ROM Hack How to translate a game after decrypting it?

Skyleft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've decrypted a game since I wanted to translate it to Italian, but the script files are all messy and with a .lua extension. Even when I open them they seem corrupted or something. Is there something I'm skipping or there's no way?

Skyleft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Really now? Well I definitely haven't seen a lot of people talking about it. Anyway, can I have luck with the original topic?

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like the scripts are compiled. Try reading psy_commando's post about how to decompile them (guide written for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon):
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/s...-And-Utilities&p=207140&viewfull=1#post207140

If it's anything like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, the actual dialog will be stored in another file, but it's probably best to see what's in the scripts before making assumptions.

[Edit]
Wait, it's published by Chunsoft. It might actually be the same format.

Skyleft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like the scripts are compiled. Try reading psy_commando's post about how to decompile them (guide written for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon):
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/s...-And-Utilities&p=207140&viewfull=1#post207140

If it's anything like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, the actual dialog will be stored in another file, but it's probably best to see what's in the scripts before making assumptions.

[Edit]
Wait, it's published by Chunsoft. It might actually be the same format.
I'm trying right now to make it work, but I'd like to ask something else that you might know the answer to as well. VLR was basically the only game braindump didn't want to decrypt, since it froze whenever I selected it. I managed to decrypt it anyway, but not with braindump. That would be fine, but it seems that the same thing is happening now with Hans, since I can't open VLR with it, but I can open every other game.
Do you have any idea why that'd happen, or if I can fix it?

D

Deleted User

Well, you use Google Translate of course.

Scrolling through the Lua files, is there anything that looks like normal Lua script, or is the whole thing just a mess? If it's the former, it could be that the file is encoded in something like SHIFT-JIS.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
It's a compiled lua script, but unluac.jar doesn't do anything with it for some reason. In PMD: GTI and PSMD (both published by Spike Chunsoft), they can be decompiled and recompiled using unluac.jar and luac.exe, respectively. Maybe LVR doesn't use Lua 5.1 like Mystery Dungeon?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, then play it