Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

torsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Run the PROUPDATE file, what does it tell you?

When i launch the PROUPDATE i see the hack in action for a very little time, than PSP restarts..
Uploaded short video to see hack in action
http://videobam.com/IbOtV
I think I found your problem:
irZg2.jpg

So basically, you were accidentally exiting the installer, meaning that you weren't installing the hack. Make sure you press 'X' to install. After that, some text will appear under it and launch back into the XMB. To ensure you have hacked successfully, try pressing select (the VSH menu should come up). Also check Settings > System Settings > System info to see if it says 6.20 PRO-B10.
yeah, i mean that the installer (quickly) exiting although i press x to install, or press L to reinstall. i have tried to re download the hack, no result. I have tried another version of the hack, same result. :( :(
Thanks for helping

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well in that case either your R button is stuck or something is wrong with your current fw . My advise is to just update to 6.39 or 6.60 and install PRO on either of them . Since you have a psp-1000 you will be able to run CIPL patcher & the cfw will be permanent .

If the same thing happen to the installer then try doing a factory reset & if that fails then it should be the button .

UtadaRumiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. Didn't realize you could ask questions on this topic. Anyway, what exactly does "signed" mean for custom firmware 6.60 PRO B10? Just curious.

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
That's actually how you can run the installer on official firmware. Unsigned homebrew/whatever can't be run on OFW so you'll need a CFW to run those.

I'm sure someone here knows the technical stuff of signing and keys but that's the gist of it.

GerianTuraray

Trophies
XP
Ok, i've followed everything, and it says on the system info "6.20 Pro-B10" am I good? and do I need a magic magic stick to run the games or just plug it in and play?

GerianTuraray

Trophies
XP
Ok thanks... oh wait, if I put them in the ISO folder in the root of my psp, do I still need to throw them in the game folder thing? Sorry, I'm still a noob, only got the psp 1 hour ago. D:

BaronBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey do we have any confirmation if we can use rydians guide to patch 6.20/6.60 into a e-1000 psp?And assuming it is compatible,schould it not get its own category in the first page?Just wondering for those people that have that specific psp model

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey do we have any confirmation if we can use rydians guide to patch 6.20/6.60 into a e-1000 psp?And assuming it is compatible,schould it not get its own category in the first page?Just wondering for those people that have that specific psp model
yes you could just dl the cfw for your respective firmware and install it once a use fast recovery afterwards

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
IMPORTANT!
If your PSP has never had a firmware 6.20 or less installed, then it cannot downgrade to 6.20.
You WILL brick it if you try.
This is technically not true any more (I know you know that :P ). I don't know if you want to let people know how to do the Chronoswitch downgrade or just spare them the "can't-upgrade" risk and not tell them (or advise against it). Whatever, you'll do the right thing. :)

btw- It seems as though Frostegator's Chronoswitch upgrader fix works for TA-95's but not TA-95v2's -- it that is of any help.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Can a Mystic Silver Gran Turismo Edition PSP-3000 be proCFW 6.20 perma modded if it's on 6.20 OFW? Alternatively can it be downgraded to 6.20 OFW just in case it was already updated to 6.60 OFW and then it can be proCFW 6.20 perma modded?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights :glare: