KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi there,

I want to know that is there any way to stick ds profile exploit on O3ds XL?

I want to play ds games and it gets really very frustrating to install the ds profile again and again.
So, is there any way to stick ds profile exploit?

Thanks for replying!
Hoping for a quick reply! :)

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
What do you mean? If you install GW Profile exploit it remains forever, only firmwares 4.x; and you can downgrade your 3DS. Profile exploit will be removed if you'll use a DS cartridge (even flashcards)

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
What do you mean? If you install GW Profile exploit it remains forever, only firmwares 4.x; and you can downgrade your 3DS. Profile exploit will be removed if you'll use a DS cartridge (even flashcards)
Yup, I know that..
I want to ask that "Is there any way to stick ds profile exploit so that we can play ds games without having to install the ds profile exploit again"....

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It seems to be a side effect of GW's rop chain for the New 3DS.
Apprently if you install it, clear it by running a DS game, change something in the DS profile and then install it once more, it won't be wiped by running DS games ever again.

Reactions: Margen67

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Margen67 and KJ1

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be a side effect of GW's rop chain for the New 3DS.
Apprently if you install it, clear it by running a DS game, change something in the DS profile and then install it once more, it won't be wiped by running DS games ever again.
I think he means O3DS, not N3DS:
I want to know that is there any way to stick ds profile exploit on O3ds XL?
I am not sure if there is such a way to let it stick on O3DS. So... yeah. :(

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think he means O3DS, not N3DS:

I am not sure if there is such a way to let it stick on O3DS. So... yeah. :(

Until someone makes a proper analysis, we are not yet certain if it's something related to the N3DS different software/hardware or to Gateway's N3DS exclusive mset rop chain.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine that on the boot of TWL_FIRM, it checks the validity of the ds profile settings. The ROP i'm guessing, obviously corrupts it, but it must not be corrupted in the places that get checked in TWL. Was it confirmed if you can safely use DS games in Emunand, and not have it wipe the MSET? My systems all have Sysnand and Emunand linked

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine that on the boot of TWL_FIRM, it checks the validity of the ds profile settings. The ROP i'm guessing, obviously corrupts it, but it must not be corrupted in the places that get checked in TWL. Was it confirmed if you can safely use DS games in Emunand, and not have it wipe the MSET? My systems all have Sysnand and Emunand linked

EMUNand does not use a virtual TWL_FIRM, so it will reboot into the real TWL_FIRM regardless of if you are in EMUNand or not.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I think the NAND to SD redirection only works for 3DS software right now. Patching TWL_FIRM probably requires an exploit like Sudokuhax.

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Thanks for the replies guys, I do hope that someone found something like this for O3ds....

I am still waiting for replies! :)

If you use a flash cart that runs Wood, just add it to your "favorites" and run it before closing.
This seems to be the easiest way I think, as of now! :)

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Fairly sure making the profile exploit stick is N3DS exclusive.

There is a way to host the files you use for launching via the browser on a Wifi SD card though.
I've never seen this card before. You can connect to it via wifi?
So basically use this sd in 3ds, place webpage and files, connect via internet settings then set browser bookmark to http://wifiIP/gwexploit.php?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen this card before. You can connect to it via wifi?
So basically use this sd in 3ds, place webpage and files, connect via internet settings then set browser bookmark to http://wifiIP/gwexploit.php?

I don't know exactly how it works, I don't own an O3DS, nor have I tried it on one.
But, i've seen a couple posts around here that confirm that it does indeed work (along with the one provided in my post)
From my understanding, it basically turns the SD into a mini private server.

From the link provided before, to use:

Just plop that thing into the 3DS SD Slot, connect your 3DS to it, and visit http:/mysdcard/gateway/ (with proper files already setup)

So you'd bookmark the url above I guess.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
you know, I've been wondering if that will ever work since spider exploit came out.

appears that it is something that is very possible, plausible to say the least, people were able to make ftp/telnet work.

i simple http server that casts the spider exploit would be awesome.
Code:
https://www.pitt-pladdy.com/blog/_20140202-083815_0000_Transcend_Wi-Fi_SD_Hacks_CF_adaptor_telnet_custom_upload_/

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, I was never able to get exploit to stick on my N3DS XL. It's strange, I followed all of the steps, and it will stick for a little while, but eventually (like a week later; maybe 3 attempts at playing a DS or DSi game) and the exploit goes away. It's so strange! I never saw anyone else reporting this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night