Hacking How to softmod your PSP v3

Was this guide helpful and easy to follow?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Holding triangle (I think or it just might be for custom firmware updates) can skip the battery check and update.

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you get CFW, Can you still do all the regular features of a psp (Music, Movies, Pics, and regular UMD's) or will CFW disable those features? From my Current point of view it should leave it the same, just allowing you to run emulators.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didu50 said:
After you get CFW, Can you still do all the regular features of a psp (Music, Movies, Pics, and regular UMD's) or will CFW disable those features? From my Current point of view it should leave it the same, just allowing you to run emulators.

you can still use all of that, and to top it off, there are homebrew apps that do a better job than Sony did

hilbert00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've just got a PSP 3004 with OFW 6.20 as a present and from what I've read here there is very little - if nothing - I can hack. Am I right?

Do you think there will be chance in the future to play ISOs also with my PSP?

thanks for your replies
----
hilbert

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep,you can't hack it right now.

You could try HBL(you need a game,patapon i think?google half byte loader and research
tongue.gif
) but it only plays homebrew.

As for the future,time will tell,hopefully it will be hacked
smile.gif

hilbert00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lolzed said:
Yep,you can't hack it right now.

You could try HBL(you need a game,patapon i think?google half byte loader and research
tongue.gif
) but it only plays homebrew.

As for the future,time will tell,hopefully it will be hacked
smile.gif

Thanks lolzed, then I think I'll wait for some good news!

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
for anyone who wants a psp which can be hacked, they should look online for 200x versions. I got a Japanese one last year, and even tho it was V3 motherboard, I could still hack it somehow. Not the same as the 3000 series, since you have to be lucky to have an old firmware.

Anyway, I've just found the link for prometheus and I'm downloading it... I'd like some basic info on it, since the topic start only gives the bare minimum...

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Yanazake said:
Anyway, I've just found the link for prometheus and I'm downloading it...There was already a download in this thread...QUOTE(Yanazake @ Aug 4 2010, 03:23 PM) I'd like some basic info on it, since the topic start only gives the bare minimum...
Like it says in the first post, it lets you play new games without patching. Nothing more to be said.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
On regular CFW? The go in the ISO Folder which should exist in the root of your MS once you format it in the PSP. PSX games and homebrew stuff goes in PSP/GAME generally.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
lol.. actually im running my PSP 3004 with 4.62 firmware,... xD .. long time no see PSP.. hahaha. its been 2 uears since i used you.. lol

anyway.. thanks for the softmod tuts.. time to play some games... bleh

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
well... i brought this PSP on its 1st store release date (PSP 3004 in Europe).. afaik.. its around 2007.. so the FW on my PSP is 4.62 on that time.. and never touched it.. after i finished playing killzone i never used it once since that time..
biggrin.gif

after 2-3 years i guess. well i searched a lil about PSP 3XXX's CFW if it is available.. but atleast.. i found one here in gbatemp (only softmod though
frown.gif
) and upgraded my FW to 5.02 and do the TIFF exploit.. and install the CFW..
biggrin.gif
now im, happy.. time to play some my Owned UMD PSP imports (that actually fucking region coded ..)
biggrin.gif
harvest Moon time.. never tried to play some cso/iso though.. hahahha

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i just scroll to the image right i dont click on it?

EDIT: This time it didnt freeze but the pic was of a blue background with white bars everywhere.. am i doing something wrong?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saken said:
i just scroll to the image right i dont click on it?

EDIT: This time it didnt freeze but the pic was of a blue background with white bars everywhere.. am i doing something wrong?

No, it just takes ages for it to work sometimes. Dunno why. Just keep at it. I swear I had to try it about 150 times before the damn thing finally worked. Worth it in the end though. Just be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1