Hacking How to softmod your PSP v3

Was this guide helpful and easy to follow?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sendyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to play any of the iso/cso's I add to Iso folder, I open them on the iso loader but it doesn't seem to start it just gives me a endless black screen.

I'm on Firmware 6.35 pro

EDIT: Nvm got it working.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Just in case you guys missed it, a new version of ISO Tool was released.

It lets you make XMB icons for ISO's so you don't need to use the Prom loader each time. Note HEN is still required.

Also, not sure if it's in Rydian's FAQ but 6.20 is much better than 6.35 (more ISO support, POPS coming soon) so if it isn't in Rydian's guide, I will make a downgrading section in this one.

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psp scene is way too complicated for me to keep up with everything, as i don't even play it much. thank you to the people keeping this thread up to date, and i hope you continue to do so.

The Composer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So, with thise guide you can mod a psp go to read backups?

Because I have a psp 1000 with umds and if the go could read backups I could sell the phat and play the isos on the go

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Prowler: Seems the latest version of hellcat's works on 6.x now.
http://www.psp-hacks.com/2011/01/18/recove...v1-65-released/

• The current downgrading info should be retitled "Downgrading your semi-hackable 6.20 PSP", and should have this program at the beginning which checks the model.
    http://www.qj.net/qjnet/psp/psp-homebrew-p...hecker-v10.html
    And the instructions should only be followed if the model checker says it's a 03g. 04g will not work.
  • So there should be a new downgrading instruction right below it, which is "Downgrading your fully-hackable 6.x PSP", and should just involve running the signed HEN for your 6.x version (6.20 TN-C or 6.35 PRO) and then running the new hellcat's to flash M33 on.
So...

QUOTE said:
- If your PSP is on firmware 5.03 or less, follow the 5.03 softmod section for your model.
- If your PSP is on firmware 5.50 up to 6.35 and fully hackable, follow the "Downgrading your fully-hackable 6.x PSP" step.
- If your PSP is on firmware 5.50 to 6.35 and is only semi-hackable, follow the 6.35 HEN step.

- If your PSP is higher than 6.35 (and if the motherboard is fully hackable) read this guide in order to downgrade to 5.03.

I think that's it.

MysticX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you might wanna add that during the eppsloit, that if people are having trouble in getting it to work, then all you have to do is press X really fast and keep pressing it...like xxxxxxxx

it worked for me, now for the next step.

Lacertia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a seconded hand psp 3000 today, and got everything working perfect, thanks for a simple guide ^^

Edit - got abit of a problem, followed 6.35 Softmod (100x/200x/300x/Go) got Promethus ISO Loader. Trying to load Crisis core but when i do, screen stays black and then shuts down the psp

any ideas cheers.

Nvm, i got it working, i downgraded from 6.35 to 6.20 and used 6.20 Tn-c and used OpenIdea ISO Loader 0.2 beta3 and it works! woot.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
Rydian said:
So...

QUOTE said:
- If your PSP is on firmware 5.03 or less, follow the 5.03 softmod section for your model.
- If your PSP is on firmware 5.50 up to 6.35 and fully hackable, follow the "Downgrading your fully-hackable 6.x PSP" step.
- If your PSP is on firmware 5.50 to 6.35 and is only semi-hackable, follow the 6.35 HEN step.

- If your PSP is higher than 6.35 (and if the motherboard is fully hackable) read this guide in order to downgrade to 5.03.

I think that's it.
You do know that if a 3k is UNDER 6.20 OFW, it's automatically 3G and thus downgradeable to 5.03, right?

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
MysticX said:
you might wanna add that during the eppsloit, that if people are having trouble in getting it to work, then all you have to do is press X really fast and keep pressing it...like xxxxxxxx

it worked for me, now for the next step.
I'll put it next to where it says pressing A and B simultaneously increases the Pokemon catch rate.

JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Finally jumped in and got a PSP-3000 yesterday (incredibly late to the party, I know) and followed this guide. In less than five minutes I'm already playing my NES rom collection in my hands! Very easy to follow and do. You'd have to be braindead to mess this up.
smile.gif

default2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Soooo im on 5.00 m33-4...(PSP 2001) and i want to update.

From what ive read the latest CFW is prometheus 4 right? Or do i have to install GEN D3 before hand?

Any help, would be apreciated, i really dont want to mess up.

trance

Trophies
XP
Country
default2k said:
Soooo im on 5.00 m33-4...(PSP 2001) and i want to update.

From what ive read the latest CFW is prometheus 4 right? Or do i have to install GEN D3 before hand?

Any help, would be apreciated, i really dont want to mess up.
You're not even on latest M33 yet. Get the M33-6 and prome4 installers, if you decide not to upgrade to GEN.

Prague

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the deal with playing new releases on a semi-hacked 3000 that's running 6.35? Ys I and II is coming out later this month and I really want to play it, but I'm assuming it will ship with the latest version of the firmware. Is there any way to get around this so I can play the thing?

Prague

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Don't ask about stuff that's not out yet, because it's not out yet so we can't test it, and if there are bypasses, they will not come until after it's out and hackers find how to bypass it.

I mean seriously.

I was asking how this generally works. I know that with CFW you just have to wait for a new version of the CFW, but wasn't sure what's possible with the 6.35 hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1