Powered on my switch for the first time in maybe three years and I'm a little behind. SXOS 2.8 and 8.0.0 Help me update!

ix3u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening everyone! As the title say, I haven't used my switch in quite some time, and I figured I might as well update it at least a little. I've been doing tons of reading the last couple of days as as per usual, couldn't find a case enough like mine that I felt comfortable just going for it. Here is where I am sitting ATM.

-SXOS 2.8
-OFW 8.0.0
-I'm 99% sure I don't have an emunand set up (only folders on my card are Switch, Firmware, and Nintendo)
-at some point long ago I updated to 8.0.0 using ChoiDujour ( I mention this because something I read said that updating with it corrupts something maybe with creating an emunand?)
-I don't think I have problem staying with SXOS even though it only works up to 11.0.0 since I basically just play older games (BOTW, Skyrim ect) or are the newer games worth updating for? I don't even know what's out there these days.

And here is what I'm hoping for advice on

-should I go ahead and setup an emunand? To the best of my knowledge, it's never been booted into the OFW if that matters? (just watched a quick vid to remind myself what emunand is and if I understood it correctly, it's way to late to worry about setting that up. Correct me if I'm wrong)
-should I just "upgrade" to atmoshpere and call it a day? Other than being able to use the latest OFW, is there anything else?
* found where the choidujour corrupts stuff. It's in the switch from sxos to atmosphere on rentry-----If you updated via ChoiDujourNX on your sysNAND then you have to either get a donor boot0/boot1 or use a backup of your sysNAND boot0/boot1 and then restore it via NxNandManager, hekate, or sxos bootmenu. This is because ChoiDuJourNX corrupts your boot0/boot1 and will prevent you from being able to boot into sysNAND on Atmosphere.---- So that sucks. I looked at how to make new boot0/boot1 and not to sound like a retard, but after reading though it, I'm probably too retarded to do it...

I'm sure this reads like an idiot wrote it. There just seems like it's a little more complicated than the original "hacking" of the switch.

Sooo.... where do I go from here? with no emunand, presumably no backup of my sysnand that I'm sure I did way back in the day but it's on an old computer somewhere, a corrupted boot0 from updating stupidly, and probably several other things I can't even think of at the moment... Only positive that I can think of that I have going for me is that I ran across a copy of the sxos 3.1.0 in my google drive so I don't have to try and find that.

For anyone that put forth the effort to power though this dumb series of questions, Thanks

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening everyone! As the title say, I haven't used my switch in quite some time, and I figured I might as well update it at least a little. I've been doing tons of reading the last couple of days as as per usual, couldn't find a case enough like mine that I felt comfortable just going for it. Here is where I am sitting ATM.

-SXOS 2.8
-OFW 8.0.0
-I'm 99% sure I don't have an emunand set up (only folders on my card are Switch, Firmware, and Nintendo)
-at some point long ago I updated to 8.0.0 using ChoiDujour ( I mention this because something I read said that updating with it corrupts something maybe with creating an emunand?)
-I don't think I have problem staying with SXOS even though it only works up to 11.0.0 since I basically just play older games (BOTW, Skyrim ect) or are the newer games worth updating for? I don't even know what's out there these days.

And here is what I'm hoping for advice on

-should I go ahead and setup an emunand? To the best of my knowledge, it's never been booted into the OFW if that matters? (just watched a quick vid to remind myself what emunand is and if I understood it correctly, it's way to late to worry about setting that up. Correct me if I'm wrong)
It’s still worth working with a copy of your system files rather than the system files themselves. If you damage something, even unintentionally, which would you rather take the hit? Something yiu can duplicate again or the heart of your system? Emunand-Good
-should I just "upgrade" to atmoshpere and call it a day? Other than being able to use the latest OFW, is there anything else?
Atmosphere is the only viable option at this point if you want to play any of the recent games. It’s best to upgrade.
* found where the choidujour corrupts stuff. It's in the switch from sxos to atmosphere on rentry-----If you updated via ChoiDujourNX on your sysNAND then you have to either get a donor boot0/boot1 or use a backup of your sysNAND boot0/boot1 and then restore it via NxNandManager, hekate, or sxos bootmenu. This is because ChoiDuJourNX corrupts your boot0/boot1 and will prevent you from being able to boot into sysNAND on Atmosphere.---- So that sucks. I looked at how to make new boot0/boot1 and not to sound like a retard, but after reading though it, I'm probably too retarded to do it...
I'm sure this reads like an idiot wrote it. There just seems like it's a little more complicated than the original "hacking" of the switch.
Nah…it’s a painful process. Probably worth locating your backups if you can
That said, you can attempt to install At,osphere on your emunand and see if you can get daybreak.nro to successfully upgrade your emunand to 15.0.1mFW.
Sooo.... where do I go from here? with no emunand, presumably no backup of my sysnand that I'm sure I did way back in the day but it's on an old computer somewhere, a corrupted boot0 from updating stupidly, and probably several other things I can't even think of at the moment... Only positive that I can think of that I have going for me is that I ran across a copy of the sxos 3.1.0 in my google drive so I don't have to try and find that.

For anyone that put forth the effort to power though this dumb series of questions, Thanks

Sounds like you’re,already using https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Try to make it through and see if you can find that backup in the mean time…otherwise you’re going to have to walk through the arduous process of rebuilding boot0 and boot1

chrisisx

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
i still access SXOS for XCI and USB loading and then go to Atmo for newer games. My setup is below:

OFW : 12.0 - not touching this anymore as any more pass this point will break SXOS
SXOS emunand - 11.0 (installed in my 400 gb memory card)
Atmo emunand - 14.1 (installed in my 256 gb memory card)

I have this setup as i dont want to lost access in USB LOADING and XCI loading for older games. Newer games will only work in Atmo now due to its firmware requirement.

Reactions: ix3u and binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dual boot SXOS 3.1.0 and AMS myself using a slightly modified version of @mikefor20 ’s guide. Love being able to mount XCIs.

In this case I think we need to figure out if the boot0/1 situation is going to be an issue. Once we get past that, then we can get creative.

E: Dual Boot Atmos/SXOSAtmosphere and SXOS each on their own hidden partition emunand courtesy of @mikefor20

Reactions: ix3u and mikefor20

ix3u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply Binkinator. Looks like I'm going to be rebuilding boot files. I had forgotten that I had the hard drive with all my old laptop crap on it plugged in to my desktop at home. After remoting in, digging though the drive, and running across a "switch backup" folder I was stoked... Then I opened it and its a bunch of dumb shit like pics taken in game. So that sucks. I'm going to pull the laptop out next week when I get home and double check it, but I'm not feeling particularly positive at this point.

So I still feel like I'm missing something with emunand. I get it at it's core concept. It's a copy and you just run everything though there. With that being said, does it just boot up the emunand and that's where I do eveything? Is it obvious which one is sys and which one is emu so I don't brick my switch? I'll go scour youtube to see if I can find something useful on that front in the meantime.

Basically what you are saying though is set up emunand, then play around in there to see if I can get things updated? And then in case it does brick because the boot0 is corrupted, no biggie because I can keep trying stuff.
Post automatically merged:

I feel like that's what I'm looking for end game. The dual boot. I haven't had it set up in forever, but doesn't sxos have where you can dock the switch with a hdd attached loaded up with games?

Also seems that fat32 is the way to go for the sd card. I guess I need to learn more about that since I'm sitting here with a bunch of 15gb xci's on my card.

Last edited by ix3u,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply Binkinator. Looks like I'm going to be rebuilding boot files. I had forgotten that I had the hard drive with all my old laptop crap on it plugged in to my desktop at home. After remoting in, digging though the drive, and running across a "switch backup" folder I was stoked... Then I opened it and its a bunch of dumb shit like pics taken in game. So that sucks. I'm going to pull the laptop out next week when I get home and double check it, but I'm not feeling particularly positive at this point.

So I still feel like I'm missing something with emunand. I get it at it's core concept. It's a copy and you just run everything though there. With that being said, does it just boot up the emunand and that's where I do eveything? Is it obvious which one is sys and which one is emu so I don't brick my switch? I'll go scour youtube to see if I can find something useful on that front in the meantime.

Basically what you are saying though is set up emunand, then play around in there to see if I can get things updated? And then in case it does brick because the boot0 is corrupted, no biggie because I can keep trying stuff.
Videos are hard to update. They often gloss over details that are helpful when doing stuff like this.
I recommend txt based guides like this one: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

We would put Hekate in front of Atmosphere and tell Hekate to always boot Emunand unless you interrupt it and tell it to boot Sysnand. This keeps you in the sandbox and running things to prevent your Switch from talking to Ninty (specifically exosphere and dns:mitm…all in the guide.)

So yeah…you got the idea. When instructions say delete we translate that to move/rename so we keep the data. We want to create a sandbox for testing some things and preserve what you have now so you can get back if you chose to do so in the future.

I feel like that's what I'm looking for end game. The dual boot. I haven't had it set up in forever, but doesn't sxos have where you can dock the switch with a hdd attached loaded up with games?
It sure does and it’s cool as hell, but it can’t do it with the later games so boot into AMS for the new stuff is awesome as well.
Also seems that fat32 is the way to go for the sd card. I guess I need to learn more about that since I'm sitting here with a bunch of 15gb xci's on my card.
Yes, you will want FAT32 on yiur SDCard. The installers will take handle the FAT32 4G file size limit for you seamlessly. You’ll never know it’s there.

On your external HDD your Switch will only be reading from it so it’s OK to do exfat without the risk of the crappy Switch drivers corrupting your disk. Your SDCard has homebrew writing to it so there are cases where you can easily corrupt your SDCard.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: ix3u

ix3u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So first things first, I think I'm going to try and rebuild my BOOTs. I ran across some more info and maybe it won't be as difficult as I originally thought. This video seems pretty straight forward. I just need a copy of the firmware that I'm currently on in order to pull the boot files right?

So if it's as easy as that, then I've new boot files. I guess the proper order of things to do would be
-update sxos to 3.1
-create nand backup? should definitely do this right. better now than not how it if I can't find my old backup?
-create emunand
-flash the boot files and see if it...
A. bricks - no big deal because of emunand right? I guess delete and make another one and try something else
B. works-
-update to OFW 11 and make another emunand of that(?) since it's the highest sxos can go.
-back all of that up
-reformat to fat32
-figure out the next steps. dual boot, usb installs, ect

Last edited by ix3u,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So first things first, I think I'm going to try and rebuild my BOOTs. I ran across some more info and maybe it won't be as difficult as I originally thought. This video seems pretty straight forward. I just need a copy of the firmware that I'm currently on in order to pull the boot files right?

So if it's as easy as that, then I've new boot files. I guess the proper order of things to do would be
-update sxos to 3.1
-create nand backup? should definitely do this right. better now than not how it if I can't find my old backup?
-create emunand
-flash the boot files and see if it...
A. bricks - no big deal because of emunand right? I guess delete and make another one and try something else
B. works-
-update to OFW 11 and make another emunand of that(?) since it's the highest sxos can go.
-back all of that up
-reformat to fat32
-figure out the next steps. dual boot, usb installs, ect

I would create a backup of your Sysnand before doing anything. Other than that…a solid plan.
I heard there’s some dude that calls himself Darthsternie that collects firmware.

Reactions: ix3u and zxr750j

ix3u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
👍🏻 I ran across that guy the other day.
So if I back my sysnand, and then make an emunand, restore the boots, and everything works... Then I'll want to go ahead and delete both the backup and emunand because they will have been made from a nand with a junk boot0 correct? And then re backup and re emunand with it fixed?

So first I'll backup sysnand, make emunand, set that in Hekate to always boot emunand, and then when I try and restore the boot0 in Hekate (I'm expecting it to work, but planning like it won't) and it won't boot up, I can just boot back into Hekate and replace my emunand with a back up copy of emunand and try other things right? Or at least that in a nutshell?

