Hacking how to update cia games?

bomboy2121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
as the title said, i downloaded games from villan3ds and i saw theres also updates there as well.
can i update it from the store? or can i update it with those update cia?and how?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as the title said, i downloaded games from villan3ds and i saw theres also updates there as well.
can i update it from the store? or can i update it with those update cia?and how?
if you have the update cia just install it with fbi

D

Deleted User

There is the possibilty for Nintendo to ban your 3ds from their server if you try to update your cia.

Reactions: Hayato213

Exannor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you download the update separately?

As in, go to the eshop, search for the title that you want to update and then scroll through till you find the update, pull that and then transfer it into a .cia file that FBI can download?

I swear I saw it somewhere that you could, but I'm still on 11.7 so I can't check to see if that actually works

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There are "type 1" and "type 2" updates

Type 1 is the one with an update pack (every game that has a physical version is this kind): it works by downloading an update pack (title id 0004000E-*)
They are free to download, so you can download them directly from Home (I don't think the ticket is verified, but if you installed an older update pack from a nonlegit source and it now fails to download, simply remove the old ticket and try again)

Type 2 is where the application is completely redownloaded (example: Youtube for O3DS)
Obviously these can't be downloaded from eShop servers if you don't have a valid ticket (it will just fail)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in