Lastly

Tempin' at the speed of sound
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day everyone,

I have tried to fix my problems literally for days work. I searched and tried the best I could. I would be extremely grateful for any help/leads.

Okay, originally I have a PSBreak dongle and jailbroken my PS3. I tried soft-modding my PS3, but a problem was link to another! But before continuing, here is my status of my PS3 before attempting this to softmod:

QUOTE said:
PS3 - before attempting
Firmware: 3.41
Soft-modded: No
Jailbroken (dongle) - Yes (PSBreak)
Homebrew: Yes

First of all, I tried to update my firmware to 3.55 OFW via a external USB. I tried multiples time and it always pop out an error stating, "The data is corrupted" or something of the similar line. Frustrated after so many days, I tried upgrading to the latest version (3.60 OFW) and still it doesn't work with "The data is corrupted" line. After some time, I tried to upgrade to 3.55 OFW again and it finish loading as usual and then afterwards, the screen flash to the same error again: "The data is corrupted". This time, I jump to recovery mode and upgrade through there and again I encounter the same problem. I swapped the internal hard drive and it still doesn't work. Therefore, I reformat that hard drive to FAT32. I reattempted updating through recovery mode and yet it fails again. But this time, after rebooting the PS3, this screen pop out:

img0972400x300.jpg

Please excuse the quality, I took the picture from another source (Google Image).
Anyway, after turning on the PS3, even after numbers of time, this screen would pop out. I try pressing the PS button and it again reboot to this screen. Recovery mode can still be accessed, but it is still futile. This is what happen if I click on each of the option with the 2nd hard drive:

QUOTE said:
2nd Hard Drive - Recovery Mode Results
QUOTE said:
1. Restart System --> Can't access Hard Disk.
2. Restore Default Settings --> Can't access Hard Disk.
3. Restore File System --> Can't access Hard Disk.
4. Rebuild Database --> Can't access Hard Disk.
5. Restore PS3 System --> Can't access Hard Disk.
6. System Update --> Can't access Hard Disk.

All of them cannot access the hard disk. Originally the hard drive was NTFS, but since that can't be accessed through the PS3, I reformat it to FAT32. The result above is the result for the FAT32. So I swapped out the 2nd hard drive with the one I used originally. Here are the results:

2nd Hard Drive - Recovery Mode Results
1. Restart System --> Did not try yet because of time constraint.
2. Restore Default Settings --> Did not try yet because of time constraint.
3. Restore File System --> Did not try yet because of time constraint.
4. Rebuild Database --> Did not try yet because of time constraint.

5. Restore PS3 System --> Restore runs and then jump back to the "Software cannot be run" screen
6. System Update --> Updating to 3.55 OFW would jump back to the "Software cannot be run" screen and please upgrade to 3.56

The problem with updating to 3.56 or higher is that I would lose to ability to use homebrew! Putting in either 3.55 OFW or 3.55 CFW would jump back to the "Software cannot be run"! It would run a checkup before jumping to that screen though. Even now, I can't access my xmb. No matter what button combination I do with or without recovery mode, I can't access my original firmware! I can't run anything now!

So of all days of hardwork, I have been trying to install 3.55 OFW and that is official and I ran into this error! I haven't even attempted installing any CFW except once after the problem is encountered so I have no idea what I did wrong. Please and please help me. I'm trying to revert back to 3.41 by least and at least access games or the XMB. If anyone can even extend that and help update to 3.55 and jump out of this mess, I would be greatly grateful and thankful. Thank you for reading this giant post and even more thankful for all your help.

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you have the official 3.55 and it wasn't tampered with? Also, the ps3 firmware isn't on the hard drive so replacing it won't do much. I'm assuming you're trying to use an external HDD to update since you said external usb. If you are, then use a flash/thumb drive instead

Lastly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jehuty25 said:
Are you sure you have the official 3.55 and it wasn't tampered with? Also, the ps3 firmware isn't on the hard drive so replacing it won't do much. I'm assuming you're trying to use an external HDD to update since you said external usb. If you are, then use a flash/thumb drive instead
Thank you for the reply. I'm not completely sure if the firmware had been tampered with. I downloaded the firmware from the "How to softmod" thread. And yes, I have tried using a thumb stick and attempted recovering in recovery mode system update. Am I suppose to do that or should I update through a special method? Again, thank you so much for trying to help me. I greatly appreciate it. (:

Lastly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nicole Luyben said:
can you Update throught Online, just a thought ? is is a method ?
Is this possible? Could I update through the recovery menu and still stay on 3.55? Thank for this suggestion, but do you know if this is possible through recovery mode?

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK, the best way to install firmware on the ps3 is with a thumb drive. Yeah you can install FW in recovery mode, try that. But you'll have to be on 3.41 first.

Lastly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jehuty25 said:
AFAIK, the best way to install firmware on the ps3 is with a thumb drive. Yeah you can install FW in recovery mode, try that. But you'll have to be on 3.41 first.
Is restoring 3.41 from 3.55 possible since they ask for 3.56 or higher? Could you please guide me? Thank you so much!

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
if you had a 3.55 downgarded to 3.41

it fakes the ps3 to 3.56

so you needed to downgarde a 2nd time
to a FW under 3.41
then upgrade to 3.41
to get the it to normal 3.41

you may be suck updating to an unhackable FW

Gameplayer9198

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SERVICE MODE DOWNGRADING - 3.55 Lv2diag.self Working

READ the comments and info
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
How to downgrade
You need to have a usb jailbreak dongle with service mode hex installed so you can enter service mode !!!

1. Insert jailbreak device that has been reprogrammed as downgrader into your console
2. Turn on the console using the same boot method as all other jailbreaks: Press power then immediately press eject. Your console will turn on
3. Turn off system via menu
4. Remove jailbreak dongle and turn on console to make sure you are in Factory Service Mode. You will see a huge red box on the screen saying Factory Service Mode.
5. Load any blank FAT32 USB flash drive device with 2 files in the root directory:
1. Modified 3.41 PUP
2. Lv2Diag.self (File 1)
6. These must be the only files on the USB key and must be placed in the main (root) directory.
7. Insert flash drive into the last USB port to the right — the first USB port in from the right side if you’re facing the console. Turn the PS3 on and you will see black screen but the PS3 HDD light will flash.
8. The process takes 3-4 minutes for the system to install the old firmware. Towards the end, the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.
9. Remove the flash drive and turn on the console, you will still be in Factory Service Mode. Please verify you have downgraded successfully to version 3.41 by going to "System Information".
10. Insert USB flash drive back into your PC and delete the PUP and Lv2Diag.self file (File 1) and copy the other Lv2Diag.self (File 2) to the root of the flash drive.
11. Insert USB flash drive back into the same USB port on the PS3 and power on your PS3. After 10 seconds it will power off.
12. Remove USB flash drive and turn on your console again. You will be out of factory service mode and back in retail mode with your chosen firmware version installed. You will need to go through setting up settings configuration.

here is a diff 3.55 OFW to try
a 3.15 OFW to go down to so you can update back

Lastly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It finally works! I'm on 3.55 CFW. With my deepest gratitude, thank you everyone! Every single post have been a great help and I can't seem to think of any other way to express my excitement right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks