Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm having a problem.

PSP: Model 2001
Current Official Firmware: 6.39

It won't let me install the 6.20 PRO firmware, do I need to use some kind of downgrader to downgrade past 6.20 and then install 6.20 PRO?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
^ it's not certain if he has a fully hackable 2000, so I'm not sure if he'll be able to use the cipl flasher.

Yeah, you'll have to downgrade it first. Seeing it's a psp 2000, you won't have to worry whether your psp can be downgraded to 6.20 or not (it 100% will). If you want 6.20, go ahead and downgrade to 6.20 ofw, then install 6.20 pro.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
^ it's not certain if he has a fully hackable 2000, so I'm not sure if he'll be able to use the cipl flasher.

Yeah, you'll have to downgrade it first. Seeing it's a psp 2000, you won't have to worry whether your psp can be downgraded to 6.20 or not (it 100% will). If you want 6.20, go ahead and downgrade to 6.20 ofw, then install 6.20 pro.

Actually 2001 are known to be fully hackable, kthx.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Actually 2001 are known to be fully hackable, kthx.
Take a look at this (from xist's guide):
firmwarecompatibility.gif

As you see, there are various psp 2000 motherboards, and a certain one (TA-088v3) can't use pandora nor is it fully hackable. Without knowledge on which motherboard your 2k has, it isn't the smartest thing to use the cipl flasher, which only works on fully hackable psps. It may result in a brick, and without pandora, you won't be able to recover.

The cipl flasher enables permanency on 6.39 and 6.60 firmwares, but only on fully hackable psps. There's realy no reason to not use 6.20 + perma, when you have a psp 2k. It's by far, the safest method of hacking any psp motherboard/model with permanency.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well when I ran the downgrader, it said I had an 02G.

Where do I get the cipl flasher?
Rather than the gen of it, you should look at the motherboard it has. The fully unhackable psp 2k also is 02G. I'm sure there are some homebrews (like pspident) to identify the motherboard. But I highly recommend you just downgrade if you already have the downgrader.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I already downgraded it to 6.20, but I'm still not sure which version of PRO to upgrade to.

I don't want to brick the thing...

torsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,
i am trying to mod (620PRO-B10.fix) my 1004 psp, but something goes wrong:
-update successfully to 6.20
-formatted memory stick
-put PROUPDATE, 620PRO_Permanent, Fastrecovery folders in PSP\GAME
-put ISO folder in memory stick root
-run PROUPDATE (something happen here really fast)
run Pro permanent Bootloader: file corrupt.
i have tried unsuccessfully with another memory stick.
Where i am wrong?

Thanks in advance
Gian

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Run the PROUPDATE file, what does it tell you?

When i launch the PROUPDATE i see the hack in action for a very little time, than PSP restarts..
Uploaded short video to see hack in action
http://videobam.com/IbOtV
I think I found your problem:
irZg2.jpg

So basically, you were accidentally exiting the installer, meaning that you weren't installing the hack. Make sure you press 'X' to install. After that, some text will appear under it and launch back into the XMB. To ensure you have hacked successfully, try pressing select (the VSH menu should come up). Also check Settings > System Settings > System info to see if it says 6.20 PRO-B10.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: because he legit gets annoyed when someone says irregardless