Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

loco365

Trophies
XP
Alright. I'm on 6.20 PRO B9, according to my PSP, and I haven't checked for new updates for a while. Should I stay on my current CFW, or should I update to something that is better? And if so, what's the best option as of now?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If it's WPA2, the PSP only supports WEP and WPA.
It is WPA-PSK (AES). The PSP detects it correctly... but every time I try to enter the long-ass multi-character key, it keeps insisting a connection error, but it won't TELL ME what the error IS.
Don't know what's up there.

Alright. I'm on 6.20 PRO B9, according to my PSP, and I haven't checked for new updates for a while. Should I stay on my current CFW, or should I update to something that is better? And if so, what's the best option as of now?
PRO-C.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, I'll run Hellcat's Recovery program to go to 5.00, then run the 6.20 updater, then run the new updater, just to be safe. At least I have some experience with Hellcat's.

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple used PSP Gos that I picked up today from GameStop. They came with 6.35 and 6.60 OFW installed, and I'm looking for the best solution for perma-modding them.
I've been out of the scene for a while, so this is mostly fresh stuff for me nowadays, and some help would be awesome.

dadi44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple used PSP Gos that I picked up today from GameStop. They came with 6.35 and 6.60 OFW installed, and I'm looking for the best solution for perma-modding them.
I've been out of the scene for a while, so this is mostly fresh stuff for me nowadays, and some help would be awesome.

Depends on what firmware you want. I was on 5.00 Prometheus and I updated to 6.60 official and then just installed the 6.60 pro b-10.

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States

Depends on what firmware you want. I was on 5.00 Prometheus and I updated to 6.60 official and then just installed the 6.60 pro b-10.

I'm not entirely sure, actually. Firmware versions are somewhat over my head, as I was last using m33-something on my Slim, forever ago.
All I know, is I want a permanent solution for the two systems. No temporary stuff, if possible, as one of them is going to someone that would barely understand the modded state anyways..

[edit] Also, it looks like the 6.60 permanent patch does not work for a PSPGo, so they'd need to be downgraded to 6.20..

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

I'm not entirely sure, actually. Firmware versions are somewhat over my head, as I was last using m33-something on my Slim, forever ago.
All I know, is I want a permanent solution for the two systems. No temporary stuff, if possible, as one of them is going to someone that would barely understand the modded state anyways..

[edit] Also, it looks like the 6.60 permanent patch does not work for a PSPGo..
Downgrade to 6.20

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, the 6.35 downgraded just fine. However, the 6.60 is spitting out an error (CAAFFFFFCF7), saying a later version of the system software is already installed.
Everything I can find, points towards downgrading issues with this error message means this model is impossible to downgrade currently. Looks like 6.60temp CFW for this one, eh? Unless someone knows something a little more up to date and can help me out..

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, the 6.35 downgraded just fine. However, the 6.60 is spitting out an error (CAAFFFFFCF7), saying a later version of the system software is already installed.
Everything I can find, points towards downgrading issues with this error message means this model is impossible to downgrade currently. Looks like 6.60temp CFW for this one, eh? Unless someone knows something a little more up to date and can help me out..
How are you trying to downgrade?

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
How are you trying to downgrade?

I'm attempting to downgrade from OFW 6.60 to OFW 6.20, using the copy of Chronoswitch Downgrader that you have linked to in the instructions of this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong