Dusting off old ps3 (on rebug 4.75); Any point of updating?

lazyguy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Assuming multiman can bypass fw checks, so if that's the case, is there any point of updating my ps3?

I also thinking to upgrade internal hard drive and I'm reading posts saying to not sure ps3's built in tool. If something doesn't work, can't I just keep using the old drive?

jared_core

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Assuming multiman ...
can bypass fw checks, so if that's the case, is there any point of updating my ps3?

I also thinking to upgrade internal hard drive and I'm reading posts saying to not sure ps3's built in tool. If something doesn't work, can't I just keep using the old drive?
I got an used PS3 from a friend. It is softmodded and just that. It wasn't used in years. So I would to know how to bring it up to date and if its worth the effort.?

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no point in updating unless your goal is to play online, but if you are it's more complicated than just updating because they can and will ban your account if you're not careful.

Well you didn't say what firmware you're on if it's on a very old firmware you might want to update to play the later games that came out. The OP's is 4.75 so they don't need to update really.

Reactions: BigOnYa

jared_core

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's no point in updating unless your goal is to play online, but if you are it's more complicated than just updating because they can and will ban your account if you're not careful.

Well you didn't say what firmware you're on if it's on a very old firmware you might want to update to play the later games that came out. The OP's is 4.75 so they don't need to update really.
Thanks for your quick answer. I dont plan to play online and the PS3 is currently in box in the attic. I post as soon as I am ready to use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch