Gaming How to use DeSmuMe over two monitors?

BigChickenMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question.

Basically, I have a monitor and a laptop, and was wondering if there was any way I could put the top DS LCD on my monitor and the bottom one on my laptop, so I can play Pokemon Black over both my displays.
I understand that there is no aspect ratio and the game will look somewhat stretched, but I still want to go forward with this. Does anyone know how to do this on DeSmuMe? (I have both the mainline build and DeSmuMe X432r, if that information is required).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Forest for the trees but can't you just stretch your OS to have dual screens, one on top of the other, and the program over them? It should even have a screen bar option to simulate the screen gap a bit. Most modern OSes should be OK with this, older ones might have one screen be a dominant one for 3d program purposes and appear black but eh, and you can probably do something with software mode.
I don't know of any builds/emulators that kick the screens to separate windows you can place wherever or particularly useful secondary program APIs that can stream from as it were, though the video options might yield something there if you can record to a dummy file and have that stream back to something else (various video editing programs do something like this already) but that sounds like a system grinder to me.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
windows key + p to extend the display. that's what I was thinking as well. I have mine duplicated to my tv from my laptop, and I can stream movies easily too for a pretty low end tv.

BigChickenMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@FAST6191 The thing is, DeSmuMe is bugged that way, it doesn't actually let you do that, which is quite unfortunate. Whenever I drag it to the top monitor, it just glitches out and all of it goes to the top monitor.

@godreborn Right, I'll try that once I get home, wasn't sure that would apply to DeSmuMe as the display window is glitched, unfortunately. If it doesn't work, I'm gonna try just displaying it to my TV using a HDMI cord.

CallMeKaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The normal desmume allows you to just turn off "maintain aspect ratio" and then you can just stretch it however you like as long as it isn't fullscreen or windowed (fit to screen, the square in the top right). Desmume X432r sadly from what I know doesn't have this and forces aspect ratio... I am looking for a solution/workaround for the X432r version myself so

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@