Status
Not open for further replies.

How to transfer PC photos to a 3ds and possibly a switch

How to import photo's from a laptop to a computer
Greetings and welcome to my first tutorial in this tutorial you will learn how to take a picture from your laptop and put it on the 3ds nintendo camera
and for those who do not have homebrew do not worry you can do this with or without homebrew the main reason i made this tutorial is this seemed to be a big problem online so here is the step by step process

Step.1.Power on your 3ds/2ds and open the Nintendo 3ds camera then take a picture.

Step.2.Power off your 3ds/2ds and insert your SD card into your laptop and from your SD card navigate to DCIM\100NIN03 in this folder you should see your picture if not simply look in all the folders in DCIM once you have found your photo take note of its number mine is named HNI_0040 now right click it and then select properties and then details now look for its dimensions mine are 640x480

Step.3.find the picture you wish to put on the 3ds/2ds and open it into a photo program such as Krita or Windows Live now resize the photo to under or at 640x480 BUT NOT BELOW also make sure it is in jpeg format now save the photo but rename it EXAMPLE say the photo on your 3ds/2ds is named HNI_0040 rename the photo you wish to import onto the 3ds/2ds HNI_0041

Step.4.Place the photo in one of the folders in DCIM eject the SD card power on your 3ds/2ds open Nintendo 3ds Camera an veiw your picture

and that concludes the guide if you have questions or a suggestion please put your comment below also this may work on a switch i don't have one but its worth a try i found this works good with the luma 3ds screenshot function.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How to import photo's from a laptop to a computer
Greetings and welcome to my first tutorial in this tutorial you will learn how to take a picture from your laptop and put it on the 3ds nintendo camera
and for those who do not have homebrew do not worry you can do this with or without homebrew the main reason i made this tutorial is this seemed to be a big problem online so here is the step by step process

Step.1.Power on your 3ds/2ds and open the Nintendo 3ds camera then take a picture.

Step.2.Power off your 3ds/2ds and insert your SD card into your laptop and from your SD card navigate to DCIM\100NIN03 in this folder you should see your picture if not simply look in all the folders in DCIM once you have found your photo take note of its number mine is named HNI_0040 now right click it and then select properties and then details now look for its dimensions mine are 640x480

Step.3.find the picture you wish to put on the 3ds/2ds and open it into a photo program such as Krita or Windows Live now resize the photo to under or at 640x480 BUT NOT BELOW also make sure it is in jpeg format now save the photo but rename it EXAMPLE say the photo on your 3ds/2ds is named HNI_0040 rename the photo you wish to import onto the 3ds/2ds HNI_0041

Step.4.Place the photo in one of the folders in DCIM eject the SD card power on your 3ds/2ds open Nintendo 3ds Camera an veiw your picture

and that concludes the guide if you have questions or a suggestion please put your comment below also this may work on a switch i don't have one but its worth a try i found this works good with the luma 3ds screenshot function.

Just a suggestion. Each folder only holds 100 photos. So HNI_0001 to HNI_0100. After that a new folder within the DCIM folder is made so it starts at 100NIN03 and proceeds to 101NIN03 which the photos in that folder are stored within sets of 100 named the same as the previous folder HNI_0001 - HNI_0100 and continues in that fashion with each new XXXNIN03 folder that is made.

D

Deleted User

OP
Okay thanks did you find this guide helpful?

Last edited by ,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