Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Frankly the odds of anyone else having a patched key 5 are miniscule these days. You're just unlucky....

Budge74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks xist for your help, booted with Pandora, unpatched Key 5 with Keycleaner 1.4.
All going well on 6.20
smile.gif

And thanks Rydian for a straightforward guide, very useful.

LittleRedRidingH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
can someone please help me!!

I'm trying to downgrade my psp go from 6.39 to 6.35. I downloaded the 6.20 official firmware but on my psp it says corrupted data. I tried to launch it from the downgrader but it says it can't find it. My psp go is definitely 05g. What do I do? Please help :,(

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LittleRedRidingHood said:

I'm trying to downgrade my psp go from 6.39 to 6.35. I downloaded the 6.20 official firmware but on my psp it says corrupted data. I tried to launch it from the downgrader but it says it can't find it. My psp go is definitely 05g. What do I do? Please help :,(

if you're trying to downgrade to 6.35 than why are you using 6.20 OFW?

also, 6.35 and 6.39 is pretty much the same thing just hack 6.39

LittleRedRidingH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RoMee said:

if you're trying to downgrade to 6.35 than why are you using 6.20 OFW?

also, 6.35 and 6.39 is pretty much the same thing just hack 6.39

Hi thanks for your reply. I figured it out. I had to put the 6.20 ofw in a folder called update. Oh and the reason why I want it on 6.20 is so that the hack is permenant and not temporary. Unless I'm missing something??

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi thanks for your reply. I figured it out. I had to put the 6.20 ofw in a folder called update. Oh and the reason why I want it on 6.20 is so that the hack is permenant and not temporary. Unless I'm missing something??

you wrote it wrong
QUOTEI'm trying to downgrade my psp go from 6.39 to 6.35.
that's why I got a little confused

LittleRedRidingH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RoMee said:

you wrote it wrong
QUOTEI'm trying to downgrade my psp go from 6.39 to 6.35.
that's why I got a little confused

Oh sorry about that
smile.gif
xx Thank you for your help. I just realised that I can no longer use launch my psn games now that I'm on 6.20. It says I need to activate the system and in order to do that I need to update. Is there anyway around this?
smile.gif
xx

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Log back onto the PSN and redownload them from your account. You need to reacquire the licences for the file.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok a couple of quick questions...Im on a PSPgo running 6.20 TN-E

1.Can the permanent 6.20 work on the Go and if so, is it better than 6.20 TN-E

2.If it can't run the permanent 6.20 is the temporary 6.29 better than 6.20 TN-E

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
Ok a couple of quick questions...Im on a PSPgo running 6.20 TN-E

1.Can the permanent 6.20 work on the Go and if so, is it better than 6.20 TN-E

2.If it can't run the permanent 6.20 is the temporary 6.29 better than 6.20 TN-E
I'm supposing you meant 6.39 PRO by '6.29.'

6.20 TN-E has an unofficial permanent patch (by frostegater, not by total_noob), but I'd rather use an official perma patch, so use 6.20 PRO-B6. If you are unsure as to whether install it or not, you can do a test run of the permanent patch (which is an option given when you try to install the permanent patch) to check if your psp Go is safe to permanently hack. Also, the permanent patch will create a back-up of the non-permanent VSH menu, just in case you brick your psp.

You won't need 6.39 PRO as it's basically the same as 6.20 PRO. I'd say that 6.20 PRO-B6 is better than 6.20 TN-E because it has a new ISO loader (inferno) and it has recovery mode.

Don't forget to uninstall a permanent patch (by reloading the permanent patcher and selecting the uninstall option) when upgrading to a newer version of the LCFW.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply....Imma download it now. I like to stay up-to-date with my hacks, but just fro my knowledge later on....what does the "L" in LCFW mean....never heard of that before

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
Thanks for the reply....Imma download it now. I like to stay up-to-date with my hacks, but just fro my knowledge later on....what does the "L" in LCFW mean....never heard of that before
Light Custom Firmware. It refers to a CFW that isn't quite a 'CFW' (lacking some functions like ISO mount, permanence, Popsloader, Fusa, etc).

zarakava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the 6.20 Custom Firmware as stated in the top post. I don't know where to go from there, for running ISO's. The two things I've tried, Fastloader .7 and UMDLauncher when I put them on my card, both say corrupt file, even though I've transfered a few times.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
zarakava said:
I just installed the 6.20 Custom Firmware as stated in the top post. I don't know where to go from there, for running ISO's. The two things I've tried, Fastloader .7 and UMDLauncher when I put them on my card, both say corrupt file, even though I've transfered a few times.
You don't need homebrews to load backed-up ISOs, since 6.20 pro-b6 has 3 built-in ISO drives. All you do is download/dump the ISO you want, make a folder named ISO in the root of your memory stick and put your ISO there. When you go to Games > Memory Stick (in the XMB) in a hacked state, you'll see all of your ISOs there.

zarakava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have my H: drive

H:\ISO

and put the ISO's in there?

then how do I find them through the PSP?

Edit: Well now it's working... I don't know what happened. Thanks a bunch.

Also, what are the best GBC/GBA and PS1 emulators.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
zarakava said:
So I have my H: drive

H:\ISO

and put the ISO's in there?

then how do I find them through the PSP?

Edit: Well now it's working... I don't know what happened. Thanks a bunch.

Also, what are the best GBC/GBA and PS1 emulators.
Popsloader (PS1 emulator) doesn't work on newer LCFWs - BUT, they do have a built-in emulator. The built-in emulator's compatibility is still unknown, but it works well. Search google to find a tutorial on how to convert PS1 ISO to PSP eboot format.

As for GBA, I use gpSP (gameplay SP).

zarakava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One final thing, but I don't know if it necessarily belongs here. I bought this PSP used, and someone has a Parental Controls Password on it, can I disable that somehow?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1