so would also update the its embedded firmware rendering it unusable on OFW's below 4.0.0 (crashes the system when inserting a game).

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think these guys understand what you were asking for. NO GC just blocks the gamecard slot's firmware from updating when you do a system update. So basically as long as your Emunand and Sysnand are on 9.1.0 your games will work fine on both. The only time they won't work is if you downgrade to older firmware

Reactions: DellStock

DellStock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think these guys understand what you were asking for. NO GC just blocks the gamecard slot's firmware from updating when you do a system update. So basically as long as your Emunand and Sysnand are on 9.1.0 your games will work fine on both. The only time they won't work is if you downgrade to older firmware

Are you sure? cause if i removed the No_GC line from the ini file i cant use the game cart and im on 9.1.0

ifrit05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure? cause if i removed the No_GC line from the ini file i cant use the game cart and im on 9.1.0

From Atmosphere 9.4 release notes:
  • Please note: 9.0.0 updated the switch's gamecart controller ("lotus") firmware.
    • To prevent the burning of lotus fuses, Atmosphere now applies nogc patches when booting into 9.0.0 with fuses below 9.0.0.
    • If you wish to play gamecarts on 9.0.0 (but forever prevent yourself from playing them on < 9.0.0), set nogc = 0 in BCT.ini.

DellStock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You’re over thinking it. The game card slot firmware is updated automatically just by booting into stock firmware. The moment you boot clean the game card slot will update itself.

Ah. Doesn't matter anyway. I got banned. oh well. LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...