How to stay on 3.55?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Lastly, Jun 20, 2011.

Jun 20, 2011

How to stay on 3.55? by Lastly at 8:07 AM (1,773 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Lastly
    OP

Member Lastly Honorable UltimateAdmiin - Highest Rank

United States
    Good day everyone,

I have tried to fix my problems literally for days work. I searched and tried the best I could. I would be extremely grateful for any help/leads.

Okay, originally I have a PSBreak dongle and jailbroken my PS3. I tried soft-modding my PS3, but a problem was link to another! But before continuing, here is my status of my PS3 before attempting this to softmod:

The problem with updating to 3.56 or higher is that I would lose to ability to use homebrew! Putting in either 3.55 OFW or 3.55 CFW would jump back to the "Software cannot be run"! It would run a checkup before jumping to that screen though. Even now, I can't access my xmb. No matter what button combination I do with or without recovery mode, I can't access my original firmware! I can't run anything now!

So of all days of hardwork, I have been trying to install 3.55 OFW and that is official and I ran into this error! I haven't even attempted installing any CFW except once after the problem is encountered so I have no idea what I did wrong. Please and please help me. I'm trying to revert back to 3.41 by least and at least access games or the XMB. If anyone can even extend that and help update to 3.55 and jump out of this mess, I would be greatly grateful and thankful. Thank you for reading this giant post and even more thankful for all your help.

2. Jehuty25

Member Jehuty25 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are you sure you have the official 3.55 and it wasn't tampered with? Also, the ps3 firmware isn't on the hard drive so replacing it won't do much. I'm assuming you're trying to use an external HDD to update since you said external usb. If you are, then use a flash/thumb drive instead

3. Lastly
    OP

United States
    Thank you for the reply. I'm not completely sure if the firmware had been tampered with. I downloaded the firmware from the "How to softmod" thread. And yes, I have tried using a thumb stick and attempted recovering in recovery mode system update. Am I suppose to do that or should I update through a special method? Again, thank you so much for trying to help me. I greatly appreciate it. (:

4. Nicole Luyben

Newcomer Nicole Luyben Advanced Member

United States
    can you Update throught Online, just a thought ? is is a method ?

5. Lastly
    OP

United States
    Is this possible? Could I update through the recovery menu and still stay on 3.55? Thank for this suggestion, but do you know if this is possible through recovery mode?

6. Jehuty25

Member Jehuty25 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    AFAIK, the best way to install firmware on the ps3 is with a thumb drive. Yeah you can install FW in recovery mode, try that. But you'll have to be on 3.41 first.

7. Lastly
    OP

United States
    Is restoring 3.41 from 3.55 possible since they ask for 3.56 or higher? Could you please guide me? Thank you so much!

8. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    if you had a 3.55 downgarded to 3.41

it fakes the ps3 to 3.56

so you needed to downgarde a 2nd time
    to a FW under 3.41
    then upgrade to 3.41
    to get the it to normal 3.41

you may be suck updating to an unhackable FW

9. Gameplayer9198

Member Gameplayer9198 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    SERVICE MODE DOWNGRADING - 3.55 Lv2diag.self Working

READ the comments and info [​IMG]

here is a diff 3.55 OFW to try
    a 3.15 OFW to go down to so you can update back

10. Lastly
    OP

United States
    It finally works! I'm on 3.55 CFW. With my deepest gratitude, thank you everyone! Every single post have been a great help and I can't seem to think of any other way to express my excitement right now.