kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
my friend just gave me his psp so I could enjoy some games like Kingdom hearts Birth By sleep. I was wondering if I can update the softmod or cfw whatever its called. The cfw is 5.50 gen-d3 if it helps.

If by an chance someone could offer me the best gba emulator since the wiki in the stick shows 3 of them?

Also can a psp theme brick a psp at all? Cause I want to get some Kingdom Hearts or mario themes to spice up the look of it.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Change the version.txt back to 5.50 (google up some guides) and then update it to the latest firmware. Download the latest PRO custom firmware for the corresponding OFW, and launch it.

Best GBA emulator would be gpSP. Whether you're getting the -J build or the Kai build, it doesn't really matter, since they're all (mostly) the same, compatibility-wise.

Make sure you don't FLASH the theme on later 2000, all 3000 and N1000 models, otherwise, yes you will brick your psp.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Change the version.txt back to 5.50 (google up some guides) and then update it to the latest firmware. Download the latest PRO custom firmware for the corresponding OFW, and launch it.

Best GBA emulator would be gpSP. Whether you're getting the -J build or the Kai build, it doesn't really matter, since they're all (mostly) the same, compatibility-wise.

Make sure you don't FLASH the theme on later 2000, all 3000 and N1000 models, otherwise, yes you will brick your psp.
It'd be best if you used Hellcat's to go back to 5.00, then upgrade to 6.20, then install a CFW based on 6.20. Pretty sure that's what I was told anyways. Updating to the latest firmware isn't always the best idea for any kind of exploitable device.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP

It'd be best if you used Hellcat's to go back to 5.00, then upgrade to 6.20, then install a CFW based on 6.20. Pretty sure that's what I was told anyways. Updating to the latest firmware isn't always the best idea for any kind of exploitable device.
1. If he could use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, there's no reason why he could not install a cIPL version of 6.60 PRO
2. PSP firmware support is pretty much over. Don't expect any more firmware, Sony knows that the PSP is entirely broken and not worth the money to fix like they did from 5.x -> 6.x

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Themes can't brick, unless you're stupid and install them in flash0. Do not install them in flash0. Do not touch flash0 manually.

1. If he could use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, there's no reason why he could not install a cIPL version of 6.60 PRO
Just to nitpick, the softmod guide involves running hellcat's like normal homebrew, NOT from a pandora, so it can be used to flash 5.00 on PSPs that can't have a cIPL installed.

However if he's on any 5.50 GEN his PSP can cIPL.

Reactions: 1 person

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If it helps its a psp 2000 so if i reflash my psp do I lose stuff liek saves?

I heard you can unbrick a psp if its old enough. I was wondering how in case something goes wrong. Man I know so much about wii hacking but not for psp. Is homebrew like the same where u put in a certain file and rename to boot.dol? Is there like a dfu mode or something for psp?

PS. kinda unrealted but anyone know where they sell cheap psp 2000 batteries. so impossible to find in retail stores but I can order online if I have to.

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

I heard there was a version 6.61 that was unhackable though?

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher to install firmware 5 then hack with v6.60 and i am done right? Anybody can recommend me some homebrew or give me a site wtih some plz?

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bi
visa works with paypal.
but i though paypal like quit on accepting visa gift cards.

Also does anyone have a solution for this? My psp battery seems to be bricked. The psp wont trun on but the green light stays. However I can turn on my psp without the battery and then insert it after and it works fine. Even shows the battery icon full on the top right corner and I even was able to finish a system update with it.
The only problem is the psp wont turn on when it has the battery in it.

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Srry for bumping but I have an urgent problem whenever I click on one of the settings it freezes and then shuts down however loading isos work fine. Like system settings and the important feature usb connection shuts down the psp.

Edit:nvm after a few reboots every works... weird also is there ;like a recovery mode and some homebrew hacks or something to enhance like how the wii has priilaoder hacks?

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyway to unpandora it? or should I just keep it pandoraed and buy a new clean battery?

Also does gpSP-J 110402 support gbc games as well or do I have to get a separate emulator for that too and if I do which one?

P.S. for some strange reaosn everything works now except for the battery. Guess all I needed was a few reboots. Also I heard theres a recovery mode?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: they don't really taste like cotton candy but i guess they don't need to