BenBaril

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all,

I'm able to run backups, and homebrew no problem, but for whatever reason programs like GeekBox or Mplayer cannot access my SD card. I'm thinking somewhere along the lines I made a mistake.

I didn't make a NAND backup until just recently (after this behavior) so I'm a bit out of luck there.

How can I go back to the stock Wii, and just start again? (Possibly without losing all of my save games?). This is very important to me, and I appreciate any help.

Thanks!
Ben

BenBaril

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting update: I just switched SD cards to a 2 GB card from an 8 GB card and it seems to be working well now.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sigh it hasn't to do with the Wii, but the SD... You can't do anything about it.

BenBaril

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting..but that SD card used to work fine. Any ideas what could have made it stop working?

Also interesting: I can't seem to load preloader? The error is at the top top of my screen and can't read it. Seems something to do with 'bug fixed' all the way on the right.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it used to work fine, what did you do to make it stop working?

It's very hard to help you with the information provided. But if everything is working on the Wii, and you have gotten a different card to work, I'm going to say it's a problem with the card and not the Wii.

BenBaril

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I guess you are right if it is working.

One more question: I can't (ever) seem to install Preloader. It gives an error that I cannot read (it is at the top of the screen and for some reason above where my tv ends). I can read the last two words, I think it says 'bug fixed'.

I followed the instructions to install preloader, but I think the problem is that I already have cIOS 38 rev 14 installed, and so I can't install Preloader? Is this possible, if so how do I downgrade cIOS 38, so I can install Preloader?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-