Reactions: binkinator

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup your SysNand and your EmuNAND. Trust me. This tutorial will take you to your end game of Dual hidden partition EmuNANDS to have Atmosphere and SXOS running off the same SD.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

No real need to rebuild your sysfiles if your EmuNAND is functional. It is technically a backup. We can convert it, back it up , shrink it. I assume your EmuNAND is hidden partition type. This is less prone to corruption so this is good. Read my tutorial from start to finish. Ask me if you have questions.

i still access SXOS for XCI and USB loading and then go to Atmo for newer games. My setup is below:

OFW : 12.0 - not touching this anymore as any more pass this point will break SXOS

I have this setup as i don't want to lost access in USB LOADING and XCI loading for older games. Newer games will only work in Atmo now due to its firmware requirement.

You can have your OFW (SysNAND) on any firmware and still boot SXOS. Thats what the SXOS EmuNAND is for. I had mine setup for FakeNEWS until a month or so ago. Now I restored my online EmuNAND to my SysNAND.it's up to date and SX Boots fine. (Yes, you can go online in a EmuNAND if it is 100% clean, doing it for years.)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup your SysNand and your EmuNAND. Trust me. This tutorial will take you to your end game of Dual hidden partition EmuNANDS to have Atmosphere and SXOS running off the same SD.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

No real need to rebuild your sysfiles if your EmuNAND is functional. It is technically a backup. We can convert it, back it up , shrink it. I assume your EmuNAND is hidden partition type. This is less prone to corruption so this is good. Read my tutorial from start to finish. Ask me if you have questions.

You can have your OFW (SysNAND) on any firmware and still boot SXOS. Thats what the SXOS EmuNAND is for. I had mine setup for FakeNEWS until a month or so ago. Now I restored my online EmuNAND to my SysNAND.it's up to date and SX Boots fine. (Yes, you can go online in a EmuNAND if it is 100% clean, doing it for years.)
Hey man. I only said your name twice. You’re supposed to wait for the third time!

Welcome to the party! Hopefully we’ll get through the potential Choi Boot 0/1 ish and get a working Emunand going. Then we can add to the ranks of the dual boot gang with the best of both worlds!
👍🏻 I ran across that guy the other day.
Noice! ;-)
So if I back my sysnand, and then make an emunand, restore the boots,

and everything works...
THIS line is the decision maker…
Then I'll want to go ahead and delete both the backup and emunand because they will have been made from a nand with a junk boot0 correct? And then re backup and re emunand with it fixed?
Correct. I just want to make sure that whatever we do we can get back to the prior state. It’s just 32G of “wasted space” for insurance.

The one caveat in this whole thing is since we don’t have a known good, unmolested backup I don’t think we’ll ever be clean enough to 100% confidently go Online. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there.
So first I'll backup sysnand, make emunand, set that in Hekate to always boot emunand, and then when I try and restore the boot0 in Hekate (I'm expecting it to work, but planning like it won't) and it won't boot up, I can just boot back into Hekate and replace my emunand with a back up copy of emunand and try other things right? Or at least that in a nutshell?
Yes, this is the correct next steps and mind set! Regardless of what happens, we’ll get somewhere that you’re happy with.

ix3u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it sounds like I'm saying something, and then immediately after saying something contradictory or possibly something that doesn't make sense, or is painfully obvious to everyone, it's because I've had a "revelation" about something and am basically just saying it out loud to get verification that I am in fact correct. Or very wrong.
Thanks for the input Mike! I Binki linked to your tutorial yesterday so I have already given it a read through. Still don't understand it all, but things are starting to either jog my memory or fall in to place as far as how all this works. You said that OFW can be anything (I remember back in the day you would want it as high as sxos would support so you could get as much stuff as possible working). BUT: with the emunand, it doesn't make any difference? Chrisisx said past 12 breaks sx, but you're saying it doesn't. I'm assuming since you have a huge tutorial about setting everything up "perfectly" that you're probably right on this one.

So here is everything falling in to place. So OFW on the sysnand doesn't matter at all correct? I can just leave it on 8.0.0 because I'm not going to use it for anything... Well I guess it would matter to boot into it to play online... I was looking though some of the newer games last night and not really sure I care about online gameplay that much, so not that big of an issue. Is thereany other benefit of being on the sysnand that I don't know about?

So assuming I'm right with the sysnand FW not really mattering ATM I'll
-sysnand backup
-emunand
-update emunand to OFW 11.0.0 for sxos
-copy of emunand for AMS. see if it boots with the boot0 thats already there (if not try a restore). I'm not 100% sure what to think of the comment in the rentry page about choi corrupting the boot0 so atm won't be able to boot the sysnand. All the things I saw online about it corrupting it made it sound like it borked the switch right away and you couldn't do anything without restoring the boot0 right then. Where as the way I take it, it's messed up, but works with how my system is set up right now, and if I just switched to atm, it wouldn't work without a restore?
-???
-profit

I know there are steps in your tutorial about how to set up each of the emunands and partition sizes and types, but I think as a jumping off point, this will get me more familiar with the whole everything before delving into that. I'm sure I'll have questions for you though.

This should be a couple hours of backing up and creating things so should be a good nights work. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I'll post back either way.

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving! I'm definitely thankful for all the help!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it sounds like I'm saying something, and then immediately after saying something contradictory or possibly something that doesn't make sense, or is painfully obvious to everyone, it's because I've had a "revelation" about something and am basically just saying it out loud to get verification that I am in fact correct. Or very wrong.
Thanks for the input Mike! I Binki linked to your tutorial yesterday so I have already given it a read through. Still don't understand it all, but things are starting to either jog my memory or fall in to place as far as how all this works. You said that OFW can be anything (I remember back in the day you would want it as high as sxos would support so you could get as much stuff as possible working). BUT: with the emunand, it doesn't make any difference? Chrisisx said past 12 breaks sx, but you're saying it doesn't. I'm assuming since you have a huge tutorial about setting everything up "perfectly" that you're probably right on this one.
11.0.0 is the limit for SXOS. This is not an opinion…it’s the law! The last update was made to work with this version of FW/libnx. Anything to the contrary is a misunderstanding on the part of the speaker or the listener. Mike’s tut obeys the law. He is talking about Sysnand/OFW when he says it can be anything.
So here is everything falling in to place. So OFW on the sysnand doesn't matter at all correct?
100% correct. Sysnand can be on anything and boot into OFW. It doesn’t matter.
I can just leave it on 8.0.0 because I'm not going to use it for anything... Well I guess it would matter to boot into it to play online... I was looking though some of the newer games last night and not really sure I care about online gameplay that much, so not that big of an issue. Is thereany other benefit of being on the sysnand that I don't know about?
Online play…that’s it, really.
So assuming I'm right with the sysnand FW not really mattering ATM I'll
-sysnand backup
-emunand
-update emunand to OFW 11.0.0 for sxos
-copy of emunand for AMS. see if it boots with the boot0 thats already there (if not try a restore). I'm not 100% sure what to think of the comment in the rentry page about choi corrupting the boot0 so atm won't be able to boot the sysnand. All the things I saw online about it corrupting it made it sound like it borked the switch right away and you couldn't do anything without restoring the boot0 right then. Where as the way I take it, it's messed up, but works with how my system is set up right now, and if I just switched to atm, it wouldn't work without a restore?
Let’s try it on an emunand and find out.
-???
-profit

I know there are steps in your tutorial about how to set up each of the emunands and partition sizes and types, but I think as a jumping off point, this will get me more familiar with the whole everything before delving into that. I'm sure I'll have questions for you though.

This should be a couple hours of backing up and creating things so should be a good nights work. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I'll post back either way.

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving! I'm definitely thankful for all the help!
Let’s get an e,unand working using Atmosphere first. Once we get that done we can jump into the dual boot. Small simple wins working up to the more complex…that’s my typical approach.

ix3u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small wins are exactly what I'm going for at this point. Got my backup of sysnand made and using sxos made an emunand. Backing those up now which is going to take awhile to move to my computer, also going to grab my keys with lockpick. Then after backing everything else up on sd card, going to format it fat32. Is there something in hekate that'll format? I don't think I have a microsd adapter with me. Also, I keep seeing everyone talking about taking the card out to move things around. Is there any reason to do that instead of just mounting it through the switch with a usb? Seemed weird so thought I'd ask. After formatting, is it as easy as just putting mysxos folder that has the emunand in it back on the sd card or is there more to it than that? Is checkpoint still a winner for backing up savedata?

Probably my biggest question so far though... What's everyone enjoying playing these days? Any good multi player local games I can play with the kids (besides Mario cart)

Thanks Hayato, that's the third time that tutorial has been posted so far! Must be a winner!

Reactions: binkinator

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I have this setup as i dont want to lost access in USB LOADING and XCI loading for older games. Newer games will only work in Atmo now due to its firmware requirement.
Like I get it...I have similar setup with 2 SD cards but complaining about storage with a 400gb for SXOS? Why the hell you would need USB loading for? Do you play how many games at the same time... I have a emunand with just a few Gbs on a 128gb SD Card to run SXOS and XCI loading...if the point is loading theres no need for that much storage...

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small wins are exactly what I'm going for at this point.

👍🏿

Got my backup of sysnand made and using sxos made an emunand. Backing those up now which is going to take awhile to move to my computer, also going to grab my keys with lockpick. Then after backing everything else up on sd card, going to format it fat32. Is there something in hekate that'll format? I don't think I have a microsd adapter with me. Also, I keep seeing everyone talking about taking the card out to move things around. Is there any reason to do that instead of just mounting it through the switch with a usb? Seemed weird so thought I'd ask. After formatting, is it as easy as just putting mysxos folder that has the emunand in it back on the sd card or is there more to it than that? Is checkpoint still a winner for backing up savedata?

Progress. Good deal!
Hekate has a built in formatting tool. It will do the deal just fine.

Hekate will also turn the Switch into a giant SDCard reader so you are in luck. Removing the SDCard and reinserting it into the fragile SDCard reader all the time is not a good idea.

Probably my biggest question so far though... What's everyone enjoying playing these days? Any good multi player local games I can play with the kids (besides Mario cart)

Me and my 10 year old played this a lot:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/snipperclips-cut-it-out-together-switch/

Very interesting coop game where yiu have to work together to complete the puzzles.

Thanks Hayato, that's the third time that tutorial has been posted so far! Must be a winner!
😂
Mike’s guide is the shit. There are a lot of deep level concepts that went into it that are all pulled together in one place.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Normally i don't recommend to use videos because always are outdated, but the problem about Boot0 is so old and nothing changed on time, you can use the instructions on to generate a clean Boot0 for your mariko hardware.

searched the same instructions here on GBATemp but no avail.

ix3u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear Impeeza. That's the guide I used to make new boots... I haven't tried restoring them yet, but that'll be on the docket soon

Thanks for the recommendations guys. Binki, that looks super fun. My kids are a litle older than yours, but regarless of age, a good puzzle game is tough to beat. Hayato, I do enjoy some SSB and I remember the old Mario party's being fun. I'll look into those!

I'm kind of stumped here https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND
Looking at step 3, you copy and paste all the stuff into the hekate.ini and since I'm trying to set it up with sxos instead of atmosphere for the time being, I'm not sure what to do with the bottom section. What I'll change is in red, change to is in blue. At least that is my intention. let me know if that's totally wrong

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0
[Atmosphere CFW change to SXOS CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin change to SX_Loader.bin and obviously switch the file out
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp make a new .bmp for this
[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3 I don't understand what this is so don't know what to change it to
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Edit: cleared out a bunch of stupid questions/comments.
What I need to know is: what does "fss0" mean in the last section above? and what does package3 in atmosphere boot? There doesn't seem to be an equivalent in sxos... So I feel like it's just to boot into sysnand so I'll cross that bridge later.

How do I tell if I'm on enunand in sxos? people are saying it should say it when you go to the album, but mine looks the same as it did before. It says it's enabled in hekate so I see no reason to think that it isn't. I followed all the steps on the rentry link I posted above so should be good I guess?

Last edited by ix3u,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol