Hacking How to update SXOS emunand from 8.1.0 to 10.1

Ratatattat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original system auto rcm system capable nand at 4.1. Using SXOS 2.9.4 created 8.1 emunand via ChoidujourNX and works fine. Updatetd SXOS to latest firmware beta 3.0.4 everything works. .Using same method I try to update SXOS emunand to 10.1. Returns "somethings gone wrong" error every time after reboot even though ChoidujourNX completes. Is there something unique that makes it so you cannot just update SXOS emunand system firmware from 8.1 to 10.1? failure cause me to have to wipe entire SD and recreate partition since I'm using the partition method. areal pain. Any suggestions would be appreciate. Yes I've searched and either failed to type the correct search criteria or there's nothing related.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original system auto rcm system capable nand at 4.1. Using SXOS 2.9.4 created 8.1 emunand via ChoidujourNX and works fine. Updatetd SXOS to latest firmware beta 3.0.4 everything works. .Using same method I try to update SXOS emunand to 10.1. Returns "somethings gone wrong" error every time after reboot even though ChoidujourNX completes. Is there something unique that makes it so you cannot just update SXOS emunand system firmware from 8.1 to 10.1? failure cause me to have to wipe entire SD and recreate partition since I'm using the partition method. areal pain. Any suggestions would be appreciate. Yes I've searched and either failed to type the correct search criteria or there's nothing related.
Have you tried using SX Installer or DZ to install the firmware?

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably did something wrong. I finally used my SXOS on my 2nd switch and I had activated emmunand and updated that part from 9.2.0 to 10.0.4. My sysnand is still 9.2.0 make sure you have the right files I had used Choi with no problems last night. I used FAT32 idk if you are on FAT32 or exfat.

My suggestion from you is start from scratch

Ratatattat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to all who suggested solutions.
Worked fine with ChoidujourNX after second attempt.
Not sure why but will take it ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E