how to split Brawl?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kbf, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    You could from the GameCube's FAT32 PARTITION right?

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Huh? You need FAT32 (or exFAT if you're using Nintendont) to run GC games, too.

3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    That's what I mean, my USB stick is split 1/3rd FAT32 for GameCube, 2/3rds NTFS for Wii.

4. TailsPrower07

TailsPrower07 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    United States
    Iowa, USA
    If a file that I have is a wbfs file instead of an ISO, what should I do then? Would I still be able to do these steps or do I have to do something different? Just downloaded several games and realized they're all wbfs files.

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    yes, just do it the same way.
    even if it's already in correct format (wbfs file), it may not be named correctly (for example "Mario.wbfs" instead of "SNMP01.wbfs") and following these steps will assure you that the file is renamed and placed to the correct and expected folder for the loaders.
    it just prevent user's errors.
    It can even split a file if it's bigger than 4GB. for example you might already have a "wbfs" file for Metroid Prime trilogy, but the file can be a single 4GB+ file, the program will take care of splitting the file in two wbfs files for you, as you can't just transfer it manually on a FAT32 partition without splitting.

but you can of course do it manually, just be sure the format is correct, the game is good (not corrupted, which is checked by the tool while transfering), and i the correct folder.
    I think using the tool is easier and faster (it lists all games on both devices : PC one side, HDD on the other, with everything automated).

Last edited by Cyan, Apr 19, 2019
    TailsPrower07 and XFlak like this.