1. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer
    Developer

United States
    You could from the GameCube's FAT32 PARTITION right?

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Huh? You need FAT32 (or exFAT if you're using Nintendont) to run GC games, too.

3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer
    Developer

United States
    That's what I mean, my USB stick is split 1/3rd FAT32 for GameCube, 2/3rds NTFS for Wii.

4. TailsPrower07

TailsPrower07 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If a file that I have is a wbfs file instead of an ISO, what should I do then? Would I still be able to do these steps or do I have to do something different? Just downloaded several games and realized they're all wbfs files.

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    yes, just do it the same way.
    even if it's already in correct format (wbfs file), it may not be named correctly (for example "Mario.wbfs" instead of "SNMP01.wbfs") and following these steps will assure you that the file is renamed and placed to the correct and expected folder for the loaders.
    it just prevent user's errors.
    It can even split a file if it's bigger than 4GB. for example you might already have a "wbfs" file for Metroid Prime trilogy, but the file can be a single 4GB+ file, the program will take care of splitting the file in two wbfs files for you, as you can't just transfer it manually on a FAT32 partition without splitting.

but you can of course do it manually, just be sure the format is correct, the game is good (not corrupted, which is checked by the tool while transfering), and i the correct folder.
    I think using the tool is easier and faster (it lists all games on both devices : PC one side, HDD on the other, with everything automated).

Last edited by Cyan, Apr 19, 2019
    TailsPrower07 and XFlak like this.
  6. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I know this is a necrobump, but why the fuck is this one of the most viewed threads here!

7. crossmr

crossmr Newbie
    Newcomer

Korea, South
    what do we do if wii backup manager won't load the wbfs? I have a bunch of Korean wbfs, and it loads about 90% of them. If I manually copy them to my drive and set them up, they work fine, but smash brothers is over 4 gb, and it is one of the files that wii backup manager won't load itself.

Because it's a top google result for the issue I described above.

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    second disc image should be wbf1 iirc. it will merge the two together automatically.

upload_2020-7-31_20-24-30.png

9. crossmr

crossmr Newbie
    Newcomer

Korea, South
    You're misunderstanding. The file is 1 big wbfs, and I need to split it into 2. It's like 6.8 gb, but I need to break it so that both chunks are under 4 gb and wii backup manager won't load the file, which I'm sure is fine, it seems to have issues with some Korean games. about a dozen or so of the ones I loaded show up red, but if i manually copy them, they're fine. I just can't manually copy this because it is too big for fat 32.

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    try this:

upload_2020-7-31_20-31-11.png

11. crossmr

crossmr Newbie
    Newcomer

Korea, South
    I know how to split the file, the problem is wii backup manager won't load the file. The file is actually fine, it just refuses to load some Korean wii games. is there another app that can be used to split these files that doesn't require the drive be a wbfs drive? I know there is like wbfs manager or something but it has to prepare the drive as a wbfs drive and I'm not going to do that.

12. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    not sure then. sorry.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

this is a stretch, but Joonie of team rebug might know. he's Korean and plays his games in Korean. I know he knows a lot about the wii u, not sure about the wii. you might be able to find him on psx place.

13. crossmr

crossmr Newbie
    Newcomer

Korea, South
    Thanks, I'll see if I can get in contact with him.

14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    yw. I hope he doesn't mind me giving him a shout out. he's a great guy, but I haven't talked to him in a while. maybe give him a mention if you post something.

15. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    If this is a one off situation, perhaps try using wiimm's tools (wit.exe) and command line to convert/split the file in question

16. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - split, Brawl,