Hacking How to tell if banned without going online with Switch?

rgrdnr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi -

I used layeredfs when it first came, had errors, was probably online for a bit, then deleted internet settings and have been off line for weeks. Is it possible to check to see if it is banned via the website or other means without having the switch go online? I want to buy another switch and am unsure if i linked my same user-id to that switch if that new one would be banned as well...

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just login, remove your user, make a throwaway user.

If you intend to buy a new switch anyway, you have nothing to lose with this one.

rgrdnr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your intention is to check whether or not you're banned without risking a ban, that's impossible.
that's what I figured....

if the hacked switch is banned, is that nin account also banned on other switches that haven't been modified?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what I figured....

if the hacked switch is banned, is that nin account also banned on other switches that haven't been modified?
Depends on how aggressive Nintendo is with pursuing bans. In most cases, the account is not banned as it also contains purchases you have accrued with your own money over the years. Nintendo does not ban accounts unless the banning offence was severe such as playing a game before the launch date. In any event, if you want to keep those purchases safe as well as any consoles associated with that account, un-link it ASAP.

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe you can call Nintendo and say you're getting the error # (error for banned consoles), they'll either confirm it if it's true or say they see no issues with your account on their end maybe provide troubleshooting tips, but at least by then you'll know.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe you can call Nintendo and say you're getting the error # (error for banned consoles), they'll either confirm it if it's true or say they see no issues with your account on their end maybe provide troubleshooting tips, but at least by then you'll know.

With all due respect, I don't think that's a good idea. That's like, turning on the yellow light on your account.

Reactions: b1ackcoffee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill