Hacking How to use AnyTitle deleter

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

can someone please explain to me how to use AnyTitle deleter?
ive downloaded the latest version from http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter

Looked at the title database here:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_Database

But can not figure out how to use it.
-How can i load the program from the HBC channel?
-Hot can i delete the CIOS, DVDx, CIOS fix and LOADER channels? i can not find them on the title database :-(
thanx!

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
erolz said:
Hi,

can someone please explain to me how to use AnyTitle deleter?
ive downloaded the latest version from http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter

Looked at the title database here:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_Database

But can not figure out how to use it.
-How can i load the program from the HBC channel?
-Hot can i delete the CIOS, DVDx, CIOS fix and LOADER channels? i can not find them on the title database :-(
thanx!
I was wondering about this too...

ukime

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you're messing with wads, you may want to try a wad manager. Otherwise, I believe you can use AnyTitleDeleter for removing hidden channels such as cIOS.

To run the application it from the HBC, you will need to do the following:

1. Rename the .dol file you have downloaded to 'boot.dol' (eg rename AnyTitleDeleter.dol to boot.dol)
2. Put the application in it's own folder in the /APPS folder on the SD card (eg. /APPS/AnyTitleDeleter)
3. Run HBC, find the entry and run it.

I'm yet to find out which are the cIOS channels - they were not the channels in the 'hidden channels' list I don't think. AnyTitleDeleter said it prevented deleting it to avoid bricking the Wii. Still reading around on the best way to use it (and if I really need to).

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wabsta said:
I read somewhere that you had to use this application to remove some cIOS that I have installed for the backuploader...
Is that true?

"So with that said you can find a CIOS fix on GBATEMP.NET’s forums and was posted/modified by forum member ppc_gba . Warning, if you plan on installing it you will have to remove the previous CIOS first using AnyTitle Deleter ( and NOT the wad manager! that will not remove it! ) . You wil also have to uninstall the dvdx 249 install and reinstall it afterwards , then the loaders will work differently . With the Wiigator loader, you need to set the hook to gc pad somewhere in the options so that the wiigator loader operates ."
source:wiiloader.com

Wabsta

Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, I'll try it tonight
smile.gif

EDIT:
Can someone confirm that this is an existing app, and that it doesn't brick my wii?
Because, I can't find anything about a cIOS uninstaller from waninkoko...

Mek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cios uninstaller version 1.1 will remove all of waninkoko's cIOS's EXCEPT his final of version 5 that is listed on his site, for that one you will need to use anytitledeleter looking for ios249.

To remove DVDx (libdi) just run it again and choose uninstall.

For loaders channels you can use wad uninstaller or wad manager or anytitledeleter.

Wabsta

Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mek said:
Cios uninstaller version 1.1 will remove all of waninkoko's cIOS's EXCEPT his final of version 5 that is listed on his site, for that one you will need to use anytitledeleter looking for ios249 and/or ios36.

For loaders channels you can use wad uninstaller or wad manager or anytitledeleter.
Okay, I've tried the Cios uninstaller 1.1, but I'll try the anytitledeleter again tonight, it's kinda hard to read since I don't have a LCD tv... So the words are shaking like hell and giving me a headache.

EDIT:
What if those 2 aren't in the list?
tongue.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mek said:
Cios uninstaller version 1.1 will remove all of waninkoko's cIOS's EXCEPT his final of version 5 that is listed on his site, for that one you will need to use anytitledeleter looking for ios249 and/or ios36.

or you can just use anytitle deleter for everything....there is nothing you can install that cant be removed with anytitle deleter.

the exceptions are:
-starfall (unless you removed the entire sysmenu, which you dont want to do and cant do with the official release of anytitle deleter)
-gamecube homebrew launcer (same deal, you could remove the MIOS, but dont, and I doubt u can)

but everything that installs its own title, such as:
dvdx, custom channels, ios and cios
can all be removed with anytitle deleter for simplification.

no one can do anything about your sight or your tv, unfortunately for you.

Wabsta

Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could buy me a nice big LCD television
tongue.gif

If I don't see any ios249 or ios36 in the list, does that mean that they are gone?
(It has ios33, 34, 35, 37. or something, but it misses 36)

Then they kinda disappeared on a mysterious way.
(Or I never installed the Backup Loader properly, and it wasn't my cheap quality DVD+R that was the problem, but the fact that I didn't install the good stuff for it:P)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
IOS249 is the custom IOS or cIOS used in the backup Launcher, the DVDx aplication is in the hidden section but if you can't read unistall that one with the installer, but now use unistall instead of install, lol

do not unistall anything else, if you want to keep your Wii saves, All the apps are save (I mean AnyTitleDeleter and cIOS uninstaller), try using the highest version of the wanin's cIOS-uninstaller I think it is 1.3, founded in http://wii.waninkoko.info/

If they aren't there, then they are not installed,
tongue.gif

Wabsta

Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
ether2802 said:
IOS249 is the custom IOS or cIOS used in the backup Launcher, the DVDx aplication is in the hidden section but if you can't read unistall that one with the installer, but now use unistall instead of install, lol

do not unistall anything else, if you want to keep your Wii saves, All the apps are save (I mean AnyTitleDeleter and cIOS uninstaller), try using the highest version of the wanin's cIOS-uninstaller I think it is 1.3, founded in http://wii.waninkoko.info/

tongue.gif
So actually, you don't have to remove anything using AnyTitleDeleter?
Because you can just uninstall it with DVDx?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:
ether2802 said:

tongue.gif
So actually, you don't have to remove anything using AnyTitleDeleter?
Because you can just uninstall it with DVDx?

correct, you can use the dvdx installer as an uninstaller, and if no cIOS (254, 249, 5) are showing up with AnyTitle deleter, you don't have to worry about them cuz they are not installed.

I was simply saying, if you want to just use one program, anytitle deleter can remove all of them....just remove all the aforementinoed IOS, (249,254,5) and remove DVDX from the hidden channels...boom done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all