How to use ps4 Controller on ps vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Bernhard, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Bernhard
    OP

Bernhard BorderPsycho

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Today i found the "ps4controllerhack" on youtube () and i tryed to transfare the taihen files and the config files.. both of them failed.. i dont know why. but the vita gives me an error.. i managed to fix this by renaming them in con.txt and tai.skprx i tryed to rename them in the psvita into the original filenames, but it gave me an error i think it was error 000080..or something like tht :( could anybody pls help me

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Open Molecular Shell and enable Unsafe Homebrew. Then restart your Vita, and try again.

But if you're going to follow a tutorial, follow the one from the dev xerpi. That is like...10 minutes too long of a tutorial for literally adding 2 lines to a .txt. Don't replace your config file with that, just add the proper lines to your current one and be done with it.

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=47620 <

3. Bernhard
    OP

Bernhard BorderPsycho

May 2, 2016
    United States
    oh man thank you :) but i ve no config file in the tai folder and not even any plugins folder for replaycing files :( in that tutorial it is said to add 8 files to your vita, and i enabled the unsafe homebrew option :( ... nothing helped.. i ll restart my vita and report if it has worked!

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Then just create a config.txt on your PC, paste the two lines in the wololo thread, and do it that way. If you don't have any config.txt or plugins folder it just means you haven't used any plugins yourself, so it's fine to just create them.

5. Bernhard
    OP

Bernhard BorderPsycho

May 2, 2016
    United States
    ok thank you man!!! ill ive it a try and ill report as soon as possible!

6. Bernhard
    OP

Bernhard BorderPsycho

May 2, 2016
    United States
    so i managed to get it working, but i noticed that it goes in standby while i am playing with the controller :( has any solution been found for that probleme yet?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

and the screen goes a bitt down with the brightnes after playing one minute... and i cant finde any option foor thiis :(

7. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Download the registry editor, find "suspend_interval(POWER SAVING) and change it to 0.

8. Bernhard
    OP

Bernhard BorderPsycho

May 2, 2016
    United States
    but is there any solution for only not turning down the brightnes while connected to the controller?

an mate thank ya you re great :)

and by the way cause my vita found an update for a game, is there a possible easy way to install the gameupdates from games vpks ? without ftp and installing them via shell or maidumper... ?

9. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Dimming interval is in /CONFIG/DISPLAY/", "dimming_interval"

But it will still fall asleep even if it doesn't dim, so you should change both settings.

And no, you have to install game updates via maidump/VPKs now that PSN spoofing is broken.

10. Bernhard
    OP

Bernhard BorderPsycho

May 2, 2016
    United States
    ok thank ya verymuch! :) ill get to back later after i ve tried it and ill report about the results :) ! cheers!

which dimming value should i enter?

and i ve got another question cause an update got just downloaded to my vita for a game... how can i uninstall it?